The Caring Corner :)

I think this depends entirely on the reason you take photographs, as you suggest
  • If your purpose is to objectively describe the world for the benefit of other people - photojournalism - then editing is definitely wrong.
  • If you aim to produce attractive and interesting works of art, then go ahead. Edit everything!
  • If you want to become an excellent photographer, I suggest avoiding editing, because it forces you to get the best out of your camera, lighting & scene. Post-processing may improve a good photo, but very rarely fixes a bad one. That goes for some of the fancier features in most modern digital cameras too.

For me it's a combination of a fun hobby, an opportunity to learn new skills, and also to document occurrences.

This probably sounds selfish but the documenting occurrences part is mainly for me. My memory isn't the best so I use photos to try not to forget things that I've experienced. Though if they end up being useful to others as well then that's all to the good. These I'm not going to edit.
My other photos that don't fit into that category I'm going to be editing, because photo editing is a skill I want to learn + I may actually end up with a nice looking photo one day. :)
Don't worry I have no intentions of becoming a professional, because it would suck all the fun out of photography for me. It would become a chore rather than an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: rSl
How did the haggis get down there? I thought they could only walk in circles around mountains, because their right leg is shorter than the other two?

Peony woke me up in the early hours of this morning due to her having a bad dream. She was doing some food shopping and when she got to the till to pay, she had to...

wait in a queue.

My face at the time: :|

I went for an eye test earlier today, and I've apparently gotten a bit less short sighted which I'm pretty pleased about. :cool:
Been exercising your eyes a lot since the last test?

Yeah, I'm really curious about the eye exercises, too.

Maybe just being outside more if you're working from home? Long-distance focusing in the bright sun really helped me Spring/Summer/Fall 2020, but now that it's cold winter in Chicago, I'm only really outside for short times.

Yeah, I'm really curious about the eye exercises, too.

Maybe just being outside more if you're working from home? Long-distance focusing in the bright sun really helped me Spring/Summer/Fall 2020, but now that it's cold winter in Chicago, I'm only really outside for short times.
You need to get out there and work out those peepers

I agree, but it's been hovering around 1°F (-17°C) here the past few days. Not great strolling weather. :)

You'll be fine, just put on some extra clothes. ;)

i-Stock-154918262.jpg

Back