The Caring Corner :)

The term last night covers both pre and post midnight darkness so it could have been yesterday or today.

I try to avoid greeting anyone under any circumstances, because they may try and indulge in small talk which is something that should have no place in a civilised society.
A regular Oscar Wilde!

I deleted the dev stuff off of my computer, sort of intending to leave the Pyra forums too, but I'm gonna wait until after my psych appointment on Thursday, and see if I feel better then, maybe even reinstall everything. I think I just gotta get some more medicine in my system.
Post automatically merged:

My current plan is to ask him to increase the Klonopin, but I'll see if he has any recommendations for a fourth psych med too. I mean, three is nothing, I know folks who take like ten.

Actually, I should get you guys to hit me with some recommendations. Already on max Cymbalta, max Invega, 2mg daily Klonopin. Still have anxiety, bipolar symptoms, probable hallucinations. Any other med that would fit into this?

sort of intending to leave the Pyra forums too, but I'm gonna wait until after my psych appointment on Thursday, and see if I feel better then

See you on Friday. I used to randomly decide to leave the forums too but never got round to it for some reason, now if I left I'd lose my main source of Guinea Pigs for testing my dubious quality software and games. :)

Yeah, can't wait for Thursday. I figure no matter what's going on, 4mg of Klonopin a day should take care of it nicely. Being asleep 18 hours a day actually sounds like a pretty good way to ride out the rest of my life.
Post automatically merged:

The voices, man. I can't make out what they're saying, but the tone is incredibly derisive.

Being asleep 18 hours a day actually sounds like a pretty good way to ride out the rest of my life.

I could never sleep for 18 hours a day, I would hardly have any time for my favourite hobby of procrastinating.

As for how much of a procrastinator I am. Back in secondary school I used to leave doing some of my homework until the morning of the day that it was due, I went into school early and finished it off there. Also another example is me posting this rather than doing any work on my projects.

In Metric Countrys, 100 degrees are the boiling point of water,
So get well soon..
It's not about being metric. It's the difference between degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit. While in the UK Celcius became more popular than Fahrenheit in the 1980s, we metricated our money then our weights a little earlier. Like metric figured, Fahreneit uses base 10 numbers and each step is of the same value, it's just made using a misconception that the coldest liquid you can get is salted water. That's not true if you change the air pressure, or if you change the liquid (mercury does actually freeze if you get it to -38 degrees F).

I'm not sure but I'd expect France to have gone metric a lot before the science got advanced enough to see Fahrenheit as rather silly.

It also appears that I'm a liar. Because since I made my previous post I've started to rewrite my Lonely Tower story/game/thing (first passage done so far) and add subtitle download support to my youtube-dl frontend (works fine, just need to add user choice bits).

Refactoring implies a lack of change in functionality. Rewrite covers all bases.
To guarantee lack of change, you need to create millions and millions of test cases before refactoring.
Rewrite is a bit more free. For example: you can rewrite it in another language.

Yes, to guarantee it, though I'd be happy with all of the edge cases and one or two reasonable cases. Not everyone guarantees it though, and it's not unknown for a straightforward attempt at a refactor actually introduces regressions. Refactor comes from the idea of factorising a program into functions or different classes, so I'd agree that reproducing a program in a different language doesn't really count as refactoring.

Crap, man, psych refused to go up on my Klonopin. I was dropping the hint pretty hard. He seemed to agree with the hospital's conclusion that I need therapy.

He did give me something for my trouble though, Rexulti. Not sure what exactly this is, but based on the generic name, I assume it's a bit like Abilify, which I used to take.

Back