The Caring Corner :)

My thermometer just read 99.3 degrees. Just checking in to make sure that I’m still tethered to this world.

Edit: Back down to 98.5 degrees. That didn’t last long.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
99.1 after my morning shower. Was the water too hot? Possibly.

COVID-19 is possible too. I’m still like the only person in my family who hasn’t had it yet. They all live in large households though. I’m lucky to have my own apartment.

Edit: Back down to 98.5 degrees. I won’t stay lucky forever though. I have to go grocery shopping and go to a restaurant today.

Last edited:
Been having nocturia. Healthline says anxiety can cause that. That’s good, because I was worried about my prostate.

My temperature did dip down to 98.5, but now it’s back up to 99.4 without me eating anything since that last post. I might actually be sick this time. We’ll see how tonight goes.

Edit: Pulse oximeter says my oxygen is fine, but my pulse is 130 standing, 115 sitting. That’s a bit higher than usual.

Edit 2: Back down to 98.3. This is getting predictable. I guess I should just accept that my temperature spikes to 99 at random times.

Last edited:
99.6 degrees and a runny nose. I’m hoping it’s just the buffalo chicken pizza I just ate.
Yes, the sinuses do fire up mainly to produce mucus to help food down your gullet. For a lot of people some of that mucus also enters the nose and changes name to become snot that makes your nose run.

My doctor didn't follow up with me on those panels, so I'm just going to assume things are fine. My next appointment is in October.

I just came into this thread to marvel at how I haven't used it in two weeks.

I was 99 degrees this morning, so I used another COVID test. Came back negative.

I’m still 98.7 right now though, so I’m kinda freaking out. I think I have something, just not COVID. At least, my throat’s not sore, but my nose is a little stuffy.

I was 99 degrees this morning, so I used another COVID test. Came back negative.

I’m still 98.7 right now though, so I’m kinda freaking out. I think I have something, just not COVID. At least, my throat’s not sore, but my nose is a little stuffy.
Isn't 99 degrees (37.2 celsius) pretty normal? If it's above 99.5 I would start paying attention.
Also your body temperature fluctuates during the day, so only if it's consistently high it reason for caution.
Having a stuffy nose isn't that weird either. I can get it from outside air, or when there is a lot of dust.

I got 100.7 just now, but it seemed like an error, so I tried again and got 99.1. My thermometer might be giving out, bless its heart.

I just came into this thread to marvel at how I haven't used it in two weeks.

Remember good ol' JD to your children, folks.

Will do.

JzIG6dC1.jpg

Last edited:
I was 99 degrees when I checked this morning. I kinda wanna do another COVID test, but the government says to do them 48 hours apart, so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Any specific reason you could have gotten covid between the last test and now?
Not really, I was just thinking the tests aren’t one hundred percent sensitive, so I might have to build up more COVID in my system before it appears on the test.

Anyway my temperature was 98.2 just now, so maybe I don’t need another test.

I drank too much soda, and now I can't sleep, and I'm getting really bored. I only have three cans of soda left though, so this won't be a problem tomorrow night at least.

I'm gonna have to walk to the store and buy some decaf tomorrow though. If I just have zero caffeine, I'll be grouchy as f. Instant decaf has about 8mg of caffeine per tsp, IIRC. I usually put 3 tsp in each cup I drink.

Back