The Caring Corner :)

Usually my temperature is lowest after sleeping.
Ouch, so you can't keep your temperature when sleeping? (or are you a wildchild: waking up without sheet covers and with one leg hanging outside while only wearing underwear instead of pj's)
I only have that in the winter, when it's 50 degrees in my room. But a good waterbottle lasts me the whole night. What's your day/night rhythm? Do you go to bed before 12:00?

Here's one to screw with your log. I was doing laundry with my mask on for over an hour. Started sweating like crazy. Came back upstairs, and sure enough, posted a 99.4.

This may be a Rexulti thing instead of a thyroid thing. I dunno, I'll ask for an opinion at my check-up on Friday.
Or, were there any driers running that vented into the room? That can make the environment very claggy quite quickly.

Alternatively, stooping to pick laundry out of your basket and into the machine, and then moving it into a separate drier can be quite the squat exercise. Exercise makes you sweat, at least if you're doing it right, so you don't need to worry about that.

My hypochondria is acting up again. I was searching about hypothyroidism. It has multiple causes. Having a bad thyroid isn’t that bad, since you can literally live without it, but there’s also the possibility of having a bad pituitary gland or a bad hypothalamus. Those would be a bit harder to treat.

Since both my dad and sister have hypothyroidism, I should probably ask what their cause is. Me being young and male though, the cause is more likely to be something weird. I’m jumping ahead of myself though, since I still don’t even get tested for hypothyroidism until tomorrow.

My hypochondria is acting up again.

oh-really-i-couldnt-tell.jpg

Yeah, looking at it more, a bad thyroid itself is way more common than a bad pituitary gland or hypothalamus. I really shouldn’t be too worried.

That said, I’ve also been looking at acromegaly, a condition associated with pituitary tumors. I have kinda weird hands, and that’s one possible explanation for it, though swelling of the limbs is also associated with hypothyroidism itself.

Shoot, I was taking my temp just now, and it started stalling in the 96 range, so I thought I would have a nice low temp to give to you guys, but it just barely eked out a 97.0. I’m gonna need something lower than that to tell my doctor tomorrow if I want to be screened for hypothyroidism. The night’s still young though, maybe I can push it lower if I sleep more.

I kinda hate myself. I couldn’t sleep because people were arguing outside my apartment, so I went for a walk outside to make sure everything was all right. Came back in and my temp was at 97.9, practically normal. At this rate, I’ll have a fever by the time I go in for my checkup tomorrow, which sucks because I’m more worried about the 96s I’ve been having than the 99s.

Being inside for an hour brought me back down to 97.2, despite no sleep. Maybe I can post a 96 tonight. It’s weird that it goes in both directions though. I’m starting to doubt my hypothyroidism theory. Rexulti doesn’t quite make sense either though, since it only explains the occasional 99s. Does anyone know what stops body temperature regulation in both directions?

I felt cold, so I took my temp again after just twenty minutes. 96.8 degrees. I knew I could do it, but now I’m kinda afraid of freezing before sunrise. I guess I could go outside again. Or maybe just turn the AC off.

Still can’t sleep. Fortunately, I think my temp stabilized. 96.7 just now. It occurs to me that the lowest I’ve ever seen it is 96.5, so I guess that’s my floor. If I still have a floor, I can’t have anything too bad, right?

Reactions: rSl
Can you already tell me what to expect? In about to weeks I'll follow suit.
It's horrible, the day before you'll turn 40 they'll take a small chunk out of the sun and the day it self is not as sunny as the days before... And like my mother (78) keeps reminding me I'm definetely over the hill now and old.

I finally fell asleep sometime before 3 AM and stayed out past 6 AM. Sleep has its benefits and drawbacks. 96.6 just now, ugh. I won’t bother posting in this thread again until after my checkup. It’s at 10 AM, so if I don’t post by 1 PM EDT, you can assume I died on the spot.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that my doctor told me not to worry about hitting 96.6 in the morning. The bad news is that my doctor told me not to worry about hitting 96.6 in the morning. No thyroid screening, and doesn't even see me again for another four months. She's gonna be sorry when I'm in a myxedema coma.

Back