Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

Huh... and it's only been about 20ish years since their last war with Russia ended, too. So sad.
More like 60ish. But with that sense of time, the Pandora will be there for you in a snap. ;)

Depends on where you live. I think that in parts of Europe, the peace wasn't properly ratified until -92, when the wall fell.
Exactly. It wasn't until after the Berlin Wall came down & the USSR collapsed that Germany was able to legitimately end the war.

Also, as I recall, there's still some bits with Japan & Russia that still haven't been worked out to completely end the War between those 2 either.

news please ed.

There might be no news yet today, the run did happen yesterday, which means all 80 PCB's where produced.

However they are currently being tested to see how much of those 80 are 100% working.

At earliest we will get the news tommorow.

Besides the number of succesfully produced pandora,s we will also get to know what production technique will be used from now on, for this particular pandora model.

Hopefull they will send mine straight from Germany to the Netherlands :)

If they are send to the UK first, and then to the Netherlands, my pandora would have to make longer trip then needed :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume they're all going to the UK first, are they not all being signed by Craig and ED? Also I think Craig was still only recently deciding on the new box design, surely that'll take a while to produce too? (I'm not expecting mine before August anyway, I'll be on holidays by then!)

^^^^^my orders with craig.Maybe Ed has to send it to the uk before it gets to me in ireland.Unless they get the centralised account order system craig mentioned up and running.

I assume they're all going to the UK first, are they not all being signed by Craig and ED? Also I think Craig was still only recently deciding on the new box design, surely that'll take a while to produce too? (I'm not expecting mine before August anyway, I'll be on holidays by then!)

I take it the boxes where already produced, but still had to be printed.

Craig decided past weekend which of the two proposed box designs he would use, so the boxes should be done this week.

Depending on your que number you most likely will get your pandora in July, me for sure as i am number 2 in waiting line.

Well I'm number 25, so I'm well in that early group! It'd be nice definitely to have my new Pandora, but I still have rakes of games to play on my classic model!!(god bless whdload!!)

Well I'm number 25, so I'm well in that early group! It'd be nice definitely to have my new Pandora, but I still have rakes of games to play on my classic model!!(god bless whdload!!)

Yeah i still got loads of classics too to play :)

In fact, i noticed there so much snes games still to play for me i actually bought a real snes, and order a sd2snes from Ed his shop, so i can play all those snes games on the real hardware.

All the games from other systems, i will play on the road, on the pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
12 - 15 Pandora left to Repair sounds good :)

This means, not far until i can try this Android Thing :)

Thos the 12 - 15 Units to Repair mean the new 1 ghz Units on the Testrun, or the old Units from customers??

12 - 15 Pandora left to Repair sounds good :)

This means, not far until i can try this Android Thing :)

Thos the 12 - 15 Units to Repair mean the new 1 ghz Units on the Testrun, or the old Units from customers??

Old units.

Weelll, it didn't take them until tomorrow to give me some results: I just got a phone call.

As mentioned, they tried four different methods to populate the PCBs to find the best one to work with.

One lead to 17 out of 20 non-working PCBs - so forget about that one ;)

The other ones had mixed results, but the best one has 15 fully working PCBs and 5 non-working. This might sound bad, but it's a good value to continue to work with.

Only one out of that 5 wasn't booting, so we can work with that. An X-Ray test will help them to find out what needs to be improved and worked on.

Should be some more tweaks and they're ready for mass production.

40 out of the 80 ones that are produced are working fine and I'll get them most probably next Wednesday.

Probably half of them will go to Craig and half of them to me.

I'm on holiday from July 20th till July 27th (yay, one week relaxing) but of course, during this time, GC will continue to work on the PCBs and hopefully populate a lot more.

So the remaining 1GHz preorders should get their unit until mid August :)

Back