Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 2 released

not sure if this is related to superzaxxon beta2 (that i have on nand) or not, but when i boot off my sdcard for hotfix beta2 sometimes the mouse cursor gets "stuck" and i can't control it and have to boot into superzaxxon and then boot off sdcard.

hmm..

not sure if this is related to superzaxxon beta2 (that i have on nand) or not, but when i boot off my sdcard for hotfix beta2 sometimes the mouse cursor gets "stuck" and i can't control it and have to boot into superzaxxon and then boot off sdcard.

That also happened on earlier OSes. Some PNDs seem to change the nub settings and forget to reset it after they quit (i.e. if they close unexpectedly).

No need for a system reboot: Just start the utility "Pandora nub configurator" and restore your favorite or the default setting. Then you can continue normally.

Okay, I seem to notice some issues with minimenu in SuperZaxxon Beta2:

Usually I boot into XFCE and there I use both the menu as well as the desktop for applications. So I populated both subfolders of pandora/ (desktop as well as menu) on my programs SD card. The pnds are all found correctly in XFCE. When starting minimenu only the applications placed in menu are discovered. All applications in desktop are not found. That is, my setup is the following:

Code:
pandora/

-> desktop/

-> games/

-> file.pnd

-> progs/

-> file2.pnd

-> menu/

-> games/

-> file3.pnd

-> progs/

-> file4.pnd

So I am not using the root of the menu/ and desktop/ folder. This is no problem when under XFCE but it might be the issue why minimenu does not find everything. Or minimenu does not scan all folders correctly.

This issue happens no matter if directly booting into minimenu or switching the gui after booting XFCE. The kernel used does not matter either and removing reinserting the SD card after starting minimenu does not improve things either.

Last edited by a moderator:
doubt it matters, and dont know if its something that wasnt possible before, but...

quickly opening/closing the lid three times, the screen pretty much always doesnt turn on on the third open of lid

That also happened on earlier OSes. Some PNDs seem to change the nub settings and forget to reset it after they quit (i.e. if they close unexpectedly).

No need for a system reboot: Just start the utility "Pandora nub configurator" and restore your favorite or the default setting. Then you can continue normally.

ah right thx for response, will do as u suggest should/when it happens next.

Bug report: Total system freeze after idle on XFCE Desktop for certain time

Was running Hurrican, triggered Pandora Overlay Menu.

Overlay did not properly work this time, a pink screen remained, no way out of it, had to do a hard system reset.

At boot time of SuperZaxxon beta 2 I held the R-button, started in kernel 3.2.1 (as dozen times before w/o troubles), but got a message like "UBIFS is damaged, booting not possible".

Restarted with old 2.x kernel, system got up.

Later I could start with kernel 3.2.1 again, but since then a new bug occurs every time: If you are idle on the XFCE Desktop (about 15 mins), after a certain time the system freezes. I guess when it tried to enter Low Power Mode and dim the screen. If you keep active, this bug does not occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I seem to notice some issues with minimenu in SuperZaxxon Beta2:

Usually I boot into XFCE and there I use both the menu as well as the desktop for applications. So I populated both subfolders of pandora/ (desktop as well as menu) on my programs SD card. The pnds are all found correctly in XFCE. When starting minimenu only the applications placed in menu are discovered. All applications in desktop are not found. That is, my setup is the following:

Code:
pandora/

-> desktop/

-> games/

-> file.pnd

-> progs/

-> file2.pnd

-> menu/

-> games/

-> file3.pnd

-> progs/

-> file4.pnd

So I am not using the root of the menu/ and desktop/ folder. This is no problem when under XFCE but it might be the issue why minimenu does not find everything. Or minimenu does not scan all folders correctly.

This issue happens no matter if directly booting into minimenu or switching the gui after booting XFCE. The kernel used does not matter either and removing reinserting the SD card after starting minimenu does not improve things either.

Huge list of changes to mmenu since prev hotfix, so makes sense; I've sort of been worried, not too man y bug reports.. just means they're there and not-found or subtle ;)

I'll take a look.. this could explain much :)

jeff

Back