The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a bad innings.  Best wishes, Matzesu.

FWIW, I think the bit after the funeral ceremony is usually known in English by the slightly odd term of 'the wake'.  Looks like technically for it to be a wake the body has to have been to the funeral but not actually buried yet, if that makes any sense, but in practice, people still use that term even for just the party bit after the burial.

Hello! I had a long hiatus from this place due to many reasons in life. First I was writing for part of national writing month. I failed the goal of 50,000 word novel in a month, but I did end up with 30,000 words. Real life got in the way and family issues did rear their rather ugly head.

But, onto the positive stuff. I finally have my drivers license. It only took me to be old enough to drink to get it, (For you folks in europe it is 21 in the USA. Don't know why.. you can die in a war before you can legally have a shot of whiskey in a bar. Go figure.)

I got a job its, going well. Its paying decently and life is looking better then before. I am working full time 40 hours a week. I also notice when ever I bugger off massive development progress occurs... Hmm, Don't be grabbing the pitchfork and torch to be running me off so the Pyra is a coincidence I swear!

My fiance put up an ad on a site and as a result her watchers on said site have boomed. She has four commissions from it. So to pay for the aid is one commission, but the stastics of the ad including clicks are what are mind boggling. So she's very happy and I am very happy for her .She didn't go to college(Risky I know, but paying over 80,000 dollars for an art college wasn't worth it especially when they pull 20k fees out of the blue!) in order to pursue her art, and she's really happy to see all of the stress pay off.

I have began to handlebar my mustache which is something i have wanted to do for years. Just finally got the wax. Turns out instead of one tube of wax for 9.99$ its actually 3 tubes so I'm very pleased with my purchase. And my fiance has gotten me a very thoughtful unique gift relating to shaving. An antique rolls razor so I will be diving into that world.

Oh yes we're also looking at saving up money to buy...well mortgage a house. We're eyeballing a very old house that has been foreclosed on. I think I need to get a credit card in order to establish some credit. Life is coming back to me.. Also I am addicted to fallout 4.. I need help.

So my son is due to be born next month and I decided to clean up my life a bit.

Although I lift almost daily and I am really strong I still had a few extra kilos due to bad diet and drinking. I decided I would get in awesome shape before my son is born and cut out drinking. Week one and I have dropped 3 Kilos (6.5 pounds) My diet I didn't have to change much just not eat so much shit on the weekends (Which I am usually drunk and make terrible decisions)

Granted some of that is water weight but most of it isn't. I worked out how many calories I was consuming on the weekends drinking and it was pretty staggering. The booze alone each weekend I was having 3000-5000 calories. Then when you add the shit I ate when pissed add another 4000 calories. So mix that with the fact I am shredding so eating 1000 calories less per day than maintenance means I have an easy 10,000-12000 calorie deficit on my old diet.

Makes me wonder if I wasn't exercising every day how massive I would be? Anyway not to worry should hit my goal easily before my son is born. I am pretty fit at 90 kilos which even adjusted for water weight I should hit in 2 weeks time.

Anyways can't wait to meet my son next month.

Congrats on the start to your diet. Beware that the human body is actively aiming for homoeostasis in all things, including body weight, so in the following weeks your weight losses will probably reduce, because your body will optimise its energy use to adapt to your new diet. But likewise you probably wouldn't put on as much weight on the higher calorie diet as you might expect, as the body will just react to burn off more of those excess calories. But hopefully you're not doing this just for the kilograms of fat you can lose, but also so you can be a better father, so keep it up!

And congrats on your new son!

Thanks, it's not that massive though. The fact I am about 1/3 of the way there after a week is testimony to that.

Cutting the drinking is to be a better father. Losing the weight I guess is a purely ego thing, it's not like I am fat now my body fat percent is in the normal range but since I am a lifter I look a bit bigger since it's fat on top of muscle but even then I don't look fat. I want to reach fit level before my son is born and eventually athlete level. However honestly I think drinking alone was the reason I had the extra kilos.

@kasp: Sleep! Sleep while you can! I can not overemphasize this: Sleep now! A month after your son is born you will know know why... (don't worry, after a few months they sleep all night without having to "recharge").
As for exercise: At age 4 they will climb onto you and are heavy enough you get muscles from lifting them. At age 5 you'll be challenged to run next to him while he is on a bike... good cardio.
Write back in 2 months, I guarantee your favourite activity will be: "sleeping".
And guess what? you will be able to change diapers while half-asleep, with optimized movements.

@kasp: Sleep! Sleep while you can! I can not overemphasize this: Sleep now! A month after your son is born you will know know why... (don't worry, after a few months they sleep all night without having to "recharge").
As for exercise: At age 4 they will climb onto you and are heavy enough you get muscles from lifting them. At age 5 you'll be challenged to run next to him while he is on a bike... good cardio.
Write back in 2 months, I guarantee your favourite activity will be: "sleeping".
And guess what? you will be able to change diapers while half-asleep, with optimized movements.

Ha will do. I think I will be ok I am naturally wired to get about 5-7 hours sleep and I sleep through everything. I feel sorry for my gf who really loves her sleep and needs 8-9 hours a night. However I have noticed she has been waking up and I am having conversations with her at 5am when I get up now.

Congratulations kasp!

I stopped burning evil leaves when I had my daughter ... and since then have put on weight.
I do probably drink more too, as home in the evenings now whereas I wasn't before, so often sit in front of the telly/console.
I should work on adjusting my lifestyle, eating, drinking and sleeping habits

Hey everyone
I'm gonna get sober for a while and try to get clean for some time to focus on things that I planed to do before but never had the guts to do, like learn to play my accoustic guitar, study more and try to find a job and get into a university if everything goes well.

I wanna make 2016 a productive year, but as some of you may know learning to adapt to a new lifestyle is not easy specially for someone like me that did lots of drugs as an excuse to avoid the ugliness in the world and embrace a distorted view of a beautifull reallity.

What I mean with all of this is that I am a bit lost, and I dont have good examples of people that could give me a clear sense of direction, and I would like to get some tips from the friendly people of this forum as most people here seem to share a good insight on stuff that I certainly lack.

So please if anyone is willing to share some advice about good things I could do while sobering up and to add them in my lifestyle and to keep me ocupied in the right way, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for everyone's attention.

And sorry if I'm polluting this forum with crap about me but I really like this place more than I should in certain ways...

I wish you good luck and willpower for 2016.
Make it the year that might've been a struggle, but can be the year that you look back at from 2017, 2018... 2025, 2030 and beyond as the year that you got your life on the right track that lead you to that good place you're [will be!] at.

Some social circles may need to change, even just for a short/medium period, as can be hard keeping off things if it surrounds you eh.

Perhaps find a new hobby to get into, take up life drawing classes or something, learn a new skill to train, or join a dance club and meet some new people that might even enrich your life as much as the lifestyle change will.
If it's a hobby that works on your fitness too, you might find it easier as your body changes for the better as well as your mind.

Whatever you do, keep focused and achieve what you're reaching for.
Good luck mate, remember you have it within you to do it

This is the right place to post. May the force be with you! More than ideas... well most get their willpower strenght from something, some from religion, some from a child that is about to be born... Just know that as you change, the way you view your environment will change too. So expect to change habits, friends, etc. That is normal, but do not fear the change.

If you are american, draw strenght from the fact that this idiot Lincoln tried 10 times to be a president... what if he would have given up after 6 rejections? Or Einstein... rejected as a teacher... well, you get the idea...

I can tell you the best thing you can do for yourself is to get yourself fit and strong. Not only it makes you feel great it is a huge confidence booster and just makes your life happier.

Only takes 4-5 hours a week to do as well.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'll never be able to pay back such a heartwarming community!

Anyways, as most of you suggested engaging on some kind of activity with people passionate about what they do, would also aweken some passion in me for sure, and I never trully thought of it that way... (btw the activities that all of you sugested were great as most of them are within my reach and they are of my interest)

Untill the moment I can join an activity, first I must find a job... and I am already going in the right direction for that, as I am way better informed about how to do that than ever before.
I'm gonna go to a job center this week, and go to several places where I would like to work in stuff that I actually like, however I can onlly hope those people acept me in their job, and I gotta keep in mind that it is very probaby I'll hear lots of "no's", but I cant give up.

Still, I'm trying to make it one step at a time so I can acomplish a gain in the best way I can without getting overwhelmed.
I also should start planing my days better and try to make them have a real purpose, wich is somehing I trully lacked all those years even tho I have always had a sence of iniciative, what I lacked the most was discipline and applying that in my day to day.

I'm dealing with this all of this alone, and it has always been like that since ever for me, maybe one day love will find me in the end but it's always hard to cope with this as I've been, I've got to keep myself sane and find some joy in what I can get this year and apreciate the small things, after all a person with good itentions and interests atracts people with good itentions and interests too.

Again, thanks everyone for the priceless advice.
What I see here in this community with so much diversity and so many diferent kinds of people, it's people that give back and share. Something very lacking in most places out there.
I dont see "geeks", or "races" or whatever in this community, what I see here is people fighting for life and love in this peculiar corner of the internet.

^ I've got not much to say about the whole drug stuff, but I'll say:
Use as much of your free time as possible for making music!
Quality doesn't matter (improves automatically over time), finding people to do it together with is nice and very motivational too though.

Last edited:
^ I've got not much to say about the whole drug stuff, but I'll say:
Use as much of your free time as possible for making music!
Quality doesn't matter (improves automatically over time), finding people to do it together with is nice and very motivational too though.

I've been focusing on that a lot! I had my guitar since 2013 but never cared enaught to learn cords and I would just fidle around with it without practicing any tecnhical part of playing it. So far I can finally make the transitions between the easiest chords (D,A,E) and I'm currently training my muscle memory at the minor chords wich for me is a massive improvement over what I had ever done before with my guitar (I've acomplished all of this since the beginnings of this year).

What I needed and what I should keep in mind is the will to learn.
It would fill me with complacent if I could reach the end of this year knowing how to play songs with my acoustic guitar.

it's sooo true! music *is* the key!
always follow your heart, you make it!

-
best rSl

Greatings everyone!
For those that sugested me to keep on learning with the guitar and trying to acomplish something with it.

I really have to thank you all, today for the first time ever I played a song on my lame ass acoustic guitar wich was sweet dreams by marilyn manson, and the feeling of satisfaction from it is trully what makes you whole, it is something else it really is!

So far I havent had much luck finding a full time job but also today I finished my Portfolio after 1 whole year of devoloping it, it's now printed and it's very fancy ^^ (I do freelance work once in a while in multimedia from logos to flyers and many other things) and Im getting each step closer to achieve what I want.

I am so gratefull I rambled here, the support everyone gave means a lot to me and it's heartwarming.
Have goddamn good day all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back