The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found today a guy laying next to sleeping bag, but he was not in it. He was not responding my calls for 5 minutes. I walked next to him (1 meter distance) but I was to scared too touch him. It was freezing cold and I was thinking he won't survive the night. I was not sure if he was alive.

I called the ambulance who brought some cops. I had to lead them to him. Maybe I saved his live. But he had brown skin and maybe he was a refugee. Germany is pretty cruel to refugees and I was injured on a police station myself. A black man was chained to a bed and burned (alive?) in a police cell. I hoped the ambulance won't bring the cops. But they did.

He was alive, probably drunk and sayed "I have no work all the time". I stayed there for some time, they found other people in a car, probably from the dialog his parents. One guy had a portugisian passporte. The ambulance team asked why he had to sleep outside the car. I hope I did nothing wrong and he has a warm place to stay now. And he won't get hurt or deported. Man this sucks... maybe I should have tried to wake him and take him home... but not sure my mom is living with me... realy bad situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my limited experience, if you try to help people out to that degree, they may take advantage of you. Better to give money to homeless charities, or if you really want to do something then volunteer at a soup kitchen or something like that.

I was injured on a police station myself. A black man was chained to a bed and burned (alive?) in a police cell.
Where did you get this story?

Did it happen when you were at the police station and if yes: Have you told some journalists about it?

Not that I couldn't imagine a thing like this from police, cruel assholes seem to be recruited preferable here in the big cities

and I never seen one of them actually help anyone with anything but rather beat the shit out of people or chasing pedestrians on demonstrations with their cars.

@rohezal: I think you did the right thing. If he was injured in anyway and you had moved him, it might have made it worse. Also, as it was cold and he was outside the sleeping bag he might have needed the ambulance anyhow. I'm sure he will be fine and the professionals will help.The hospital won't let any harm come to him. Please don't worry. The fact that you took the time to care about a stranger and help him, says alot about you as a person. You should be proud of yourself for being such a good kindhearted person *huggles *

Where did you get this story?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Oury_Jalloh

Since you are german:

http://initiativeouryjalloh.wordpress.com/

Did it happen when you were at the police station
No it was a different police station in an other city. But they made the mistake to jail a french national winner in climbing and doing illegal stuff to her. Amnesty International talked to me about the case and I talked to a local independent newspaper about it.

Not that I couldn't imagine a thing like this from police
Amnesty International has collected a few example case for Germany:

http://www.amnestypolizei.de/sites/default/files/imce/pfds/Polizeibericht-internet.pdf

The hospital won't let any harm come to him. Please don't worry.
I hope you are right, but this isn't how it works in Germany. Often the ambulance call the cops when they detect a refugee and they will get him and put him into jail to deport him to a country where he is "maybe is from". Like Lybia, Afghanistan, Syria or Iran. If they don't know the country, they often get an ambassador of a foreign country like Niger, pay him some money and the ambassador will say "hey his kind of language and accent is like ours. Here is a passport for him. Just move him to our worn torn country".  And often this people commit suicide in their cell. Hope this just were people from Spain / Portugal since they are EU citizen and have some more right in Germany.

The sad thing about it is we wanted to save them, but when we cleaned the garage we found there food source and removed it. Then one night they invaded us looking for food... they were just babies. Luckly we were able to catch a few of them and let them go.. But there were to many and I had to result to force on a few. I am still quite sad about the whole ordeal... I should have been more patient.

I was really just mad at myself because my wife traps were better then mine.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rlMaynsTmts?feature=oembed

I like how at the end it tells you about the life expectancy of mice..while infront of a rat...

But cute rattigans anyhow and nice vid :) .

Taking a city-mouse/rat to the countryside is largely the same as feeding live defenseless pray to predators.

Maybe it will just starve?

And i dont think the city kind is very healty to eat for owls for example

Im going to be wary of mice in toilet-paper rolls now.

A short distance from where I live there is a longish path running through the countryside.

It is heavily used by commuters, dog-walkers, cyclists etc, and there are various trees, bushes and hedges along its length.

When I was cycling along it this morning I saw that one of the small fir trees had been hung with tinsel, baubles and a star.

Faith in humanity: Restored :)

I just thought I'd share that I'm having a sad time atm. This is the first Yule I am actually not looking forward to. And as for the New Year, I feel it's going to end and a new year begin, on a very sad note. I wish it would all just hurry up and pass without me knowing. I miss my best friend/partner but at the same time I'm angry with him for me feeling down. I've been feeling a bit. .quiet and reclusive too. Meh. Some people have reminded me that I haven't shared yet, so here it is.

However, on a happier note:

Miss Chinchilla (aka Tallulah aka Chillachilla) is doing well. She is trusting me much more and letting me cuddle her now. She also likes to explore..and is just a teeeensy bit mischievous :p

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it, Lolla.  Must say I've been kind of reclusive myself recently, not sure if it's depression kicking in or not.  I'm hoping seeing family at Christmas will bump me out of this mood anyway.

@Levi: I'm ever so sorry that you're feeling this way too :( . Perhaps it is indeed depression...in regards to both of us. I know it's not much, but for what it's worth, I do hope that you feel better soon, and that the yuletide spirit with your family and loved ones help. *big huggles to you*

yuletide season makes me depressed, angry at hearing all the xmas songs, and wanting to go on a murder spree when i see all the jolly people

In case it cheers anyone up, here's the story behind my Christmas avatar:

Code:
/* The Computer’s First Christmas Card 
   By Edwin Morgan (1968) */

jollymerry
hollyberry
jollyberry
merryholly
happyholly
jollyjelly
jellybelly
bellymerry
hollyheppy
jollyMerry
marryJerry
merryHarry
hoppyBarry
heppyJarry
bobbyheppy
berryjorry
jorryjolly
moppyjelly
Mullymerry
Jerryjolly
bellyboppy
jorryhoppy
hollymoppy
Barrymerry
Jarryhappy
happyboppy
boppyjolly
jollymerry
merrymerry
merrymerry
merryChris
ammerryasa
Chrismerry
asMERRYCHR
YSANTHEMUM

I hope your spirits are lifted too guys, lolla and Levi, it'll sadden me to think you're not.

I normally treat the holiday like normal days just with a bit more drinking than usual, this year though I'm proactively jollying up the occasion and just came back from a trip to homebase where I got myself an ultra tacky white-tinsel-xmas-tree, under a tenner too as was the display model.

Visit fam or friends and enjoy yourselves.

Forget the rubbish things for a few days, and the rubbish people who get you down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back