The Caring Corner :)

Were you doing any kind of exercise when you were there, or were you just seated while they took your measurements? I could imagine that the 'HI' could start for high intensity, a type of exercise. In general blood pressure is systolic over diastolic, and neither of those seem to give an explanation for an acronym 'HIL'. The only problem with my exercise theory is that if you were doing exercise I'd expect your heart rate to be higher than 108.

I wasn't suggesting he does any. I was asking about his level of exertion while there. In my experience I've only ever had my blood pressure taken when seated and relatively relaxed, but his tests might have a different aim where JDtay is.

Oh man, there was an article in the paper about a hepatitis A outbreak in my county. Fortunately, I only have like two of those symptoms.

Staff at my apartment took my blood pressure today, and it was lower than on Thursday. 150-something over 88.

Staff at my apartment took my blood pressure today, and it was lower than on Thursday. 150-something over 88.
Yeah, a bit better. Might want to befriend a vampire to lower your blood pressure (but ask if it has hepatitis first, you don't want to contract that).
So one side of your country has fires, and the others a storm, right?
As for Hepatitis... do you share a bathroom? If it is your own, keep it clean, if it is shared, keep it cleaner.

My psych didn't take any blood today, but took my blood pressure. 160 over 99. Beat that, I dare you.

It sucks that I don't see my physical doctor again until October, because I could really use some blood pressure meds. I wonder why my blood pressure was lower in there on Friday. Only like 130 over 80. I guess my body didn't want blood pressure meds, so it faked lower pressure for a bit.
I have seen a very high blood pressure; if I remember correctly it was 320/180, that was when the doctor was already using a lot of medication to lower the pressure. Eventually it returned to normal values, pretty scary stuff.
My first impression was to giggle as I thought the machine must have broken or I wasn't looking correctly, as my own blood pressure usually is so very low and I didn't knew values that high even existed.

@TeDaDeS in those cases, try any other person, try the other arm. Make sure the apparatus is broken. I would panic instead of giggle.

Might want to befriend a vampire to lower your blood pressure

I wouldn't bother the side effects can be pretty bad. One of the most common ones is ending up with the following hairstyle.

4356c4c8-7bf8-f47b..jpg

I read this and made the mistake of asking Peony whether we'd run out of storage space anytime soon. She replied with "I wouldn't worry, there's plenty of empty space in here :p". Would anyone like to take her off my hands?

I almost didn't go out on Father's Day earlier today. Had a temp of over 99 for some reason. Fortunately, it was back down to 98.0 by the time I finished with Dad, and was 96.8 just now.

I think I finally broke myself. Woke up in cold sweat with a bit of a cough. Temp was 96.0.

It kinda sucks that I still can't seek treatment until it hits the 94 range. I'm freaking out a bit right now.

So, I ate some microwave food, drank a bit of cool water, then took my temp again, and it was 99.0. I think you guys were right about needing an ear thermometer. Jeez.

25 minutes later, back down to 97.7, which is about where I wanted it. I just gotta remember not to take my temp after eating microwave food.

Back