The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-little-girl-eating-weight-issues.jpg

Today a friend helped me clear out the old flat and paint the walls - when we lugged all the stuff down and out for the truck to pick up we left those things unattended for 15 minutes - enough time for sombody to steal what they could carry. A few pieces smaller furniture, a few books and some documents. Not much monetary value involved, my hate meter is raging though.
15 full minutes? Why?
I wouldn't even let something stand anywhere without a guard for 30 seconds here.

Or at least cameras so that thieves can be identified and confronted. Still sucks. I hope the books are treated well.

There's something I showed off in the what you bought thread that may have helped in this situation... granted where I live now you can defend your property.

15 full minutes? Why?
I wouldn't even let something stand anywhere without a guard for 30 seconds here.
I had to help upstairs and I'm used to lawful villagers. Call me dumb for assuming. Turns out you get to be naive growing up in the countryside and spending your youth reading every Karl May book published. Heh, the good always win, eh?

I have talked to a neighbor who noticed two children hanging just around the corner of my stuff, probably acting as lookout for somebody older who picked the good things out. Since talking to the police earlier today I know that there is a group of people on a stealing spree in Bad Abbach. While I'll never take the risk again, having that information would certainly have influenced my behaviour.

Oh well. Live and learn. It's these things that make you wish for security cameras.

There's something I showed off in the what you bought thread that may have helped in this situation... granted where I live now you can defend your property.
I couldn't have stopped this from happening armed with an assault rifle and a license to kill. Can't help it if you don't catch anyone.
Just having a stick to bash people with is not enough I expect. Are you taking any selfe defense training?

Are you taking any selfe defense training?

I grew up in the cities. The nice part where only 2 out of 3 people say F-u to a hello and only glare at you for thirty seconds when you're walking down the sidewalk.

I know how to fight. I've been attacked by a gang 5vs1 ( take out the leader and they scurry like rats!) and I've a had a knife pulled out at me....

Unless the guy is on crack and reverse gripping a triangle bladed trench knife I'd fight back.

I'm not bragging about this crap. I wish I never had to be desentized to violence and be prepared for anything.

One of my friends had to wrestle a knife from somebody and kick it into thier chest after getting assaulted, another time he had to bite off a person's finger.

This guy feared me, and would pull people away from me for their safety...

I still worry about what I would have become if I had never left the cities.

I still wonder what would have happen if I would have accepted the CIA's offer..

On a less horror filled and action movie sounding route.. I have began the process to swap the motor on my car...

My fiancée is starting to have her pains reappear.

Last edited:
No wonder why my love feels schizophrenic...

The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss is one of the most curiously beautiful pieces of fiction I've read in a long time.

It's not an easy book to describe, but I think it might strike a figurative chord with a lot of the people in this thread.
Seriously, go and read it :)

Found out why my fiancée was in pain.

Okay actually this needs a recap first.
Last week she breaks out in red bumps and messages me at work.

She goes to the doctors they're freaking out. They find out she's allergic to the antibiotics they prescribed her yet the steroids counteract the allegeric reaction. So they prescribe her more steroids.

Her mother takes her to a chiropractor who in five minutes. Five bleedin' minutes finds the issue.

My fiancée's floating rib was dislocated! He pops it back into place cracks her back and she's feeling great!

So the doctors wanted send her to physical therapy but they had no idea what the issue was. Just one X-ray would have shown this.

ER visit 369 nothing solved.

Chiropractor visit 106 and the problem is solved!

She went in for an adjustment to help it out now she feels better than before.

My faith in doctors is really low after this situation. Except the chiropractor he's the only person who knew what they were doing.

Is there at least a way to get the money back with a signed letter from the chiropractor describing the real problem/situation?
Not doing a proper diagnosis (X-Ray in this case) is a medical error in my book and they endangered her further by their "treatment".

Is there at least a way to get the money back with a signed letter from the chiropractor describing the real problem/situation?
Not doing a proper diagnosis (X-Ray in this case) is a medical error in my book and they endangered her further by their "treatment".
Might work in europe, but here they'd argue the diagnosis was correct and suitable treatment was given. Because why find the problem when you can shove drugs down your throat at a terminal velocity!! Yeah that money is just pissed down the drain.

Have had a nice relaxing day for a change, Lady M and I visited a local lake and had a picnic + fed the local wildlife. My only wish is that we could do things like that more often *buys a stack of lottery tickets*.

Have had a nice relaxing day for a change, Lady M and I visited a local lake and had a picnic + fed the local wildlife. My only wish is that we could do things like that more often *buys a stack of lottery tickets*.
I read that as sack of lottery tickets.... funny mental image there.

My pandora seems to be limping heavily... this is a sad day for me.

As many of you probably are sick of me saying, my pandora is word processor to me. And really only that.
I am debating on whether or not I should I go ahead and attempt to make one. I've seen photos of the MintyPi a raspberry pi based heldhand in an altoids tin, and I have purchased a Xbox 360 chatpad to use as a keyboard.

My biggest condrunum is the screen. Ideally id love to use an E-ink screen, (there's a 2.9 inch one with partial refresh which is tempting) but I'm not sure how to go about this. Even an OLED screen with 125 characters per line would work. ( average sentence length on screen now is between 95-104 characters) My only question is getting a usable text editor with a spell checker to work with these displays.

All I want is long battery life and it to fit safely in my pocket.

Not sure this is the best place to tangent into that but what ever. It's on my mind.( also maybe there's a pi expert who can give some advice :p)

Also my fiancée is doing really well. This makes me happy. :)

Also I got the engine out of my car, and I am working on getting a new one in. Which has been quite time consuming.

Got another car entering my life. Got a 2002 Mexican VW beetle that's on a 1975 pan. So that's something I've wanted for a while and it just fell into my lap.

Life's been strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back