SuperZaxxon v1.72-RC

OK, I found a problem, the entire "Gnome Games" Puzzle/Boardgame collection does not work anymore since Firmware 1.72. I only need Freecell actualy out of it but it also does not work anymore. Freecell is a must.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=gnomeGames-13425

Maybe the author can fix these games. Or at least freecell. Gnome Games actualy made a mess in the menus because it installs all games with separate entries. ^^ Could be improved imho somehow.

Looks like the pending issues are pretty minor ones, I don't have time to work on these so thinking about releasing SZ 1.72 final sometime during the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the pending issues are pretty minor ones, I don't have time to work on these so thinking about releasing SZ 1.72 final sometime during the weekend.
Are you saying that you will use the current version as final, or that you will make changes and release the final version this weekend?  Everything after your comma confused me.  I just reflashed last night, and I am trying to clean everything up and make things how I like.

Those of you doing OS update can run "sudo opkg remove samba" to remove it without full reflash (that's the part that doesn't work automatically for some reason)
Apparently it works now, because I'm doing currently doing the update, and my Samba share no longer works :( I hope it didn't delete my config (though shouldn't be too much hassle to redo, I think I made notes)
Ignore that, it seems it's still installed, though I can't access my share. Samba no longer appears in the "Startup Services" option, so I'm wondering if it's not running

How do you actually start it? and how to you set it to auto-start on boot?

Dont panic.  You can awlays reflash to the older firmware :p
But me don't want downgrade actualy. ;) Yes, the WiFi is still different every day but at least with the new Firmware I can get (sometimes) more than 50kb/s now. That's a huge improvement comparted to the past.No working Freecell hurts actualy but I'm sure it can be fixed. I already PM'd the maintainer (sebt3) maybe he also can have a look onto that. Until then, I play Angry Birds on my Pandora, yes I'm that desperate. :D

Are you saying that you will use the current version as final, or that you will make changes and release the final version this weekend?  Everything after your comma confused me.  I just reflashed last night, and I am trying to clean everything up and make things how I like.
Just release what you would currently get after reflashing 1.72-RC + running the OS upgrade as "1.72 final".

Ignore that, it seems it's still installed, though I can't access my share. Samba no longer appears in the "Startup Services" option, so I'm wondering if it's not running
try "/etc/init.d/samba start"

"opkg instal --force-reinstall samba" should add an init script.

try "/etc/init.d/samba start"
"opkg instal --force-reinstall samba" should add an init script.
Did both, my config is still correct in /etc/samba/smb.conf; but I still can't access it.

While I was setting everything up after flashing I was having trouble starting the xfce terminal.  Is anyone else having problems with it?

Hmmm...well, I don't know how to fix it right now.  I set it as the default and get "input/output error" when trying to start it.  I spent an hour or two trying to figure out the problem and can't spend any more time playing with it right now.

Did both, my config is still correct in /etc/samba/smb.conf; but I still can't access it.
I've tested it and indeed, it seems samba was rebuilt incorrectly.Try running "opkg update; opkg upgrade" now.

OK, I found a problem, the entire "Gnome Games" Puzzle/Boardgame collection does not work anymore since Firmware 1.72. I only need Freecell actualy out of it but it also does not work anymore. Freecell is a must.
It works fine for me, check your pndrun_gnomegames.out or something.

I still can't start the xfce terminal from either the right click menu or the main menu 100% of the time.  I guess I thought it was fixed because it worked when I did a CPU stress test (no changes after this update for me regarding stability with overclocking).  While it was running during that test I was able to open it another instance with right click.  I haven't yet tried starting it and just leaving it up to see if it can be brought back up after I log out or reboot and my session is restarted.  During my troubleshooting earlier I reinstalled it using opkg.  I have not tried reflashing again, and would prefer avoiding that due to the time it will take me to go fix everything else.  Does anyone have any tips or ideas based on my symptoms?

If this needs to be moved to another thread we can do that.

@Notaz I have the following issue. I sometimes forget to charge one of my Pandora's with a charging issue (it can only be charged with USB). If the battery is fully flat and I try to recharge - it takes a while to have enough juice to start it up - but immediately after booting it goes blank again and tries to charge it again to minimum level. 

So it seems (but correct me if I am wrong) that the minimum energy to boot the pandora costs more energy then the battery can provide. Would it be possible to change the setpoint? Maybe in the firmware?

[edit] Tried charging connecting it to my desktop this time with a usb cable and that worked. My usb charger might not provide enough power anymore. 

Back