SuperZaxxon v1.72 released

As far as I know, the Pandora doesn't log anything to the NAND - all logs are temp files. So if you rebooted, it's all lost I'm afraid.

Did you do the reflash, or do an OS update from the menu? Linux machines can act a little weird after an update before a reboot, because anything long-standing running since before the update won't have been updated yet. On the other hand, if you reflashed, that counts as a reboot the first time you booted it up, so that is strange.
oh ... I was hoping the log would be stored somewhere so you can go back and check it in case ... well like in my case ;)

I did an OS update from 1.71, not a reflash. During the update I saw these warnings about missing certificates, but I couldn't tell if things were installed/updated anyway or if it failed because of that. As I said, I was a bit in a hurry and thought I could check it later.

Oh well, I guess if anything fails I'll just reflash (probalby I should do that anyway to get the NAND tweaks).

Ok i think have something strange. I reflashed my CC Pandora (2 times just to be sure) with this firmware 1.72 (not the RC) and apart from wifi (i have to use what notaz suggested to do in first post to return at an acceptable wifi connection) all is working fine. But when i shutdown or reboot i allways have a message at the centre of desktop that says "failed to execute login command"...all the procedure reboot or shutdown works correctly but this message is annoying me....it's possible to remove? tell me where to look. Thanks
Ok i just searched the forum and found this http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/2021-failed-to-execute-login-command/

So as notaz have no time to look at this...no problem i'll leave as is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A kind thank you for your great work as always notaz.

For some reason, exFAT support no longer works in this release.

I reflashed but my card cannot be read. :unsure:

A kind thank you for your great work as always notaz.

For some reason, exFAT support no longer works in this release.

I reflashed but my card cannot be read. :unsure:
eXFAT isn't a part of the default firmware... it needs to be installed via this PND: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=exfat.wb
Thank you for your suggestion, TrashyMG.

I tried installing the exFAT PND provided in your link, but the card is not being read. The 128GB will not work, but 32GB mounts fine. The 128GB read without problem under 1.71 release.

I'm not sure how it would, eXFAT was never installed  by default any firmware release I know of. Is it possible you installed it from another SD card prior? once it's installed it doesn't need the PND anymore.

I'm not sure how it would, eXFAT was never installed  by default any firmware release I know of. Is it possible you installed it from another SD card prior? once it's installed it doesn't need the PND anymore.
Yes, I believe I installed exFAT from another SD. It seems not to function in this release. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

FYI, it may take a reboot for it to start working after running the PND...   If it still doesn't work,  if you run the installer it should generate a log file in the /tmp directory, it should be called something like pndrun_exfat.out if you could share the contents of that log file.

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SDCARD/exfat.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/exfat_installer
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/exfat_installer"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SDCARD/pandora/appdata/exfat_installer=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/exfat_installer=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/exfat_installer"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( start.sh  ) ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( start.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/exfat_installer': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

Hmm no error messages... It's late for me, but I can try to install it myself tomorrow.

Looking at inside the exfat pnd, first of all it invokes gksudo to ask for an admin password.  Did that appear?

It's possible you authenticated recently enough for another purpose that it didn't need to ask for a password here.  The next thing it should have done is bring up a zenity message explaining licensing and suchlikes; did that appear?

Next it should have echoed some logs to stdout, which I assume ought to get captured by the pndrun.out log, which don't appear in there as far as I can see.  Which'd suggest something went wrong before that point, albeit silently.

That exfat pnd does rather nasty things to the system (unconditionally replacing libs), no wonder it stopped working.

_wb_ could have just asked me to update the libs needed instead of overwriting things like that.

OTOH the libs in question haven't changed in the firmware, so no idea what's going on there.

ok added semi-official support. In the terminal, run these commands:

sudo opkg update
sudo opkg upgrade
sudo opkg install fuse-exfat

Then re-insert the card and it should work.

You might get errors because of the mess exfat.pnd made, you will need to reflash and retry in that case.

ok added semi-official support. In the terminal, run these commands:

sudo opkg update
sudo opkg upgrade
sudo opkg install fuse-exfat

Then re-insert the card and it should work.

You might get errors because of the mess exfat.pnd made, you will need to reflash and retry in that case.
Nice. I disabled the exFAT PND on the repo, now that there's a cleaner way to get exfat  support.

Thanks, notaz!

(maybe it even makes sense to include it in the default firmware?)

I think this works if you're downloading the opkg that you agree to the terms and conditions by Microsoft rather than DragonBox being liable for any damages. 

Notaz if it requires a license is it legal at all to host it?
I don't know, but many (most?) other distributions provide it as an optional package too, so at least we are not the first to do so.
Software patents suck. Especially patents on things that are supposed to be standards, like file formats, file systems, etc.

I assume the package is based on this GPL'ed implementation of exFAT:

code.google.com/p/exfat/

This implementation does not require a license, but it's possible (actually likely) that it breaks MS patents. Just like just about anything is likely to break software patents. But it is hosted on so many places now -- I don't think it's very risky to add it to SZ.

Back