SuperZaxxon v1.62RC released!

I've found one issue myself - if you select "Save session for future logins" on xfce logout, Xfce may no longer start on next boot.. In that case Applications/Cache/ needs to be deleted and it starts again, but still, this has to be properly fixed.
I think I've fixed this one.

Do you have TV-out enabled? It can't work with TV-out since TV-out is using the same layer.
Thanks notaz!  Forgot about that.  Not important but maybe there should be a message to ask user to disable TV-Out in order to use Live System Info. 

fotoxx is broken.(text is blocks only) then crashes on action.

Lots of icons have swapped or are gone (although they are still in the system.)

Upgrade not recommended yet if your system is ok and you do not want to spend time fiddling/fixing things.

edit: it seems svg's do not work anymore, however, there are more than enough xpm's to switch to. Also, most xpm's are a little smaller, so some icons now seem smaller.

As for the system: rockstable. (at least most of my fav. apps just work.)

/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-*.so  only png xpm gif and jpg are there, svg is missing.... hmm.. before the upgrade it was not there either... but it worked somehow...

adding this as a reminder:

Make sure you have libpixbufloader-svg.so (somewhere in /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/) provided by librsvg and run "gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache".

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly didn't have too much issues, but I have a very vanilla setup on all my units.

I have tons of :

./hurrican: error while loading shared libraries: libusc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
on my 1Ghz (didn't test CC).

I used a full NAND flash.

@Notaz, I suspect libusc.so.1.6.16.3977 is not installed by the Firmware. I checked on my Gigahertz model and it was there, but I was previously on a the same 4.03.00.02 driver. Also, looking at my /usr/lib, I can see that componants of the SGX driver are dates from 12/Oct (like libGLES_CM.so.1.6.16.3977, libEGL.so.1.6.16.3977), links are date from installation date (for me 19/Oct), including the links for libusc, but the libusc.so.1.6.16.3977 is date from 25/Sep on my Pandora.

@Notaz, I suspect libusc.so.1.6.16.3977 is not installed by the Firmware. I checked on my Gigahertz model and it was there, but I was previously on a the same 4.03.00.02 driver. Also, looking at my /usr/lib, I can see that componants of the SGX driver are dates from 12/Oct (like libGLES_CM.so.1.6.16.3977, libEGL.so.1.6.16.3977), links are date from installation date (for me 19/Oct), including the links for libusc, but the libusc.so.1.6.16.3977 is date from 25/Sep on my Pandora.
Thanks for the details, will have to fix that.

First time I ran Upgrade Pandora OS, it failed early on after checking for updates (but it always does). Second time, upgrades happened but during the process I got a corrupted message box with the title "Missing resources" and a load of boxes in place of text, even on the Ok/Cancel buttons. Didn't stop the rest of the installation though, which continued in the background.

Edit: Nope, it froze the update in "updating gstreamer" - I waited for half an hour and then had to reboot with pandora+power as everything was frozen. Now it fails to boot, with a complete lockup at the "Please login" screen. Looks like I'll have to reflash :(

D.

It's obvious that Notaz must of put in some logic that if the user is Dunny then break a bunch of things.

So where do i note the pnds that are broken but are not in our "top porters" list? 

Might open a general collection thread for that? 

^ That would be appreciated so that others can check it before installing it, or at least they aren't surprised (if they check the list here).

That case perhaps leave a message on the repo comments, it sends the author an email every time a comment is made.

First time I ran Upgrade Pandora OS, it failed early on after checking for updates (but it always does). Second time, upgrades happened but during the process I got a corrupted message box with the title "Missing resources" and a load of boxes in place of text, even on the Ok/Cancel buttons. Didn't stop the rest of the installation though, which continued in the background.

Edit: Nope, it froze the update in "updating gstreamer" - I waited for half an hour and then had to reboot with pandora+power as everything was frozen. Now it fails to boot, with a complete lockup at the "Please login" screen. Looks like I'll have to reflash :(
IIRC your wifi is pretty much non-working? Not a good idea to run an and update through Internet when there is no Internet, I suggest you get some cheap wifi stick.

Back