The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh... bring the noise?
My cousin does noise, but he takes random samples and at least moves some dials to add reverb and echo, repeat, while another short sample plays in the background...

uhh... bring the noise?
My cousin does noise, but he takes random samples and at least moves some dials to add reverb and echo, repeat, while another short sample plays in the background...
The Vomir shows seem sometimes more performance art than what is seen there, from what I can tell. I will link another video in the music thread showing what I mean. I know some people that do noise, and have messed around with it myself a bit. Some of the ambient industrial stuff I do doesn't have the things Klumpen mentioned, but that is the stuff I enjoy making the most.

Last edited:
Eh, Hey everyone

Today I quitted my lame ass job I got 2 weeks ago working at a telecomunications team selling Internet, phone and Tv packages door to door.
I am kinda sad for doing that but also glad, because it was a job where I wasnt good at and we had to sell a determined number of packages per month and it was really hard to me.
They even required me to work untill midnight everyday even during the weekends!
The main problem they would onlly pay me 250 bucks this month after a whole month without having almost any sleep, free time with my familly and having to pay every meal and calls I had to make to my team.

Okay, enaught of my ramblings, Im going through a weird time without knowing what to expect or do after this crap happened to me...
Im just speaking my mind right now, but I also want to remind those that gave me good tips, that their great feedback was a good heads up to me.

For now I'll try to forget these past 2 weeks and hopefully move on to better things :\

You lasted longer than I would have, I did door to door selling once and walked off the job after only 1 day.

Fingers crossed you find something more suitable.

I've walked from jobs after the first day, one of them was door to door selling security alarms.
Another even during the first day, as I got taken down the police station and held for a couple hours after we got spotted looking bait selling speakers from a van :)
Wouldn't worry about it mate, move onto the next one eh, hopefully find something you're more suited to.
I think it's best to get out rather than stuck in the job if it's lame, as you say, better things will surely come soon enough

I did the same but selling packages for Foxtel (PayTV Service here).. Hated it, the boss treated us like minions and yeah..

I slacked off a bit, because it was the worst. Best thing I did was quit.

Guys, Im back, it is kinda of a bummer to see me coming back here so often, but It has been a wicked year so far (not really on the good side, but there is some of it) and I just feel like leaving some rants and an overview of how this year has been for me, plus some reflection about it and insight.

So in the beginning of 2016 I made my plans more than clear:
- to stop putting filth in my body (wich I acomplished);
- to start doing something that gives me complacent (been learning to play acoustic guitar but due to a lot of stuff happening I havent had time to dedicate myself to it like I should, so I dont have enaught knowledge to write anything proper, like I wanted to, and Im very limited...);
- to get a job (the job market nowadays is an absolute joke, my country wich is Portugal makes part of the free market and what is happening is that the salary is so low and the search for a job is so huge due to the recent brazilian crisis (and the refugees but in a slower scale, for now, but those bastards will surelly come) and everyone has been spamming our enterprises like crazy. I putted so much effort into being part of something but everywhere I went to I either worked to "warm up" without getting paid and got fired quickly like when I worked in a sushi bar for a whole afternoon and night, or got people that said they'd give me work (not a job, just paid work) and havent contacted me yet, and also the telecomunications fiasco..... It's been crazy and the search for a job or even work was a dead end, but it also enlightened me in some ways and I'll talk about it soon);
- to meet people with similar interests, (I met lots of people this year, but none shared much in comon with me, and no one found me worthy enaught to want to be a bit part in my life, a litle more than cameo so to speak...);
- to get into university (it didnt happen)

What obviously happened was nothing went like I expected and nothing went like I wanted it to happen, but I started to really think about it and have a ton of self reflection.

So what I aimed and what I am aiming right now is to build the roots to becoming self suficient, no one is gonna give me a proper job so I can buy a piece of land in countryside and try to live a simple and happy life. All-in-alI I might as well do what I do best, to look after myself alone as I always did, and what I've done so far is a website for my freelance multimedia work on wix.com (I've putted it online, and I'm already facing the first dificulty of it, wich is: I dont just have to pay for using the sevice monthly, as I also have to pay for a web adress montly... jesus now I get it why people make websites from scratch, and that is another plan Im going for, I'll talk about it later).
I also enrolled on a free multimedia CET course (Technologic Degree) wich gives me the equivalent of a bachelor degree, what I hope to acomplish with that course is to get better at what I do and get more knowledge on how to build a proper website!

2 days ago I got enlightened,the providence gave me the best idea I ever had to look after myself without needing a job.
I have great plans to make a website that can attract people for good reasons, I aim to make a website that instead of promoting stupidity like "9GAG" for example I want to make a website with a similar scope but more like a blog that helps people, by giving them a repo of usefull tips, promoting good values and overall make a portal for positive propaganda not to remove the beautifull dignity of living but to make it more complete by using the internet for something that can help instead of addicting people in useless consumerist shit, I dont know how making money with websites works just by having user flow on it, but I'll have to figure it out. I have my idea very well defined but I wont explicitly explain it for good reasons heh :p

So I finally got a plan now, I want to make my freelance website get exposed, I also want to make a positive website that gives me enaught money to buy a piece of land and give me the possibilities to find a good traditional wife in Portugal and try to be happy, and I want to get done with my course as soon as I can (it will take me 1 year and a half). Europe is literally a shadow of what it once was and the economic crisis of 2008 is just a smell of what is going to come, the clock is ticking and Im finally feeling the pressure of what it means to leave the rat race, I want to make this work, I want to be abble to reach these goals no matter at what cost, I've been kicked around for so long but I'll always fight back, thats what this year has teached me.

Okay Im done with this long ass rambling text...

Best luck to you but I must warn you: by reading your message I have no idea how you plan to make money with your website.

Even if you do manage to attract audiance to your site by talking against consumerism, how do you plan to make money ? Nasty ads would go against what you preach.

I do plan to sell some of my merchandising, music, magazine, books, tshirts anything that can compliment the message of my website and have some sort of way to publish online I'll make it avaiable, also donations would play a major role in it. During the time I want the website to get a following and make the most important part of the pofit , if possible I can make the adds optional and onlly show them if the user agrees to see them.

About more ways to make money on the website... I still got to think about it, and need to get better informed, I have a long way to learn how that kind of stuff works, and a long way to know how to make a beautifully crafted website by scratch.

Last edited:
@LuSimon: Another idea is making a youtube channel and make interesting content. So if you know music, teach others how to play or demo it. If you like $VAR review it. You can review almost everything. From shoes to makeup to parks and toys... just find a niche that is not used too much, learn to edit a video, and you can roll...

You can grab a hype, like Pokemon Go and make a channel where you give tips on how to catch them, and which ones are in your area... and add small variations, like one video, you only travel by pogo stick... or walking backwards... just... different...

You can also do gross stuff, like grabbing a fart from someone else in a plastic bag and then stick your head in the bag and smell it. Then, give it a score, using words like spiciness, etc. Always good clickbait.

Or stupid stuff, like taking a few matchbox toys, dipping them in cologne/terpentine, lit them on fire and make them crash into each other, flames will splash. (takes more than a few camera's). You can also just drill holes in fruit and explode them.. or just use rubber bands...

For the park idea, just visit a park, give some technical details about the quietness, amount of space, places to sit, drink, eat. And do something different, for example, leave a white pebble in each park you have visited. Or a small flag with your logo. For extra nerdiness, always at the geometrical center-point of the park... even if hard to reach.... then challenge viewers to find this (hard to find) token... and congratulate them in the next video for finding it, if they send you a picture with the token found...

Just for giggles, search these ones up:

dance with your fingers:

move your fingers:

just a shoe review (*even from walmart)

Even a kid can make a show about eating candy (I bet there is Portuguese candy nobody has heared of, describe the taste, compare the size of an international mars or twix or stuff like that):

Everybody can eat ramen (for example, which ramen cooks faster from different versions, and then after 5 videos make a video that compares them):

Everybody can explode fruit with some leftover new year chinese crackers....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeOdbJG33Q0

... or use rubber bands... (watch the exploding jackfruit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moquK6BpA6Y

or blindfold a friend and smell stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjC7J3vErw

If you have an opinion, but can bring it comically (annoying orange comes to mind...):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vxp_Lj2b-E

and keep the videos coming, once you start, you need to keep churning them out, this will make them come back. And you can monetize it.

You see, it doesn't have to be "good", it just needs to entertain, and even the most simple ideas actually have quite a few views...

Once you have a group of followers... THEN make a website and add the content and merchandise...

FBnil

That is a good idea, I'd certainly do it in a diferent way, but I can see the merit of youtube videos.
Also I've been searching a bit about the way people make websites nowadays, last time I tried to devolop something was on Adober Dreamweaver... and holly crap, a lot of people use wordpress, and from what I understood, it is free to use except for some paid templates that it offers, and you can also shape it with code, like css and HTML5 all that stuff.

If that's the case, then wordpress is the total oposite of wix.com and it is free! (unlike wix where you have to pay monthly for owning the site on wix but also pay montly for hosting in a server).

I feel dumb for using wix for my freelance website, and I dont even.... bleh

Yeah... you need good looking websites to attract people, content only does not work (except sites like http://alterslash.org/).
Just find a good wordpress blog template (and personalize it with a nice picture) and start writing articles *(but which ever topic you choose, stay on topic). If you keep changing your content, google thinks you are relevant and your ranking goes up (buddy of mine is in the 1st page of google/duckduckgo when you type in certain words... )

No.. wordpress does not work if you do not have a webpage, and the hosting is never free, check this:

https://webhostinggeeks.com/

You will need
1. a hosting provider, that has a server that is running 24/7 and has some software like wordpress
2. a DNS entry (usually optional), this way, instead of lusimon.wordpress.com you can use lusimon.com (or anything you choose, and is available). This way, you can change the hosting provider and take your fans with you...

The cheapest is 3 euro a month, but do not expect good uptimes, for 5 euro you can find good hostings.

But it seems you want to start with the free plan first (just remember they will put in ads in your page, and you will not be able to profit from those):
https://wordpress.com/#plans

so... each epic journey starts with the first step... go and make an account already...

Last edited:
For that price I'll be saving a whole lot of money in comparison to the wix platform, Im strongly considering to use wordpress, I got nothing to lose.
FBnil and benoitb, it's thanks to people like you guys that I keep visiting the forums on openpandora, these will help me to find out something good!

I really want to make this work. I'll be going to get a wordpress acount right now.

Haven't been here for ages. Having a kid is rough lol.

Our kid is pretty demanding and difficult,he is tall lean and strong but he always needs entertaining whether its reading or playing or what not. Apparently it shows signs of being smart and considering he said his first work of Mom at 5 months and has to m ypartners dismay also "Yeah" and a few others although still no dad yet though I think he might be pretty cluey. Although I can say more than that so whatevs. We have this book with flaps and he worked out how to pull the flaps out which surprised me.

Let myself slip a bit health wise and gained a few kilos but back on track again. Suppose it isn't that bad only 4 kg off my good weight range. However my strength training really suffered, I had to goto a beginner lifting program again as I just couldn't do anything. Anyways thats getting sorted pretty quickly as I am kinda back to intermediate lifts but don't have the time to go into an advanced program anymore.

Anyways kids love the little guy to death but I just don't have time to play games or anything fun. My only gaming is really done on the train to and from work.

@kasp: That's really great about your child's progress :). He definitely sounds like a very smart baby boy.

You mentioned that you don't have time to play games or do anything fun. How about including him or getting him involved in your games and fun things? Maybe you and your partner could even alternate times to look after him alone for a little while, to let each other have a little bit of your own time. I would definitely recommend the former though as he's smart and would probably be very interested in what youllike :).

Yeah well he likes looking at the screen but my partner doesn't like him doing it. So I think he has watched me play games twice in total. She thinks it is bad for development and there is some research backing that up but who knows. So playing kids toys and reading will have to be my entertainment at home for awhile (While he is awake anyway)

Can't wait for him to start moving around and exploring (In his cage/prison anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back