The Caring Corner :)

The mole on my side is flat, but the one in the middle of my back is definitely raised. The one on my upper back can’t be reached by my fingers, sadly.

I called my sister this morning, and she did say she would take a look at all this in October.

I kinda wanna get the raised mole in the middle of my back checked before October, but it’s mostly because I’m bored and want something to obsess over. I doubt my doctor wants to see me before my next appointment, which would be after I see my sister the dermatology PA.

Like I said before, once you notice nodular melanoma, it’s usually too late anyway. I think I read that unlike the more common superficial spreading melanoma, it starts growing below the skin, so by the time it surfaces, it’s already deeply embedded.

Good news. I had someone take a picture of the raised mole in the middle of my back, and it turns out it actually varies a lot in color and symmetry, meaning it’s more likely to be superficial spreading melanoma than the more deadly nodular melanoma. I just couldn’t tell from my angle in the mirror.

6E9BA69C-1161-4297-A745-44FCF9961594.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

You know, that picture doesn’t give a good sense of scale, but hopefully you can tell by the normal sized moles in there that the main one is pretty huge.

Can I say I’m actually a bit disappointed this is probably regular melanoma and not nodular? Regular melanomas are easy to survive. 99% when not invasive, and only 5% of superficial spreading melanomas become invasive. The overall survival rate is 93% due to that.

With nodular, they’re invasive before they’re even detected, like I said. Nodular melanomas mostly happen to much older people than me though.

I'm sleeping better these days, but I think it's just because I'm eating less food. Part of the problem is that I still do as much sleeping in the morning after sunrise as I do at night.

My temp was 96.3 at one point last night, but rose to 97.1 by morning. I think it's because I ate some oatmeal at like 2 in the morning.

Hey guys, I ordered a pulse oximeter, which should be here tomorrow. Now you’ll get to know my blood oxygen levels and pulse rate, along with the temperature readings I’m already famous for.

I just thought it would be the most efficient way to keep an eye out for COVID-19, since I can test hundreds of times for just one payment of twenty dollars.

Yeah, I've been half in mind to get myself one of those, after seeing medics on the ambulances using them on TV. I don't know what to look for to get a genuine one, and I'd expect there to be dodgy clones out there by now.

Yeah, I've been half in mind to get myself one of those, after seeing medics on the ambulances using them on TV. I don't know what to look for to get a genuine one, and I'd expect there to be dodgy clones out there by now.
Are you talking about rain or thunderstorms?

Oh, there must have been a software update. Now, you don't even see anymore, that there is a post by someone you ignore. (Yeah, I'm on JDTAY-break again.)

Back