1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

SuperZaxxon incremental update changelog

Discussion in 'Pandora OS (SuperZaxxon GNU/Linux)' started by notaz, Feb 28, 2013.

1. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

This is a log of updates you get when you select "Upgrade Pandora OS" in system settings.

Warning: selecting "Upgrade Pandora OS" will get you development versions of various packages that are not fully tested yet. Doing so may make your pandora temporarily unusable and you may have to reflash.

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.72

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.71

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.61

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.60

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.55

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.54

Changes since SuperZaxxon 1.53

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Tags:
    crow_riot, rohezal and canseco like this.
  2. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

-Pinned for easy finding.

3. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

Changes since 1.52, no ?

4. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

Too lazy to go through that, you can blame ED for not announcing that release.

5. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Advanced Member

Is there an updater that only gets tested packages, that are unlikely to screw up the Pandora?

6. ShleeDragon

ShleeDragon Pro-Catflip

The stables are "tested".

updated: sorry, I meant to say. EvilDragon and the team release stable release snapshots (1.52). Those are tested to work and they try to make them stable... anything based on the "updater" will simply pull the latest packages.

that said, the updated will only pull packages that are related heavily to the core pandora OS... they're normally pretty safe.

If you are worried about stability, just stick with a stable snapshot because the community has tried to make them reliable.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  7. Silent-Hunter

How do I select the stable ones? When I try to start the updater, it just starts downloading packages, withought giving any options. Also, there appears to be a glitch, as if I click Quit, it starts anyway.

8. Askarus

Askarus Hardcore Member

Thank you Notaz.

That's useful.

:)

9. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

This has been fixed, but you'd need to run this update thing to get the fix.
    I know quite a few people have run this update without problems, I've seen only one report where running this resulted in broken system. It was bacause it downloaded packages from angstrom-distribution.org instead of openpandora.org , I still have no idea how that happened to him.

10. Silent-Hunter

OK, I'll try it then.

11. Linux-SWAT

Linux-SWAT Hardcore Member

I meant i thought this list was the changes since 1.52.

12. Neelix

Neelix Insecticidal Maniac

This is the list of changes since 1.53.

I didn't realise that 1.53 had been released as an image at the time, but I summarised the differences between 1.52 and 1.53 here.

For 1.53 you could flash to the 1.53 image available here.    Note that since ED never announced this release, it was incorrectly labelled as 1.52 in the wiki for a long period.

Perhaps in future when building a release ED could make a PND with all "current" ipk's?   Though to avoid confusion I think if he does this he should call the menu entry "Upgrade to SuperZaxxon x.xx"   

(I seem to recall that people confused the "SuperZaxxon 1.52 updater" with the "Upgrade Pandora OS" tool.)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  13. Neelix

Actually I think I know what caused that. 

I seem to recall that shortly after SZ was initially released there was a post on the boards recommending an adjustment to the feed files for faster access to the Ångström repo. 

When 1.52 was released ED released a PND updater for it.   Anyone using that who had changed their feed files previously would not have had their feed files updated, but they wouldn't necessarily have realised that they didn't have an entirely clean install of 1.52.

- Neelix

14. rand

rand Member

How do I have 1.53 without having the 'beta' text or whatever?

15. Neelix

Could you please clarify that question? I don't understand what you are asking.

- Neelix

16. Kosmos

Kosmos Member

I have been running SZ1.52 from an SD all year. I finally ran the SZ Updater after booting to the NAND: No problems.... The NAND OS now displays SZ 1.55 on boot.

I then ran the updater from my SD OS of SZ 1.52.....

It still boots the SD to SZ 1.52 though.

Is there another step I need to do to update an SD install?

Second: I copied the uImage-3 from the Fresh-Install 1.55 download onto my SD. It booted into a 3.2.45 kernel but the touchscreen does no work and pnds no longer execute. I am putting my 3.2.30 uImage kernel back on the SD. note; later I put uImage kernel 3.2.30 back on the SD and got the touchscreen and pnds working again. but I am still in SZ1.52 with kernel 3.2.30

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  17. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

There are far too many ways to setup OS an SD, so the OS update thing might be encountering something it doesn't like and failing. It's much easier just use it from NAND, what's your reason for using SD?

18. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

19. Kosmos

Kosmos Member

Cause I never fill up the SD...... I have been running from an SD since I got my first Pandora. And if something goes bad I can then boot off NAND, fix the SD install, then reboot. I have upgraded the full way in the past but with all my configurations and edited scripts to fix things which have been posted before... I was hoping to use the OS updater. It worked for the NAND and it would be nice to find out how to get it to work from the SD.

First, in the past I was able to grab the uImage from the upgrade zip file and place it on my SD. I am running 3.2.30 kernel now and have been doing it this way since 2.6. When I swapped to the 3.2.45 kernel I lost touchscreen and the PNDs no longer execute. Swapped back to 3.2.30 and all was well again.....

Boot screen from NAND showed a successful 1.55 but from the SD still 1.52.   Anyone with ideas to successfully upgrade with a cold install? It SHOULD install like any other NAND install as it is the same SZ1.52 zip that I used previously to install on NAND and the SD in the first place.

20. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

Broken touchscreen is a sign of missing kernel modules. As you say SD isntall still shows 1.52, so 3.2.45 modules were not installed.