The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know why anyone would try to bother. The only benefit of some of the ASMR videos I've seen in my days is they tend to be of a pretty girl staring at the camera and talking softly, but tingly feelings? Nah. And once you've seen one relatively pretty girl talking at you about nothing, you've seen it all, and I've never felt the need to go back.

Yeah, and it turns our that like me, you can't and you see actual reality unencumbered instead (at least in this instance). I've seen nothing to suggest it's a learnable or even particularly tunable ability, unlike lots of other things I can't presently do that I'd better spend my time trying to perfect.

I've seen nothing to suggest it's a learnable or even particularly tunable ability

I thought I'd managed to learn how yesterday, but then I realised that a certain young lady was causing the tingles because she thought it would be funny to trick me, and I started thinking if she can do it then why don't I give it a try. Though having said that she is far more accomplished at that type of thing than I am, e.g. she can make me taste and smell things that aren't there, affect my temperature perception and so on. As for me I'm at the stage of wishing I could do those things.

I wanted at first to post this in the news thread, but it's really off-topic there.

Amongst other things, waiting for the Pyra has helped me appreciate a little part of the Buddhist philosophy a little more.

Were living in a mostly consumerist world where everywhere we're encouraged to crave something that we don't yet have. Sometimes we don't even know we "need" it. It's exploitative of human nature, and feeds an addiction to that little something that will make us "happier" in the (near) future. This also means that we're rarely content in the present moment...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/200811/the-art-now-six-steps-living-in-the-moment

page45.png

The religious ceremonies described in this chapter are those not performed according to the rites of the established Protestant Churches of the United Kingdom.

The existence of these ancient Coptic glosses show the importance placed upon correct pronunciation of the Egyptian words of power, nomina magica, and god names.

I have around a dozen books in three piles, and this was less suggestive (and much easier to type) than one of the others.

Page 45 was a diagram. The only complete sentence was the chart name:

Fig 17. The resonant frequency according to the enclosure volume, cone diameter and cone mass.

It's a loudspeaker design book.

I got a tie between:

"Nevertheless, as long as the circuit contains only linear elements (resistors, capacitors, inductors), the magnitudes of the currents everywhere in the circuit are still proportional to the magnitude of the driving voltage, so we might hope to find some generalization of voltage, current, and resistance in order to rescue Ohm's law."

and

"In the case of stainless steel, it is difficult during HF induction heating to eliminate the formation of detrimental chromium and iron oxide films at the joint interface and then remove them in the squeeze rolling operation."

...are you sure this method of divination works on engineers?

If I count the sentence that continues on from page 44 that would be:
The way we determine "exact same relations" is formalized in Algorithm 3 in Section 4.1.4.

If I take the first sentence fully on page 45 then it would be:
From the list of "exact same relation" duplicates, we keep the relation that was introduced by the most recent group, or in case of a tie, the one defined in the group having the smallest lexicographical name (again, this is an implementation detail).

So...ehhh close enough :p

page45.png

The religious ceremonies described in this chapter are those not performed according to the rites of the established Protestant Churches of the United Kingdom.

Ok. My love life is:
Die Vergleichswerte gelten nur für spanende Bearbeitung.
Translated: The comparison values are only valid for (chip) machining.

0516cd05f41e2b544619592e6eacd71f71f458-wm.jpg

I don't have a book near me at the moment however I do have a random ready meal so here goes: Although every care has been taken to remove small bones, some may remain.

^That does make a bit more sense, I suppose. If I'm reading a book about something, then it's very likely that I'm considering spending more time in future working with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back