Caanoo - The New Gph Console?

Orion4874 said:
Hey crow, have you preordered or will you be getting one down the road? AudioRace would be killer with the tilt function!
not yet ordered, but i'm quite sure to get/order one anytime soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question. How does the screen hold up to scratches. I'm wondering if I would need to buy a screen protector. I have a dingoo and that screen scratches when you look at it.

bigjb419 said:
Quick question. How does the screen hold up to scratches. I'm wondering if I would need to buy a screen protector. I have a dingoo and that screen scratches when you look at it.

The screen is recessed, so it's going to be very hard to scratch in normal use. However, it depends on how you treat the touch screen. I usually use a screen protector with touch screen devices, but I haven't put one on yet. I can't see any scratches yet though, which is good.

bigjb419 said:
PUT SCREEN PROTECTORS ON EVERYTHING!!! I put them on all my screens, TV's included. Nothing like a big scratch right down the middle of your handheld to ruin the experience!

Orion4874 said:
PUT SCREEN PROTECTORS ON EVERYTHING!!! I put them on all my screens, TV's included. Nothing like a big scratch right down the middle of your handheld to ruin the experience!

lol not everything just expensive portable gadgets.

Orion4874 said:
PUT SCREEN PROTECTORS ON EVERYTHING!!!
Is that your OCD coming out again? I think I have it in a mild form :p.
Yeah, maybe GPH will sell their own screen protectors for it. I'm certainly going to put one on it.

quote said:
Orion4874 said:
Is that your OCD coming out again? I think I have it in a mild form :p .
Yeah, maybe GPH will sell their own screen protectors for it. I'm certainly going to put one on it.

Oh, for sure, I've got that kind of OCD about my gadgets as well. If one gets a scratch or a ding, I'll obsess about it for ages. But I feel really good about the Caanoo's durability. It's got a matte finish, so the body won't scratch easily like the Wiz. As I've said, the screen is recessed, so if you accidentally put it down on it's face, it won't get scratched up.

Also, just came across this video. It demonstrates USB memory drive compatibility:

The latest video is from andymanone. He also confirms that the WLAN dongles we used for the Wiz work with the Caanoo.

Another news: Anarchy today confirmed that there will be TV out cables from GPH for Caanoo and Wiz.

please can anyone confirm that this works cause i want to order one soon as possible someone who has a caanoo now needs to test.

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=50160&tid=frooct

quote said:
Orion4874 said:
Is that your OCD coming out again? I think I have it in a mild form :p .
YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT IS!!! Naked screens make me cringe! :blink:
Sorry for yelling.

the post here shows that there really will be the same wifi adapter for wiz and caanoo with the wiz getting an additional EXT-to-USB Adapter to be able to use the usb wifi. They will both be getting tv out that uses ext port.

So whats the smallest usb wifi that would be compatible with the caanoo?

jbrodack said:
So whats the smallest usb wifi that would be compatible with the caanoo?

This is also discussed here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55490-the-perfect-caanoo-wifi-stick/

Wootson said:
Speakers in the back make me laugh a little.

Well my Samsung LCD TV have speakers on the back too. And the TV sound is awful. Samsung is korean too... hmmm

Is anyone thinking of buying that edimax one? I would like to buy it, but i am unable to compile a kernel module just like that. Any experts here who want the best of the best, and is it just a matter of copying the right .ko file to my Caanoo if someone makes a kernel module?

/Uni

u9i said:
and is it just a matter of copying the right .ko file to my Caanoo if someone makes a kernel module?

Well, beside the kernel module you maybe have to fiddle with some sort of config file as I don't expect the Caanoo firmware Wlan menu to work without problems with different chips.

Back