Release SuperZaxxon v1.76

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
How about CUPS then?

There are print dialog and print manager items in the Pandora but CUPs is not included.
I believe since CUPS takes up a surprisingly large amount of space, with fonts, dependencies and what not, with only around ~100MB or less free on the internal storage it adds up quick. Maybe some minimalist package could be made, but not sure if that is in Notaz's bandwidth.

Swordfish II

Very Active Member
I believe since CUPS takes up a surprisingly large amount of space, with fonts, dependencies and what not, with only around ~100MB or less free on the internal storage it adds up quick. Maybe some minimalist package could be made, but not sure if that is in Notaz's bandwidth.
Ok then removing the unusable print stuff?

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
Is the "usb A power up even while the usb is down" something to fix ?
There's a recent talk/thread here somewhere, but I can't find it...

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
As far as I understand it, the 5V rail will be live if any of USB host, wifi, backlight, and others I've forgotten are on. I'm not sure if it's possible to disconnect the usb power rail from the 5V line, so unless SZ can stop powering the 5V line, it'll be on.

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)

@notaz : am I too late to the party ?

What I'd like to see in the last SZ release:

- Kernel 3.16.x (longterm support)
- Python 2.7.17
- Links 2.19
- OpenSSL 1.x

Bash 3.2.57 is already installed. Bash 4.x would be a nice addition, if that's possible and not too risky of course.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Galaxis

Not that I expect anyone to pick up the work, but checking and possibly updating any available build instructions would be great (at this point I notice that the SSL cert on pandorawiki.org has run out, gonna ping ED about it...)

ingoreis

Advanced Member
Staff member
This Idea comes Late but i renembered it:

In U-boot we have Boot from both SD Card Slots but no USB.

@notaz
Maybe you can add for the Final Release a newer U-Boot Version with USB Boot Option?
Then we can boot from USB SSDs :)