The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work LuSimon, that's good going mate
Sounds to me like you unlocking achievements and leveling up :)
The complete portfolio will no doubt be a great help. It seems you are focusing which I'm glad for you, keep on keeping on and getting all these things you want to do, done

My son was born on the 6th. He had to go back to the hospital with Jaundice. He is tall and lean and freaking strong as. He was 3 weeks early and was 3.64 kilos which is pretty huge for a premmy. Due to being early and being big is why he got Jaundice.

It surprised all the nurses and doctors as he can already kinda crawl around and he can flip on his side and stomach as well as lift his head and push himself up.

We cant swaddle him because of this and he could flip on his stomach and with his arms bound not be able to pick himself up. I got a breathing monitor for him so i guess i entered paranoia mode when they told me that.

Anyway he is such a little champ and is doing great.

whoa.. lifting himself already! Bear arms! So... you are giving him vitamine D? Hopefully it will pass.. takes a week or two if it is the harmless variant.

Paranoia mode is normal for the first born....

for the first born, if a sucker (rubber thingy to suck on) falls on the ground, you wash and sterilize it before handing it back. By the third child, you just wipe it off on your jeans before handing it back...

However, note that although he is strong, the neck muscles might not be strong enough (babies break their neck very easily, just by shaking them) so please handle with care, no forcing, no bicycle ride, always support the head, etc.

Last edited:
Congratulations kasp!
Good to hear he's doing great, and he does sound a strong lad, taking after his old man eh? :)
That is very young to be holding your head up, let alone rolling over and getting yourself upright, seems he's a very fast developer .... good times!

for the first born, if a sucker (rubber thingy to suck on) falls on the ground, you wash and sterilize it before handing it back. By the third child, you just wipe it off on your jeans before handing it back...
I guess the third child will be the most robust one with an immune system like a sewer rat later. :D

I guess the third child will be the most robust one with an immune system like a sewer rat later. :D
splinter.jpg

whoa.. lifting himself already! Bear arms! So... you are giving him vitamine D? Hopefully it will pass.. takes a week or two if it is the harmless variant.

Paranoia mode is normal for the first born....

However, note that although he is strong, the neck muscles might not be strong enough (babies break their neck very easily, just by shaking them) so please handle with care, no forcing, no bicycle ride, always support the head, etc.

Yeah it's pretty crazy the nurses don't believe me until they see it for themselves. I read about it and apparently if babies are lean and a bit strong it is possible a lot lose it when they bulk up but he in bigger than 10 pounds now and is even stronger now. I think he is building his little muscles already. We struggle to burp him when he isn't keen for it now as he has learned to use both his arms and legs to spring off and fight it.

As for Vitamin D they had him attached to a drip and had some light therapy going for almost 2 days. Kinda sucked seeing him like that but it really made me feel for people who ahve children who have much more severe problems. While everything good and announcement worthy was happening to me one of my closest friends was having the exact opposite experience (Their kid didn't make it and now their relationship is over and they are both devastated) which has really made me appreciate what I have as well as feel tremendously sorry for them.

Congratulations kasp!
Good to hear he's doing great, and he does sound a strong lad, taking after his old man eh? :)
That is very young to be holding your head up, let alone rolling over and getting yourself upright, seems he's a very fast developer .... good times!

Yeah I am a bit happy about it but I am sure it will give me a headache soon enough.

Last edited:
Greatings everyone!
Last time I sayed something here, the replies I got were really heartwarming, and they were of great motivation.
Unfortunetly I havent got a job so far, but at least I got paid work and I'm about to get done with the driving code exam, and hopefully very soon my drivers license too.

Also I fondly claimed that I'm learning to play my acoustic guitar, so after 4 months of playing it I finally tried to compose something that might be considered music heh, it's nothing fancy but those were the most rewarding 41 seconds of something I've ever done before in a long time, so here it is (embrace the bad quality of the recording as lo-fi ;) ) :

I also welcome any encouragement ^^

Last edited:
Ah.. well placed fingers, rhythm (or bpm) too unconstant for my liking. But the finger/chord positioning is good (I can hear you looking for the next placement of the fingers).
I bet you have calluses now on the top of your fingers (for the beginners: The top of the fingers HURT for days )
Slow, Fast, solo, slow... not bad, not bad... maybe use a drum machine to cloth the melody... I like the first chords, well chosen, feels like a singer is going to kick in at any moment... until the fast part starts...

Ah.. well placed fingers, rhythm (or bpm) too unconstant for my liking. But the finger/chord positioning is good (I can hear you looking for the next placement of the fingers).
I bet you have calluses now on the top of your fingers (for the beginners: The top of the fingers HURT for days )
Slow, Fast, solo, slow... not bad, not bad... maybe use a drum machine to cloth the melody... I like the first chords, well chosen, feels like a singer is going to kick in at any moment... until the fast part starts...

Yep it's true I still struggle a lot with the rhythm, fortunetly my fingers no longer hurt but the first weeks were really a struggle the best I could do back then was to associate the pain with the will to learn and having progress, that was what kept me going!

About trying to fix my rhythm... Im planning on getting a metronome and obviously more training, a drum machine sounds like a great idea too. I also get carried away for some fast paced strumming when I could make something more melodic :p
Someday who knows maybe I could turn that to something good enaugh in the future.

By the way FBnil I really liked your criticism, I get the impression that if you hadn't played any instrument before at least you have really well trained ears ;)

It's good to see some progress.
About trying to fix my rhythm... Im planning on getting a metronome and obviously more training, a drum machine sounds like a great idea too. I also get carried away for some fast paced strumming when I could make something more melodic :p
Imho all the technical shenanigans aren't really neccessary if you just train yourself to always tap at least the 1 (first beat of every bar) with your foot, better even all the beats if the rhythm is simple enough. Your brain and fingers will automatically try to keep the rhythm of your foot.
Better nothing fast yet, the order in learning music as well as sports is: First do it right, then do it fast and at last do it freely (=improvisation).
Starting with waltzes and ballads is the way to go imho, you can find both in different kinds of music (folk, rock, metal, pop, electro, even hip-hop etc...) and it sounds nice without being too difficult for beginners = great for learning and having fun at the same time. You already had the right idea with your track, the fast passage is just too much at the moment (good for later).

Last edited:
It's good to see some progress.

Imho all the technical shenanigans aren't really neccessary if you just train yourself to always tap at least the 1 (first beat of every bar) with your foot, better even all the beats if the rhythm is simple enough. Your brain and fingers will automatically try to keep the rhythm of your foot.
Better nothing fast yet, the order in learning music as well as sports is: First do it right, then do it fast and at last do it freely (=improvisation).
Starting with waltzes and ballads is the way to go imho, you can find both in different kinds of music (folk, rock, metal, pop, electro, even hip-hop etc...) and it sounds nice without being too difficult for beginners = great for learning and having fun at the same time. You already had the right idea with your track, the fast passage is just too much at the moment (good for later).

I'll keep that in mind, coordinating between tapping my foot and playing is something I still struggle, it's also one more thing I havent practiced enaught, and sometimes I even screw up the rythm even more by doing that..
The same thing happens when I try to sing, it's like my fingers get a life of their own heheh.
I still got a looooong way to go, but Im still motivated to keep going, and tips from you guys are always a heads up and eye openers !

I'll keep that in mind, coordinating between tapping my foot and playing is something I still struggle, it's also one more thing I havent practiced enaught, and sometimes I even screw up the rythm even more by doing that..
The same thing happens when I try to sing, it's like my fingers get a life of their own heheh.
That's perfectly normal when you're trying to play faster than you're brain/finger conditioning allows yet, so it's actually a good way to measure how far you can go safely.
I have to remind myself of this all the time when I try to play something how I like to hear it rather than how I can really play it atm.

How am I supposed to tap my foot if there is no rhythm in my music?

I have seen people bobbing their heads or whatever to a nonexistent beat, but they always seemed quite confused to me. The same of those that "can dance to any song" when the song lacks anything to dance to.

How am I supposed to tap my foot if there is no rhythm in my music?

I have seen people bobbing their heads or whatever to a nonexistent beat, but they always seemed quite confused to me. The same of those that "can dance to any song" when the song lacks anything to dance to.

You've heard of 4/4, 3/8, 3/4, 7/8, 5/4 and all the other rhythms in existence, right? ;)
There's always a rhythm, even if it's one with alternating time signatures (like we had en masse in my old prog metal band).

Of course nothing of all this works with people that cannot count (to at least 4) or have no sense of rhythm whatsoever like some people I saw at the dancing class last month who always for some reason clapped somewhere far off the count.

Last edited:
You've heard of 4/4, 3/8, 3/4, 7/8, 5/4 and all the other rhythms in existence, right? ;)
There's always a rhythm, even if it's a free one with alternating time signatures (like we had en masse in my old prog metal band).

Of course nothing of all this works with people that cannot count (to at least 4) or have no sense of rhythm whatsoever like some people I saw at the dancing class last month who always for some reason clapped somewhere far off the count.
So, um...I should be like the audience is here?

So, um...I should be like the audience is here?
Why should you be like drunk/stoned people listening to noise and imagining their own "music" somewhere in a parallel universe?
There's neither music nor rhythm in this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back