Slackware for Pandora 14.0

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
i can compile any app/game made for windows into linux?
Umm no..

- Only if the sourcecode is availible

- The code needs to be portable (ie uses libraries and coded in a way that will easily allow the program to be compiled on any platform). which means any Windows specific code will need to be re-written.

- There is also the X86 vs ARM processor issues.. some code is geared towards x86(Normal PC/Mac) and won't easily compile on ARM platform without a ton of code rewriting.

- If it uses OpenGL The code needs to be re-written to OpenGL ES

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
i can compile any app/game made for windows into linux?
Umm no..

- Only if the sourcecode is availible

- The code needs to be portable (ie uses libraries and coded in a way that will easily allow the program to be compiled on any platform). which means any Windows specific code will need to be re-written.

- There is also the X86 vs ARM processor issues.. some code is geared towards x86(Normal PC/Mac) and won't easily compile on ARM platform without a ton of code rewriting.

- If it uses OpenGL The code needs to be re-written to OpenGL ES
Shouldn't we have a FAQ on the site that we can redirect users to since these kind of questions ALWAYS come back every now and then ? :)

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
By the way, can you print documents with SLackware? DOes cups work with it ? Printing libreoffice documents on the go by connecting to almost any printer would be a killer function, I think !

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
sorry for the noobish question but...i can compile any app/game made for windows into linux?also i didn't cheked the topic for a while and now i'm having troubles following it.last time i chcked a 16/32 gb sd was ok for housing slackware(i have yet to do the process)and now iread 64 b sd and other...
8G is ok.

By the way, can you print documents with SLackware? DOes cups work with it ? Printing libreoffice documents on the go by connecting to almost any printer would be a killer function, I think !
http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware/Advanced_usage/CUPS

Last edited by a moderator:

ingoreis

Advanced Member
Staff member
Hi Linux-Swat,i Found a very very interesting but little older Project.

Glesport is a Wrapper for Implementing a 80% Opengl Hardware Accelerated libgl.so on the Pandora and other gles Hardware.

He wrote that many Games works fine and smoothly,so its a verry better Alternative to the MESA GL EMU.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Yes, cups has an integrated web-based manager.
Ah ok, I was not aware of that! 

Then, did you ever try to print with an actual printer ? DId it work ? 

I remember someone tried to compile cups for Zaxxon before but it did not work so I am wondering if the Slackware distro would solve the problem here. 

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
Estimated time for LO?
Should be finished by now, but as my new 64 card is 1/3 slower, this will take some hours more.

Hi Linux-Swat,i Found a very very interesting but little older Project.
Glesport is a Wrapper for Implementing a 80% Opengl Hardware Accelerated libgl.so on the Pandora and other gles Hardware.

He wrote that many Games works fine and smoothly,so its a verry better Alternative to the MESA GL EMU.
Someone with coding skills should test this.

Ah ok, I was not aware of that! 
Then, did you ever try to print with an actual printer ? DId it work ? 

I remember someone tried to compile cups for Zaxxon before but it did not work so I am wondering if the Slackware distro would solve the problem here. 
Not tested, but i'm 100% sure it will work.

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
3563mn --> 71h --> 3days.

Same package size, same bug TT.

I wanted to download the pi package, but it's forbidden. It can only be downloaded from a pi. What an "open" device...

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Oh, the LO is not functionnal  :(   ? I was hopping the Slackware build would succeed. That's sad. My attemps fails quicker also, as it still don't compile. something silently doesn't work for my, and the "Solver " forlder that is supposed to be filled with tempororay compilation things stay mostly empty. Have to try again once finished Codeblocks PND (and Cannonball with widescreen  :p  ). 

About the glesport, where is that thing?

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member
And LO doesn't give any debug output.

I just go back to the prompt, and strace seems not useful.

Also i have a segfault during the english dictionary installation.

Do you have a Slack install ?

I can upload the package if someone is interested in trying to figure out.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Nope, still no slack yet :( I haven't got time to setup that... But I will, in the future.

Also, I assume it is way to big to put here as an attachment.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Oh, ok ! Now I understand ;-)

I'll be glad to take a look at LO, even if I'm sure I will not see anything... 4 Eyes are better than 2.

Linux-SWAT

Hardcore Member