The Caring Corner :)

Sorry about that, if you're comparing yourself against me. I've been coding python now for over a decade, so it's perhaps not surprising it comes to mind so easily.

Sorry about that, if you're comparing yourself against me. I've been coding python now for over a decade, so it's perhaps not surprising it comes to mind so easily.

Nah it's just me feeling that I should be better at programming than I am despite having hardly done any since 2015. It also doesn't help that I was pretty decent at it when I was younger but now I'm older things aren't coming quite so easily any more. Pascal was my favourite language back then, I remember riding on the bus back from college cobbling together a program using just my brain + pen and paper. I keep meaning to install Lazarus to see if I can rekindle the same feelings that I experienced back then. Whether I'll actually get round to it is something I don't know.

I never knew that developing software would cause me such high levels of anxiety (to the point of nausea). My guess is it's due to wanting to do a good job + comparing myself unfavourably to others. #firstworldproblems

Edit: I'm not going to let it stop me though.
You are just rusty... it takes time again to pick it up (your Programming knowledge migrated to another part of the brain that has higher latency to recall). Libraries are gone, and replaced by new ones. The build/toolchain is different. The CODING, just like our English language, changes.
For example, Pascal: Syntax used to be UPPERCASE BEGIN and END, then somehow around 2000 it was lowercase begin and end.

(I do not know if I posted this already?)

Many thanks for the advice. :)

In other news I've noticed that I've started trying to do too many things at once (as usually happens) and it's causing me stress and affecting my mental health. So I'm trimming things back a bit.

Old list

• Finish current game
  • make platform game using either GDevelop or ct.js
  • make games for TIC-80 fantasy console
  • add features to youtube-dl frontend
  • Start making applications in Pascal again
Current list

• Finish current game
  • make platform game using either GDevelop or ct.js
  • add features to youtube-dl frontend
These are in addition to my proofreading/formatting for pgdp.net + my photo taking/occasional editing.

Hey guys, I just spent the morning at the hospital. Called in with homicidal ideation, but they ended up diagnosing me with suicidal ideation, and released me with the promise to set up some therapy.

Being in the emergency room, Room 54, is fun. "Room 53, COVID positive, Room 54, COVID negative, Room 55, COVID positive." I was being treated by nurses treating COVID patients. Time to put that Moderna to the test, eh?

Called in with homicidal ideation, but they ended up diagnosing me with suicidal ideation

better-luck-next-time.png

Reactions: rSl
Uggh, was just reminded why I called in the first place, and why therapy won't work. People I don't even know come by my apartment to threaten me. Heard one shouting at me like fifteen minutes ago. It's scary, and it can't continue forever, even if I try to let it. Either I'll end up dead, or someone else will.

He said something like, "Don't nobody believe your s***!" It implies that a large number of people are aware of me, but I don't know any of them. I could be in danger every time I leave my apartment. Hell, the apartment itself isn't secure either.

I'm glad you're okay, @JDTAY.

I'm curious why you think the person who yelled "Don't nobody believe your shit!" was yelling at you. If you live in an apartment, couldn't it have been directed at someone else? Or even someone yelling at someone on the phone?

Uggh, was just reminded why I called in the first place, and why therapy won't work. People I don't even know come by my apartment to threaten me. Heard one shouting at me like fifteen minutes ago. It's scary, and it can't continue forever, even if I try to let it. Either I'll end up dead, or someone else will.

He said something like, "Don't nobody believe your s***!" It implies that a large number of people are aware of me, but I don't know any of them. I could be in danger every time I leave my apartment. Hell, the apartment itself isn't secure either.
I asked this before but not sure if you saw so figured I’d ask again: when you hear people shouting at you (especially in your sleep) is it always multiple voices - so definitely different people - or is it only one individual?

The reason I ask is because I’ve been wondering whether these voices are actually external people, or whether you might have been a twin but absorbed them in the womb and that therefore these voices are an artefact? I’m definitely nothing like an expert, or authority, on the issue - just a layman - but have heard of such things before, which is why the thought occurred to me when reading some of your posts. Feel free to tell me it’s none of my business if you have no desire to go there.

Anyway, glad to hear they’re promising you support.

Last edited:
or whether you might have been twin but absorbed them in the womb and that therefore these voices are an artefact?
That's some Hollywood crap right there. I actually am a twin, but fraternal, like 90% of twins.

I mean, I have a better chance of getting cancer in my circumcised unit than having a hidden twin.

That's some Hollywood crap right there. I actually am a twin, but fraternal, like 90% of twins.

I mean, I have a better chance of getting cancer in my circumcised unit than having a hidden twin.
I should have thought the chances of the former are actually fairly high if not carried out through medical professional surgery and the latter apparently does occur outside of the silver screen but fair enough, I won’t bring it up again.

On another note, in reply to your being a fraternal twin, does your (identical?) twin experience the same voices?

Last edited:
I just remembered, I have heard of the thing you're talking about before, chimerism. Two DNAs in one body. People with that tend to have obvious external signs though, like checkerboard patterns on the skin, where two different skin tones clash. Normal looking chimeras are pretty rare.

@JDTAY How did you sleep today? Slept well?

But that was yesterday, not today? Or don't you greet anybody because you already greeted them in the past?

But that was yesterday, not today?

The term last night covers both pre and post midnight darkness so it could have been yesterday or today.

Or don't you greet anybody because you already greeted them in the past?

I try to avoid greeting anyone under any circumstances, because they may try and indulge in small talk which is something that should have no place in a civilised society.

Back