The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple spiders (or maybe their offspring) I have been trying to help out for a few years. They are tiny. When other ones catch me off guard, usually with webs, I make odd sounds, run around in stupid ways, and sometimes smack myself and try to rip off my garments. I openly admit that fear and try to face it head on, even bringing the tiny ones inside when it gets cold, and it has not diminished my feelings or reaction. I get the same anxiety stuff with the itsy bitsy spiders as I do other ones, only to a lesser degree, likely due to familiarity. I know this probably isn't the kind of thing you meant.

Funnily enough that was exactly what I didn't have in my head when I wrote it.

I like spiders. They have a natural tenacity to cling to the most absurd and impractical situations. And they don't care if you're laughing at them as they do so.

a brief summary of some high points in the preceding?

love people, they'll hurt you, but it's good to talk through expectations and root fears (especially with a spouse).

doesn't mean we have to trust people, but if we hold onto hate/grudges, we won't be able to move forward. (giving/receiving forgiveness is liberating.)

we're all dying for the sins of the world... (well, specifically, the people in the world, including ourselves.)

also, my 21-month-old son loves to brush his teeth, so my wife just called him in to change him by offering that carrot...

78253_1uCf4aSQ.jpg

I don't think you'd want to bring me to campfire to tell stories. There's twenty two of us in various forms of messed up in this head. Granted many do love talking about their experiences in the pasts they lived in.o_O

I don't like humans... If I find out you're not really a cute kitten in real life... there's going to be problems. ;)
While I'm among the first to call myself a misanthrope there still are people I like to be around. A miniscule amount indeed, but it's measurable. By finger metrics, as seen above.
You're running a shop, right? Isn't that one of the worst occupations considering your attitude? Not judging here, just trying to fathom.

While I'm among the first to call myself a misanthrope there still are people I like to be around. A miniscule amount indeed, but it's measurable. By finger metrics, as seen above.
You're running a shop, right? Isn't that one of the worst occupations considering your attitude? Not judging here, just trying to fathom.
I make fairy dresses and rainbow dancing ribbons for Children, which by and large is the segment of humanity which I am happy to put my energy into bringing joy and encouraging innocence and playful creativity.

Unfortunately. .. its the adults that have the money... so my job doesn't bring me the joy I would like it to.
I have shop assistants that sit in the shop and sell for me most of the time.

It is my dream to recluse myself in a woodland cabin writing and illustrating children's books all about my adorable furry fae kindred... so I can be away with the fairies 98% of the time... Ideally I will have a sympathetic agent to market my books for me... because I don't actually like selling things.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

UJ: *Imagines if there were 22 Lady Ms*

X2604-S-20.png

LM: :mad:
There's twenty two in my fiancée's head too. Some of us are still being nagged about crap we did over a century ago.

My fiancée forced a guitar lesson upon me. The results were less then impressive and of course it irritates her.
At least that's the cherry of this awful day. I regret leaving the bed.

Last edited:
And if they would all just stop for a while, just be calm and face themselves as well as really listen to others instead of using more and more permanent distractions that are disturbing others further, this world could be a really great place.
Even a single week of mandatory meditation and reflection could change most things dramatically.

Some of us are still being nagged about crap we did over a century ago.

UJ: Same here, my brain just won't let things rest.

I regret leaving the bed.

UJ: My current method of stress relief: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMBYlcH3smRzXGvi1NxF4qIXOWh9R_qbw

^ Wot... you telling me she's jealous of herself?

LM: My Mr was insinuating that 22 of me wouldn't be a good thing, so I showed him my best grumpy face.

Last edited:
Lol, granted some of do have reasons to get nagged at. Granted most of the horrible ones are buried so to speak.

I had a list of them all back it was ten or twelve it was easy to keep tabs on them. Now it's all confusion and chaos.

The one in particular who is yelled is a Grant Johnson who was a successful business man however a husband he wasn't. Also sevre alcoholic. We more worried with him around booze then the pirate.

get nagged at.

LM: I don't nag, I just make polite suggestions. :p

UJ: I'm lucky in that things between me and Lady M go pretty smoothly, she does have her moments but that's because I have a tendency to spoil her.
Your situation on the other hand doesn't seem like the most fun thing in the world (to put it mildly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back