The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it didn't seem to be interested.
What kind of pamflet? Maybe it did a quick read and was just not interested.

Acorn Science, Acorn Math Games.... it might be smarter than you think...
acorn_mathPIn-200.jpg
a_squirrelsless_large.jpg
but be careful: it could be a happy tree friend!
[doublepost=1485269106,1485268380][/doublepost]
I'm pretty sure I saved a friend's life last Friday.
iu

Also: try a different outfit. Make a girl/woman choose your outfit. I sometimes stand out because of that. Not underdressed nor overdressed... just sticking out... and that is when they come pick on me (I'm not that tall, you see)

Once you have that Pyra, put it in your pant pockets. She will look at that bulge in your pants and will not be able to be distracted with pictures of cats. It will restore your male confidence.
On a serious note: It means it's a bit over her head. You lost her and she is not trying to understand the concept of "pyra" anymore. Instead, she plays it save (everybody loves cats, right?). But question back to you: how long ago did you talk to her about deep topics she enjoys? (or endured a shopping session of 3 hours with somewhat of a smile, or planned out the future and discussed the plans (women like to feel save in that way) ). You know what: Try this: 2 months (the Pyra wont be out until then) spend some quality time on her (mentally/physically). See if that works. Otoh, she could be an airhead non technical, not interested in technical stuff (because, that is what YOU are for) and be a good person you will have to accept as-is. And accept that role as the techie and you can always post on this forum if you need to discuss a matter. We will be here. And if you have a good tech idea, we will go ape-shit and share they joy.

[QUOTE="FBnil, post: 1404427, member: 60941]On a serious note: It means it's a bit over her head.[/QUOTE]

That's quite an assumption. "Not quite her cup of tea" would probably be a more fitting description.

[QUOTE="FBnil, post: 1404427, member: 60941]Instead, she plays it save (everybody loves cats, right?)[/QUOTE]

Again, an assumption based on a single, admittedly trite example. Us humans excel at making mental projections based on exceptionally specific, yet often misguided extrapolations of minutiae observations. It can really seem convincing when one is pondering it as an observer, but how much more does it say about the individual positing such assumptions than it does the individual they are questioning?

[QUOTE="FBnil, post: 1404427, member: 60941]planned out the future and discussed the plans (women like to feel save in that way)[/QUOTE]

With "women like to feel save[sic]", you're speaking about women as though they are all the same, and different from us 'guys'; perhaps like pet cats or dogs. My wife is not just a 'wife', but also my best friend, and my soul mate. The yin to my yang, or the spiritual to my, exasperating, logic.

Do you feel we need more suchlike discussions? Perhaps.

All being said, there may be some grain of truth in what you say. It's easy to take for granted what always seems to be there, just like one assumes that one breath will be followed by a second, and a third... Good friendships are a thing that should never be taken for granted. Like a single, delicate flame (not really the best example...), it often takes hard work, care, patience, acceptance and understanding to nurture and protect it. Look away for too long and it may be gone in a sigh and a wisp of smoke.

You might want to teach it to read first.

I hope you're not assuming that it can't read just because of what it is, that sounds like ableism to me.

@Uncle Jack @kuru @rygD All of you somehow trigger my Aspergers radar. Have you looked into that?

Yep. In my case I know full well how to be sociable, I just don't bother very often because I can't see any benefit to it. Also I could probably do with a bit more focus in my interests because they seem to change far more rapidly than they should do.

or to expect to talk to @UncleJack about non-profound topics

You'll have to take a ticket and wait your turn. :)

Last edited:
would probably be a more fitting description
Ah, yes, that is a better description. My apologies. I did not intend to offend. It has more to do with priorities.
wife is not just a 'wife', but also my best friend, and my soul mate
:) From the text I understand you know how lucky you are. Keep on nurturing and protecting. And a big hug to her.

You'll have to take a ticket and wait your turn
iu

*grabs ticket*... sigh... hopefully before the magma waves hit. Bug out location US: Ozarks.

you know how lucky you are. Keep on nurturing and protecting

Thank you good sir, much appreciated. I am indeed lucky: it's something I ended up never expecting from life, and still it eludes me how I ever could have been worthy of it.

It does remind me to never rule out the unexpected, however obtuse or absurd it may seem, until it actually happens.

I hope you're not assuming that it can't read just because of what it is, that sounds like ableism to me.
Nope. I am assuming it can't read because it didn't try to read your pamphlet, and instead took food from a strange human (sounds like someone is enabling it), and ate it right away. But squirrels don't read, good point.

It's that one even alive? And the arms of the glasses...

I think I am done trying to help dos that are out roaming alone. I saw one yesterday next to a street I was driving on that had a cigar collar and tags. I was on the down slope of a steep hill with cars coming up behind me, so I allowed down so the passenger could hop out, but they refused unless I stopped. I pulled onto a side street and got out to go find the dog, even walking up the hill a bit with no sign of it that I could sense. I didn't see it in the woods, in the pond, or near anyone's house. The only times I was successful at helping dogs that were out on their own I ended up with new dogs living at my house since we couldn't find the owners, and no one knew anything about them. I usually just waste my time and irritate people (diving weird, running around in and across streets or around people's houses, questioning people I see in the area).

Proof that the printing press has been good for so many. ED needs to consider making a smaller version of the Pyra (Petite Pyra?) for our friends that might find the normal size too large to move on their own.

Exactly. Sometimes these devices get too tiny to be "usable". We're on the verge of that with the Pyra and Pandora. I use my 1GHz Pandora for specific reasons, but not most. I'm not insane.

We're talking squirrels here, not making an argument.

Not buying it. You responded to @rygD's post. NOT the other ones yesterday or days ago. You responded to the one before you....as you should....and you responded exactly like you should.

I've never had a pet squirrel, but I've had a pet mouse.
[doublepost=1485334863,1485334730][/doublepost]It's okay, Kuru, I didn't even know that you were raised by squirrels.

I know people other than me, Uncle Jack, and kuru care about squirrels (and our other animal cousins). Surely literate squirrels would enjoy a Pyra.

It turns out that expressing concern for a loved ones health can be interpreted as criticism. I get that I am not good at such things, but it really hurts when seeing someone that is good at putting things gently get a wholly negative response to such an expression. I am keeping it vague to protect the identities of those involved, and to keep the health concern private (it is no one any of you know personally). Is there a good way to handle things like that?

I'm sure in TIME that these things will get ironed out. Just keep talking and laughing. Nothing is off of the table with friends or ex-friends. We ALL come back into the fold if given enough time and reason.
[doublepost=1485336785,1485336344][/doublepost]I finally got someone to officially ignore me. I belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back