Taking Pre-Orders For Gph Caanoo

DingooDigitalUSA said:
Still have a couple days no matter what they will supply who ever pre-ordered I just won't be able to order again till I can meet MOQ of 50
i am interested in the skin case from you will i have to pay taxes i am in uk? what will be the total cost delived in uk £ if its reasonble i will order one now from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
jutley,

the rate to ship it will be the lowest which i believe is 5 to 7.12 as for taxes the value of the item is so low i doubt it

I know it's alittle pricy but lets get down too it it competes with Pandora and look how high the Pandora sells for this is about half the price...

About only thing missing from Caanoo is keyboard and that can be done virtually so it's damn close. I'm very close too my quota so if your on the fence about making an order or waiting please hurry and make your order by the 10th of August about the latest I can take a pre-order for first batch is 12th August.....

Thanks DDU, I'm gonna try to order by then. I was all set to preorder, waiting for the info from you about the game pack etc, then got hit with a $450 electric bill, damn overly hot summer! Still going to order from you though when I catch up on the money situation. :)

Alot of people these days are challenged with raise in the cost of thing the economy and well just as you said unemployeement. I'm hoping soon if I can get the store running better I can actually afford to employee a couple people to handle it so I can relax alittle instead of working a full time job and then running the webstore also... Even if it's one or two part time people hopefully it will help someone in need.

Yeah not everyone has as much disposable income these days. Mainly wanted to let you know that you weren't doing anything wrong with your store and how you're dealing with the Caanoo preorders. You have the best price and shipping for the US, you have all the bundles and accessories, you've been posting here, and got listed on fungp.com so you have my order as soon I am comfortable with spending the money. I'm sure the orders will come in more from others with a little time.

edit: not sure why part of my post was marked spam

Thanks will appreciate an order from you in the future and all the great comments from everyone here. Feel very welcomed by this forum and the GPH community. Thank you everyone for your advice and comments. If there is anything I can do or change let me know and I will do my best to accomadate if If I can....

I think the age of the average retrogamer is in their 30s, so this means they are probably married with kids. Single people like me has more disposable income and less responsibilities. I was gonna preorder then I found out none of the Wiz software works for Caanoo, so I figure I'll wait instead.

keep us posted on your situation, as in when they are shipped to you and how many you are getting. I am hoping a US distro such as yourself can make a name, so that even in this economic time, the US could have a reliable distro such as yourself for this kind of item. Have they left Korea? There really is not too much info I can find about the time frames of this one... The Wiz was also very quiet on it's arrivals, atleast for me.

I have a total of 50 ordered I need 11 more pre-ordered to meet the 50 as I'm ordering 25 for the store. The date of closing on the pre-order was the 6th but I think they say they are extending till the 08/12/2010 at that point they will ship them between the 12 and 16th of August to us resellers but this is all speculation as nothing is solid yet awaiting confirmation from Tony via e-mail along with titles of games for game pack confirmation.

From Tony Han of GPH's e-mail to me to my eyes to your eyes here is what games will come in the Gamepack version of the Caanoo:

The games that I have mentioned below are the games that will come in the Game PKG.

So Caanoo + Gamepack model will be

Caanoo and the games will be : Propis, Rhythmos, Rotate Patissier, 16 rom files

As for the date somewhere between the 12th and 16th it seems they will be mailed out to us authorized dealers....

DingooDigitalUSA said:
From Tony Han of GPH's e-mail to me to my eyes to your eyes here is what games will come in the Gamepack version of the Caanoo:

The games that I have mentioned below are the games that will come in the Game PKG.

As for the date somewhere between the 12th and 16th it seems they will be mailed out to us authorized dealers....

did Tony mention if there would still be an extra game for pre-ordering? also thanks again for the info you provided me, my girlfriend will be placing an order with you tomorrow ^_^

ganryu said:
DingooDigitalUSA said:

did Tony mention if there would still be an extra game for pre-ordering? also thanks again for the info you provided me, my girlfriend will be placing an order with you tomorrow ^_^

Nope that was the final list of games he gave me so I would guess that is what the final game pack will be

Wow wow wow thats all I can say about this. If your not sure please don't make a pre-order of the Caanoo... II have had two people make a pre-order and then less then 24 hours later demand to cancel their order and demand a refund.

All these orders once I get them and they are added to my purchase order so once I put them in they can't be taken off the purchase order.

This causes an issue for me and GPH at that point as this is the first batch there is a limited number that they will ship... So please make up your mind before you decide to make a pre-order that this is truthfully what you want.... It's money I can't afford to spend on extra units that weren't planned for originally

As this is a pre-order the orders can not be canceled or refunded... If a cancellation is given along with a refund it will be determined on a case by case basis with a minimum $25.00 to $40.00 restocking fee if the order is canceled and refunded.

DingooDigitalUSA said:
As this is a pre-order the orders can not be canceled or refunded... If a cancellation is given along with a refund it will be determined on a case by case basis with a $40.00 restocking fee if the order is canceled and refunded.

Is that legal? If you were operating in the UK I don't think it would be.

I don't know much about the law but I think if he mention it on the website, it's legal in the USA. FYI, Archos was preventing/does not allow cancellation of Archos 9 PC tablet preorders. I had to lie that I gave the wrong address for them to cancel it. Archos didn't even mention it on their website. :angry:

It's pretty shady by any means, and I don't think it's a great way to attract customers either.

You have to think of it on the terms of the business owner if you owned a business and were doing pre-orders had already ordered the stock you had planned to order and were taking pre-orders to ensure those that wanted one got one besides normal stock.

Then people started canceling orders after you have already paid for the merchandise and are awaiting shipment then your out the money. Even with a restocking fee of $40.00 the base unit is $120.00 that still means I'm out $80.00 I had not intended to spend for the item which in turn could snowball and put me out of business.

The likelihood of me actually charging the restock fee nil to none but the point is I could charge one to keep from having loses and going out of business/

The point I was trying to get across is as a business when we do pre-orders like this we are flying in the breeze money wise and actually if it does snowball your out of business quickly. It's not a scare tactic just a simple fact of being in business and trying to ensure you remain in business.

Like I said just ensure before you make a pre-order please make sure you really want the Caanoo and intend to keep the order so we can continue to bring you new items as they come.

Just make sure to mention on your site about possible fees for canceling preorder.
I'm sure you'd still sell any systems that were canceled to customers that do want the system.

It might seem shady to some but so is canceling a preorder like this. I could see canceling a preorder where the product launch is far away or the release date slipped but in this case actual units are being sent out very soon so its unfair to the seller.

Back