The Caring Corner :)

@ClockworkCoder was right. About me getting worse that is. Temp's at 99.1 degrees now. I actually probably can chalk it up to Rexulti this time, but I still wonder why it was so low at midnight.

I tried to distract myself with tracking thunderstorms, but the only one that came through here so far moved so fast that it didn't even have time to damage anything.

Staff took my blood pressure just now. 156 over 97. Kinda worried about that 97.

I didn't mention it to you guys, but I saw my doctor at the end of April, and they said my blood pressure was still worrisome, but that they didn't want to prescribe me anything for it until I had worked up a good dose of Rexulti in my system, which is basically the same thing they said four weeks before that. I don't see them again until the middle of June. Hopefully my veins don't burst before then.

My less than two year old Windows laptop just bricked. Not even gonna bother replacing it. Microsoft needs to improve their security first. Dell probably wasn’t the best brand to go with either.

My less than two year old Windows laptop just bricked. Not even gonna bother replacing it. Microsoft needs to improve their security first. Dell probably wasn’t the best brand to go with either.
Don't you care about your data on your hdd? Laptop's can brick due to over-heating failure. Especially when used in bed, or other cloth, which is designed to keep warm. When dust and fluff gets into the machine and prevents airflow. It's usually a sign that you don't take much care of the machine itself. Usually it does not take much, just a touch of vacuum cleaner to suck out the food, hair and boogies. You can best use them on a flat, cold surface. Maybe even on a gel pad (I use a cold-waterbottle to keep it cool while watching a movie, for example). OTOH, Dell, like many others is designed to break after the warantee but only if you do not maintain it properly.

BTW, would you have your temperature data in a convenient excel spreadsheet so I can take a look?

Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a temperature thing, and I’ve never used it anywhere besides a desk. Windows Security stopped working, and when I tried a factory reset, it froze in the middle of it. Now it shows the Dell logo when I power on, but freezes shortly after.

I’m sick of the thing anyway, like I said. I knew it was hacked.

Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a temperature thing, and I’ve never used it anywhere besides a desk. Windows Security stopped working, and when I tried a factory reset, it froze in the middle of it. Now it shows the Dell logo when I power on, but freezes shortly after.

Your problems will be solved by: A Booteable Linux USB stick.
Welcome to the fun side!

Good news, I decided to turn it on again without the plug, in order to run out the battery, and it actually made it to a system recovery screen this time. Hopefully it doesn’t freeze in the middle like before.

$1,000,000 question: Can a thing stop working if it never started working in the first place?
Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.”

Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?
Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.
March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.
Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.”

That site claims the prevalence of mental health issues in specifically adults is fifth lowest in Florida and second lowest in Texas. I’m going to object to those numbers. It does say Florida is really bad about treatment though.

That site claims the prevalence of mental health issues in specifically adults is fifth lowest in Florida and second lowest in Texas.

florida%20man.JPG

Seems fine to me. :)

Had a massive thunderstorm not too long ago. I wasn't too bothered by it but Peony was shaking with anxiety and on the verge of being sick. So I took her to the safest place in the house and did my best to comfort her. She's slowly recovering due to an infusion of ice cream and Most Haunted.

Reactions: rSl
Yeah, we had lightning and thunder here today. Still managed to get out and take a walk in a dry spell, but I certainly wasn't about to do a long walk given the frequency of storms.

Yeah, sounds like the computer might be fine, but windows is a problem. Try Linux or BSD.

You know, I didn’t tell anyone, but when I was in the middle of posting to the Bad Joke Appreciation Corner on May 3rd, my heartbeat felt funny for a minute, and I had to wait for it to calm down before I could finish my post. Seeing as it has been over a week and it hasn’t happened again though, I’m probably all right.

I did try looking up the causes of irregular heartbeat though, and the Cymbalta I take is a potential one. So are obesity and caffeine intake. *shrug*

Back