Taking Pre-Orders For Gph Caanoo

seems legit to me (kinda like an ebay deal). once you commit to buy, you commit to buy.

I didn't post it to stir hate and it wasn't to scare customers away at all nor would I want to scare customers away.

If this was a normal item in the store and not a pre-order a refund would not be an issue nor would a restock fee be applied but this is pre-order situation and for every order that is canceled that is money I have to take out of my pocket to cover the extra stock I didn't order for the store.

I have 25 units I'm getting this order anything above that is a pre-order and if a person cancels that order that is money I didn't anticipate to spend hurts my business and if enough of them happen I'm out of business…

All this was by trying to be nice and give people the opportunity to get the Caanoo a few days and some cases hours after the release date.

As I said the likelihood of me actually charging someone the restock fee is nil to none unless a bunch of cancels of pre-orders occur at that point I would have to do it to prevent going in debt and out of business.

A restock or transaction fee is not out of the norm e-bay, pay-pal, dell, sony, and apple along with many others charge these fees. It's just as I said with this one it is a pre-order and as aesir911 said once you buy on e-bay your comitted to buy there is no difference when you are making a pre-order.

Also as jbrodack stated it's not like a date has slipped or anything for when shipment will happen along with the fact that we are so close to the actual release date of the Caanoo it's pitful.

Along with the fact I'm one of the cheapest resellers on the market so far so that tells you I'm selling the items close to my actual cost just as I do with the Dingoo because it's more about the community and supporting a great product then making a huge profit.

Ah. So by pre-order you mean that you have enough money to order 25 systems and anything more can only be paid for by the money you get from the purchase of that order. So when you increase your order size this way and you have to refund then you are buying more systems than you actually have money for?

I have a line of credit with the bank but yes anything over twenty five is those who want units above and beyond the 25 I will have for sell after the pre-order...

No I won't have stock of the Caanoo whether it be pre-order or other wise till 12th to 16th of August...

Ok down to the wire if you want to pre-order now is the time to do it the pre-order window closes 8:30PM Central time tonight.

Anything after that will be taken from our inventory till we run out and will then go back into
pre-order status for the 2nd batch which will not be out till mid to late September.

Update from Tony at GPH on the Wifi Dongle they will be shipping them on or before August 25th, 2010 what ever issue they had with production seems to be resolved and they are producing them now.

Here is the complete listing for the game pack that will be included with Caanoo + Game Pack & Caanoo + WiFi + Game Pack.

Propis

Rhythmos(10 songs)

Rotate

Patissier

Plus 15 Roms/Arcade Games:

Snow Bros2

Out Zone

Demon’s World

Truxton

Truxton 2

Wardner

Twin Cobra

Get Star

Flying Shark

Slap Fight

Hellfire

Zero Wing

Tiger Heli

Twin Hawk

Pipi & Bibi’s

Just got extension/reprieve on deadline so you have till Sunday 8/15/2010 to make your pre-order for the Caanoo as they will ship either the August 16th, 2010 or 17th, 2010 to us vendors.

I will be making payment for the last of the pre-orders that are made on evening of the 15th, 2010 at 5PM so you have till then to make a pre-order.

So if you want a Caanoo from the first batch you need to make the order now. As the 2nd batch will not be ready till late September.

Which would mean if you really want a Caanoo and don't get one with first batch you probably won't be able to buy one or receive one till first of October.

I think he means that that will ship to him on the 16 or 17th. I would imagine it will be the following week when they arrive to him and he begins to ship them out.

Whats sketchy I'm a authorized reseller and the release date for Korea is the 16th and they will ship to all resellers/vendors on the 16th when they release the console in Korea. It takes 3 to 4 days from Korea to me then I ship them out to customers nothing sketchy at all about the statement.

So I have till the 15th to get pre-orders and make a final payment on the 16th to go along with what I already have ordered so anyone who wants one can get one from the first batch.

The second batch of Caanoo's won't be ready till late September so if you don't get one from pre-order or the stock I have you will have to pre-order or buy from the second batch that is late September which would mean you would have to wait probably till first of October to own a Caanoo.

DingooDigitalUSA said:
Whats sketchy I'm a authorized reseller and the release date for Korea is the 16th and they will ship to all resellers/vendors on the 16th when they release the console in Korea. It takes 3 to 4 days from Korea to me then I ship them out to customers nothing sketchy at all about the statement.

So I have till the 15th to get pre-orders and make a final payment on the 16th to go along with what I already have ordered so anyone who wants one can get one from the first batch.

The second batch of Caanoo's won't be ready till late September so if you don't get one from pre-order or the stock I have you will have to pre-order or buy from the second batch that is late September which would mean you would have to wait probably till first of October to own a Caanoo.

So GPH are pulling a Pandora?

That's not a fantastic idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I will have 25 units beyond what is pre-ordered how quick they sell out who knows? But I do know once I sell out the next batch won't be ready till middle to end of September and to compare them to Pandora?

I mean how long did it take the Pandora to come to market almost 2 years and a couple months? As a manufacturer you can only take so much risk and manufacturer so many of a unit for first batch too make sure it will sell.

GPH is not Apple or a huge company that can afford to take a lose on refunds etc for unhappy customers...

Nova said:

They'll only be "pulling a Pandora" when they start selling them to people by email (as opposed to any other retailer on the interwebs who sells things using secure credit card or PayPal checkout) with an expected delivery date of someday. ;) [Flame-proof disclaimer: The Pandora is a sexy device -- I just chose to purchase mine on eBay, where I was protected by PayPal, and had to wait all of 1 day for it to arrive. :D]

morrissey2k7 said:
Nova said:

They'll only be "pulling a Pandora" when they start selling them to people by email (as opposed to any other retailer on the interwebs who sells things using secure credit card or PayPal checkout) with an expected delivery date of someday. ;) [Flame-proof disclaimer: The Pandora is a sexy device -- I just chose to purchase mine on eBay, where I was protected by PayPal, and had to wait all of 1 day for it to arrive. :D ]

Surely you paid way over the odds to get it on eBay?

Nova said:
Surely you paid way over the odds to get it on eBay?

Sure. But I'm just making the point that if GPH made a new handheld, and took preorders for it 2 years in advance and the only way to purchase it was through email, we wouldn't hear the end of it. Waiting one month until the next batch of Caanoos arrives is not a big deal. ;)

Wow are you serious? You purchased a Pandora on ebay? How much did you have to spend?

Enough to buy Jumpman a new ivory backscratcher. ;)

Just kidding.

It was two backscratchers.

Back