Release SuperZaxxon Final released!

Dont know if thats an issue with the new release but, I just install this update, everything looks fine but, i am not getting a charge. I am connected to the power but, there is no charge indicator and my battery level is going down. I have e-wifi unit.

could everyone affected please try this:

http://notaz.gp2x.de...age_sz_nub_test

copy it to your SD card, then boot the pandora and start a terminal, then type this command:

Code:
sudo cp /media/yoursdcard/uImage_sz_nub_test /boot/uImage-3

sync

Now shutdown pandora and try a fresh boot.

Tried it. It didn't seem to help on a full boot but it does seem to have made the nub not die after going into powersaving mode.

I wonder - does that issue only occur on old CC Pandoras?

Haven't had a customer complaining about that via mail...
Is there an easy way to see whether I have a CC Pandora? I think I do but I haven't been following the various production issues closely enough to be certain.

My Pandora was shipped March 31 2011, was ordered in the first wave of preorders and has "First Batch" on the inside of the battery chamber if that helps confirm it.

could everyone affected please try this:

http://notaz.gp2x.de...age_sz_nub_test

copy it to your SD card, then boot the pandora and start a terminal, then type this command:

Code:
sudo cp /media/yoursdcard/uImage_sz_nub_test /boot/uImage-3

sync

Now shutdown pandora and try a fresh boot.

Tried it. It didn't seem to help on a full boot but it does seem to have made the nub not die after going into powersaving mode.
Let's try again then:

http://notaz.gp2x.de/tmp/uImage_sz_nub_test2

@Spectralist

You have a CC Pandora. Global Components are labeled ReBirth Edition and have a production date of Feb 2012 and later.

Tested nub_test2.

Using the suspend-to-ram, when waking up while giving a direction to any nub, it's impossible to resume after that, a hard reboot is needed.

While AC powered on, all seems fine except the right nub died once the first time i tried. Impossible to reproduce now.

That seems to have sorted out my nubs issue at least. I've rebooted my pandora several times, and the nubs remain active, and I've suspended the system several times too, and was able to get back into normal use(previously my Pandora had a tendency to freeze completely, so I avoided using that feature). Thanks for that Notaz!! :)

Stouffa, can you try to resume from suspend to ram (no AC connected) while giving a direction to a nub, please ?

Don't insert a SD, 'cause you may have to hard reboot ;^).

Just tried that, left nubs works fine in and out of suspend, right nub caused the machine to hang! Guess we're only almost there ironing out the bugs then?? ;)

Seems ok now, even if sometimes, the right nub and desktop icons take 20 seconds to come back (once in the same boot).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know if thats an issue with the new release but, I just install this update, everything looks fine but, i am not getting a charge. I am connected to the power but, there is no charge indicator and my battery level is going down. I have e-wifi unit.
By the way, IDK why it wasn't charging but after a couple retries it started charging again. maybe my charger adapter is getting dirty. idk but, im ok now.

Is there bluetooth enhancements in super zaxxon final?Do I recall ED saying that bluez could be used in some manner.?The threads too long to search now.

Still having problems using nub_test_3 - the nub doesn't work before or after suspending, whether or not the power adapter is connected.

If it makes a difference, my problem is with the left nub, not the right one.

Newest fix didn't do anything for me as far as I can tell. I decided to do some more thorough tests to see if I could find any useful data.

For clarity the nub problem I'm having is the left nub simply doesnt work, no response in the input tester no mouse movement, etc. Right nub works fine though. But rebooting into 2.6 fixes the left and the fix remains after booting back into 3.2. In 2.6 both nubs always seem to work.

I've reflashed straight to the release of SuperZaxxon Final and went through all the patches posted with 8 different tests. To see if there's any illuminating differences. The only difference I found is that in uImage_sz_nub_test and the two after it suspend doesnt kill my nub while it does on the original SuperZaxxon Final release.

For completions sake here's a summary of all the tests I ran:

Code:
Boot into 3.2 from power off when 3.2 was previously run without fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

All 4 Tests - Left nub no response

Boot into 3.2 from power off when 2.6 was previously run:

All 4 Tests- Left nub works

Boot into 3.2 from power off when 3.2 was previously run after fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

Restart into 3.2 without powering off when 3.2 was previously run without fixing nub:

Restart into 3.2 without powering off when 2.6 was previously run:

Restart into 3.2 without powering off when 3.2 was previously run after fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

Enter/exit suspend mode in 3.2 after fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

SuperZaxxon Final - Left nub no response

uImage_sz_nub_test - Left nub works

uImage_sz_nub_test2 - Left nub works

uImage_sz_nub_test3 - Left nub works

Enter/exit suspend in 3.2 with out fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

Hopefully that's in some way helpful. I mostly did it because I noticed in uImage_sz_nub_test3 that powering off completely from 2.6 then powering on fixed the nub until the next power off but I'd never tried that before and wondered if it happened in one of the patches or was there from the start, apparently it was like that from the start. Seems really weird.

Back