Slackware for Pandora 14.0

Hey Linux-SWAT, great job with slackware, I just installed using your wiki article and the tutorial (had to do a couple of things differently to get it to boot)

I'm having trouble with WIFI, whenever I click to toggle WIFI the LED turns on but the network connection widget says "device not ready (firmware missing)".

When I restart it briefly shows a log with an error about the wireless power management system.

Also I created my user 'q' and I want to edit autoboot.txt on the SD card:

sudo vim autoboot.txt

Sorry, user q is not allowed to execute 'usr/bin/vim autoboot.txt' as root on darkstar

sudo su

Sorry, user q is not allowed to execute '/bin/su' as root on darkstar

Thanks for any help you can give :)

The sudo in Slackware has the original behavior (as opposed to Ubuntu, Zaxxon etc.) .i.e, you can't use sudo for every command.

What you have to do is to:

su

or

su -

Use su - for package building/management so you'll have the full root environment.

The wifi should work. Which -RC are you using ?

What are the "different" things you did ?

What are the last lines of dmesg ?

Last lines of dmesg are about Bluetooth initialization. I'm using RC6.

I followed the tutorial but I found that the steps for GParted are not correct. The tute tells the user to create all partitions in one step, but the SD will be unbootable as Linux_swap will be set as partifion #1 (even if you stepwise add ext2 partition first).

I had to create and apply ext2 partition first, and then create and apply linux-swap partition afterwards.

I now know why the firmware were missing, and i corrected that.

I'm building the final release.

I will test it a bit before uploading.

Yes, I used gparted on zaxxon. Are the firmware files available somewhere for me to cp to the correct folder? I can't download the whole RC again as my bandwidth is limited.

Ok - what is the fastest way to open a terminal in slack? I can't find a link on the menu.

Cool thanks, wifi is on! On Zaxxon I always had to 'sudo iwconfig wlan0 power rate 54M' to get decent wifi speeds, do I need to do that on slack, how to do that?

SL4P 14.0 is released.

I've updated the first post, be sure to check it:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/9797-slackware-for-pandora-140/?p=181431

It was _a lot_ more work than expected when i switched from -current to -RC.

Thanks to everybody who contributed.
*Applauds* congrats on making the release! This is like a christmas present for me, thanks for helping me install it as well.

You can add this in the /usr/pandora/scripts/op_wifi.sh

Add your line right after

/etc/init.d/wl1251-init start
Same in Zaxxon.

(why "power rate" ?)

Also, if you want SFML, grab it (along the OpenAl dependency) here:

http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p%2Fsl4p-14.0%2Fpackages%2Fshipped
In SZ I just type it into terminal, in slackware I get:

iwconfig: command not found

According to Dr Google, I must install 'wireless-tools' package?

I don't know about 54M rate, maybe the default data rate is lower? Edit: default is 11Mbps it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back