The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your situation on the other hand doesn't seem like the most fun thing in the world (to put it mildly).
No it isn't only a small handfull of the past lives are peaceful.
The main ones who are remotely "peaceful" are in order of peacefulness are.

Victor and Maria early 1600's Scotland, Victor drowned in a lake by his families estate.
Claude and Marie Between 1800-1840 France. Artists
Kerrigan and Violet 1946-198? Homeless. USA.
Alisa and Icarus. Mid 1600's Scotland. Barley farmer.
Varu and Ayna. Ancient Iceland.

Mildly peaceful.
Derrick and Anika 1690-1712. Sweden... Mostly. Derrick was a pirate. Derrick died during a Spanish ambush in a storm.
Bjorne and Svanhilda, Vikings.. Died in the area west of Vinland in the captured, or surrounded seas.
Xarus and Liz. Australian Convicts. Left to die in the outback: flourished.

There's many more but it's difficult to type on this iPhone. It takes me over thirty minutes fighting the autocorrect on average to make a post here it seems! :(

I thought helping people was the whole point of this thread?
Sometimes the help you decide to give lands you in trouble, even though from your perspective - it seemed appropriate and asked for

It's an interesting universe, where often being right and doing 'right'... Turns out to be wrong.

Happens quite a lot actually.

Yes it does, and this seems to be the appropriate place to discuss it.

Twice recently I was doing something for someone, once was explicitly what they had asked me to do about 2 minutes prior, and both times they became upset with me. The last one was me taking somewhere to check on something.

I probably have thousands of similar examples, including some that include police involvement.

On a happier note, I played with someone's puppy yesterday when I was at a pet store. The puppy was getting excited and kept trying to meet new humans while they were walking around with no success, so I asked if I could pet her, and then she crawled up on me and put her head on my shoulder. I was there looking at sweaters/sweatshirts/jackets for one of my dogs that doesn't have a thick coat, since it has been coldish here lately. I got him a blue wind and water resistant jacket with a fleece liner, both with reflective stripes on them. He has been wearing the fleece part since I brought it home last night, and he seems to enjoy wearing it.

My mother used to make fleece jackets for dogs on her treadle sewing machine people loved them so much the demand made her stop. I think she should have continued with it personally :p

In my currently inebriated state I remembered information of which my dear fiancée divulged to me about a book I was searching for. I found it exactly where she claimed it to be.

It's a violin learning book from 1892 (Written in German and English. I know one of the notes is different due to that.) and it has the best fingerboard scale chart I have seen. I am not sure if attempting to practice the instrument in my current state is advisable. Considering I downed a half of an inch of aged rum; But, nonetheless I will be taking Klumpen's advise to heart and pick up the fiddle and see what I can do.

Today was a horribleness long and painful day at work. rygD's story about the puppy put a smile on my face. This is why I come here. You maniacs make me feel joy.

Ps. I have included a picture of the fingering chart for those curious. It also shows the notes on sheet music which is amazingly helpful.
To think I only purchased this book for
A measely ten usd shipped to my door!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    593.3 KB · Views: 162
Happens quite a lot actually.

So I've noticed. :(

In other news, I have a big decision to make on June 16th 2017, it's about whether I remain a member of the forum or not.
I'm unlikely to buy a Pyra because I can't afford to spend several hundred pounds on something that won't get used to its full potential. I already feel like a spare part and that feeling is only going to increase when the Pyra is released.
Also the fun has gone out of the place for me. I don't keep coming back because I want to, I keep coming back because my OCD compels me to.
As for why I picked the 16th June 2017, I thought I should at least try and make it to ten years when I'm as close as I am to that particular milestone.

I'm sorry to hear that. Then again I've taken a hiatus from this place a few times. One of them after I left with a fear of getting banned. And the other time after getting overwhelmed with the keyboard wars that were going on here.

I love this place and a few people here, but at times I haven't felt as welcomed as I have on other forums. Some members here do seem to be, or at least in my interpretation of thier messages haunty and often times condescending. Maybe it's psychological projection, maybe they're higher level geniuses whose social etiquette is lack luster. Or maybe it's just me. My mentality, psyche, and political ideologies do seem to clash quite a bit here.

I know exactly how uncle jack feels. It has lost its fun. That's why I'm really only here because I have nothing to add to the rest of the forum. The offtopic section is my home because I do not seem to be on topic.

Damn inebriated me types better and can think better then non inebriated me. :S

Forgot to add that being here is negatively affecting my mental/physical health. When I post something my anxiety level shoots up which leads to me not sleeping, and me being tired means that I'm much more likely to suffer from a depressive episode, my immune system is affected by all of this so I end up getting ill more easily. As an example, I haven't been sleeping properly for about a week now, me trying to fit food in the freezer yesterday set off a depressive episode and I've currently got an ear infection (It didn't even come gift wrapped :().

Damn inebriated me types better and can think better then non inebriated me. :S
I can relate to that, it usually means there's always too much on one's mind at the same time and it needs a break.
Hopefully your music helps in the long run.

Could you make a proper scan of the fingering chart shown above?
It's really useful and I'd like to print it and put it into my violin cases.
Have you tried the fretters yet? Mine's working well.

I can relate to that, it usually means there's always too much on one's mind at the same time and it needs a break.
Hopefully your music helps in the long run.

Could you make a proper scan of the fingering chart shown above?
It's really useful and I'd like to print it and put it into my violin cases.
Have you tried the fretters yet? Mine's working well.
I do not have the money to purchase a set.

However I have been practicing with the fingering chart and a tuner to get an idea of where the notes are. The antique book is very nice.

You are right my mind is clouded heavily. A career path I do not like. Debt and a fiancée who has been having existential crisises frequently. It's absurdly tough.

Also my jobs require a lot of physical labor and standing for most of 8 hours straight. I am always in pain by the end of the week and my family seems to think the my pain matters not and weekends are physical labor time for them.

So for three week ends straigh I haven't. I have not had proper rest. Last week I went 6 days straight over the week end frequently doing stuff non stop, and having my bank account drop to -38.50.

Yeah it's amazing I can function. I took the inch of rum because I was in so much pain I was limping, it really did help. However some of my family got irritated at me since me being drunk meant I couldn't comply with thier plans they never informed me of prior.

I hate venting. I detest it but I have no where else to really go. I feel like a failure and my mother is constantly bad mouthing me to my fiancée. However she points out things to them which I say for months and magically it clicks.

Yeah I've been stressed. At least I was able to get back into writing again.

Tomorrow I can see about scanning it for you!

Last edited:
I do not have the money to purchase a set.

However I have been practicing with the fingering chart and a tuner to get an idea of where the notes are. The antique book is very nice.

You are right my mind is clouded heavily. A career path I do not like. Debt and a fiancée who has been having existential crisises frequently. It's absurdly tough.

Also my jobs require a lot of physical labor and standing for most of 8 hours straight. I am always in pain by the end of the week and my family seems to think the my pain matters not and weekends are physical labor time for them.

So for three week ends straigh I haven't. I have not had proper rest. Last week I went 6 days straight over the week end frequently doing stuff non stop, and having my bank account drop to -38.50.

Yeah it's amazing I can function. I took the inch of rum because I was in so much pain I was limping, it really did help. However some of my family got irritated at me since me being drunk meant I couldn't comply with thier plans they never informed me of prior.

I hate venting. I detest it but I have no where else to really go. I feel like a failure and my mother is constantly bad mouthing me to my fiancée. However she points out things to them which I say for months and magically it clicks.

Yeah I've been stressed. At least I was able to get back into writing again.
Your family obviously hasn't adapted its expectations and demands to your increased workload yet, maybe they need a good reminder, probably from outside since they don't seem to believe you?
As a woodworker I know the toll taken on one's body after constant use for many hours per day, my shoulders are killing me since Friday.
Do you have sufficient breaks at work? Over here a 30min break somewhere in a 6-9h shift and a 60min break in a shift of over 9 hours is mandatory and has to be respected by the employer as well as the employed since work safety and no permanent damage can't be guaranteed anymore otherwise in the long run.
At least the physical stress doesn't seem to have affected your art (yet), the mental stress caused by a lack of understanding by your family and especcially fiancée might, maybe a convincing talk is possible somehow, the alternative would present itself automatically by breaking down in front of them but this should be avoided.

Tomorrow I can see about scanning it for you!
I'd appreciate that. :)

Last edited:
My fiancée honestly has been a positive thing in my life. However the physical pain hasn't been. I was forced into a blue collar career path which hasn't been positive. I weigh 140 pounds and due to a high metabolism it is difficult for me to gain weight.

My family doesn't think highly of me even as a child I felt as if I never had a family. I realized this as I began writing considering how often I seem to have main characters with dysfunctional or non existent families.

My work itself isn't the issue. It's my bleedin' families expectations. There's a lot of being a man = doing what needs to be done which really equates to self mulating your self over chores until the point where physical injury is bound to occur with long term effects guaranteed.

My father already suffering from pain from a car accident has blown out a bicep,had his back give out four times, pulled two ligaments in his arm and is completely destroying his body in order to save a couple of cents on his heating bill.

Mind you we are not poor. My father makes 100k which is why my schooling choices in the United States were limited to a giant middle finger. Instead my family values money over everything else

So in all reality they love to beat me down for rent money. And at one point was taking 80% of my pay check. No I can not move out. Price of rent where I live is absurd.

So I've actually been in physical agony pleading to stop because I know my limits. And my family just pushes me harder.. Then is surprised when I get physically ill after I crash like the Hindenburg.

My relationship with my family is sketchy at best. My fiancée's family actually gave me a great Christmas this year so that was a positive thing.

I do not know. My dream is to be a published author yet I have no idea who to even approach with my book. ( I have a novel finished.) And my style of writing and lore craft making are very... Different.

"love well, dream big, shoot for the stars, but for God's sake get a normal job." -- everyone in the generation above me. they may not say it exactly like that, but that seems to be the foundation of how they act... i don't want to grow up in their world, though the one we'll create won't be perfect either.

i'm a stay-at-home dad with some software projects on the side, some of which make money, others are open-source with a "let's make a better world together" philosophy. my wife has a good job and allows me to pursue these dreams of mine :). i probably don't tell her enough she's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back