Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

I hope people who thought we were 'having a laugh' with the price and were demanding we justify it, now understand how expensive switching chips is.

This is the first time I feel we got it right and didn't shoot ourselves in the foot and underestimate costs.

Looking forward to shipping these and to you all trying them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If i may ask, how are things going with the regular pandora production?

How many units have been sent to fill new and old pre-orders so far and how many orders can be estimated to be left?

Tnx for the Updates Ed N Craig, sounds like good news, 15 out of 20 is indeed not bad, with some more fine tuning this could lead to 19 out of 20, good that things are looking up!

I am glad i was able to support this test run together with 140 others, i am looking forward to be a Pandora owner :)

I'm glad to see that good progress was made on this too. I had decided I'd probably buy an upgraded Pandora at some stage, then decided to make the plunge and go for one on this test run! Looking forward to trying it out at some stage in the near future :)

If i may ask, how are things going with the regular pandora production?

How many units have been sent to fill new and old pre-orders so far and how many orders can be estimated to be left?

The 1Ghz sales will fund the old orders. I'm trying to make it so that one 1Ghz sale almost = 1 old order shipped.

But we also have to cover repair costs on older units too, as well as on going costs, and eventually trying to claw back some initial investment.

looks like ill be getting my 1ghz pandora very soon.Sweet edit im gonna go to gamescom and bring my 1ghz pandora with me.Must inquire about time off work tomorrow.

Exactly. It wasn't until after the Berlin Wall came down & the USSR collapsed that Germany was able to legitimately end the war.

Also, as I recall, there's still some bits with Japan & Russia that still haven't been worked out to completely end the War between those 2 either.

You might enjoy this.

http://en.wikipedia....ic_irregularity
Yes, quite informative. Pity history classes where I'm from can't be bothered to teach anything like this... Or, anything for that matter.

I got a sample of the new box today, heh, I can't wait for the thread on this.

What'd ya do? Make it out of endangered teak with rosewood and mother of pearl inlays and gold plated hinges?

An encouraging update indeed! Should have my new Pandy by the time I get back from my holiday. :)

Huh... and it's only been about 20ish years since their last war with Russia ended, too. So sad.
More like 60ish. But with that sense of time, the Pandora will be there for you in a snap. ;)

Depends on where you live. I think that in parts of Europe, the peace wasn't properly ratified until -92, when the wall fell.
Exactly. It wasn't until after the Berlin Wall came down & the USSR collapsed that Germany was able to legitimately end the war.

Also, as I recall, there's still some bits with Japan & Russia that still haven't been worked out to completely end the War between those 2 either.

Well, if the subject specifically is the war Russia / Germany, it doesn't depend much on where you live ;)

Not to be a smartass, but...:

The war Russia / Germany officially ended with Germanys capitulation 1945. There is some debate weather it was 8th or 9th of may 1945, though:

http://en.wikipedia...ory_Day_(9_May)

What you might be referring to is the state of war (which is, notably, not identical with war). That was indeed continuated by the USA, to allow the US to have troops in Germany. But regarding Russia and Germany, this was also settled 1955 already.

http://en.wikipedia...ar_II_in_Europe

I therefore stand with my "60ish" in this context. Is this Pandora-relevant? Well, things take surprisingly long for obscure reasons... and: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" (Santayana). Therefore, 1Ghz Pandora: You better arrive this year!

This is fantastic news, not just because of the forward momentum but also because now we are involved with a company that believes in feedback. This is a good day in the Pandora story.

Pandora at the GamesCom

I'll have giveaways (probably T-Shirts, pens, etc.) and will be there the whole time in case you want to have some chat with me.

Woohoo, freebies! That's what conventions are for! Save me a quickstart manual, as my unit came without one. ;)

Your booth is probably the only thing at this years gamescom I'm looking forward to.

Good luck with the 1GHz machines!

what about the xray for the "bad" units?

have they had the time to do them?

I hope my unit gets repaired before the 20th, I'm itching to try out Android :)

Regardless I hope you have a refreshing holiday ED!

Back