The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people other than me, Uncle Jack, and kuru care about squirrels (and our other animal cousins). Surely literate squirrels would enjoy a Pyra.

It turns out that expressing concern for a loved ones health can be interpreted as criticism. I get that I am not good at such things, but it really hurts when seeing someone that is good at putting things gently get a wholly negative response to such an expression. I am keeping it vague to protect the identities of those involved, and to keep the health concern private (it is no one any of you know personally). Is there a good way to handle things like that?
Just tell her flat out that she really is too fat if the knees are starting to capitulate - and then run as fast as you can.

I'm sure in TIME that these things will get ironed out. Just keep talking and laughing. Nothing is off of the table with friends or ex-friends. We ALL come back into the fold if given enough time and reason.

Sometimes you find out that people who claimed to be your friends... actually weren't.

Then with much introspection you discover you weren't their friend either... even though at the time you thought you were.

At this point not only is the table bare... it is also clearly an illusion.

Only a fool would try to put something on an illusory table.

Edit: Don't mind me...
I don't have any friends.
Well, none in this world at least. I use repellent.

Last edited:
yeah, i had some weird experiences in college with a friend who became not-a-friend very quickly, and it was super odd. i know i overstepped on my end, but the shut-off wall response i never understood. at the time i didn't have "closure", but i've learned to live with the lack of it, which i guess is a closure in and of itself ;). it was just an odd period of life!

Code:
var count_me_out = (function () {
   var count = 0;
   return function that_was_weird() {
      return ++count;
   };
})();
count_me_out();

I finally got someone to officially ignore me. I belong here.

Kid-Handshake-640x425.jpg

Can't remember whether I've posted this before or not so here goes. I was looking into Lady M's origins a while back, and long story short, one of the ways that I think/learn things is by creating people in my brain and discussing things with them. My original thoughts on the subject were that she was one of these people and either I didn't want her to leave after the discussion had ended or she didn't want to leave. I've since realised that it was a bit of both, I subconsciously realised that I needed her, and she wasn't going to put up with fading away like the rest because of her strong will.
I've never regretted my decision either, even if at times we do bicker like an old married couple, and I know that Lady M doesn't regret hers.

Mediator (INFP-a)

Mediator Personality (INFP, -A/-T)

Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, Mediators have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the Mediator personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

diplomats_Mediator_INFP_introduction.png

Being a part of the Diplomat Role group, Mediators are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – Mediators are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the Mediator personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.

J. R. R. Tolkien
We Know What We Are, but Know Not What We May Be
At their best, these qualities enable Mediators to communicate deeply with others, easily speaking in metaphors and parables, and understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas. Fantasy worlds in particular fascinate Mediators, more than any other personality type. The strength of their visionary communication style lends itself well to creative works, and it comes as no surprise that many famous Mediators are poets, writers and actors. Understanding themselves and their place in the world is important to Mediators, and they explore these ideas by projecting themselves into their work.

Mediators have a talent for self-expression, revealing their beauty and their secrets through metaphors and fictional characters.
Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling.

Listen to Many People, but Talk to Few
Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go.

Your Results

INFP-female.png

“The Mediator” (INFP-A)
Diplomat
Confident Individualism

95% Introverted
88% Intuitive
70% Feeling
79% Prospecting
61% Assertive

Since I'm an artisan, it kind of fits:

Architect (INTJ-t)
intj.png

And now... now we wait.

Mind: 93% Introverted
Energy: 71% Intuitive
Nature: 67% Thinking
Tactics: 88% Judging
Identity: 59% Turbulent

Last edited:
i got this a while back. seems like most of us are IN the know ;)

Your personality type: “The Logician” (INTP-A)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 33%, Intuitive: 26%, Thinking: 35%, Prospecting: 48%, Assertive: 12%.
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

ISFP-T ATM. If I take it later it would probably be totally different.
[doublepost=1486099132,1486088280][/doublepost]That was "Adventurer" in case anyone was curious but too lazy to look it up. Looks like I should have pursued a career in pop music (Michael Jackson and others), so now I should try to be a survivor of a plane crash on a weird island (a few characters from Lost). Or a dropout drug dealer turned meth cook (Jesse Pinkman). Meh.

It could be worse, I could have been like Bill Gates. Or Bjork (although that wouldn't be entirely bad).

Mine changes regularly, looks like I'm now a campaigner (ENFP) but if I recall correctly I used to be a INTP...

Depp seems rather intelligent and knowledgeable, and we share some interests. I wouldn't mind hanging out with him.

I am going to take it again to see what I come up as now.
[doublepost=1486226287,1486225537][/doublepost]Interesting. It gave me the same one again.

The other day I noticed that my family, ED, and several other people I know all got sick around the same time. I thought to myself "wow, self, we haven't been sick in years". You probably know the rest of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back