Slackware for Pandora 14.0

CONGRATULATIONS for this big step forward.

But LO doesn't start yet entirely? 100% disk space used probably means that something could not complete. But I wonder, why there were no error messages...?

So I guess the next donations will be for a 64GB card for you, right? ;-)

Oh no.

I had the same thing with PanDebian some days ago.

What? A never-ending LibreOffice splash screen? And could you fix it in some way?

Was it related to the LibreOffice upgrade? I didn't dare to run the upgrade yet (never touch a running system). Maybe this was a good decision?

Hmm, I tried running the Code::Blocks PND on Slack, and it doesn't start. Says something about a .gdb.py file not being an Elf with magic numbers, and that's it, it vanishes :(

I'm might try downloading the new RC and check if I have the latest PND later.

I couldn't build my allegro game using my lib on Angrstrom, not entirely sure why yet... oh well

The error you saw must not be the root cause of it not starting. The error is ldconfig complaining about python file being in the libs folder, but it's not a fatal error. Perhaps the problem is in the method I used to keep the Terminal windows openned. I'll change that in the next release.

No probs. I only had a quick look, so it's possible I missed something important. I'll try again later and see

Oh no.

I had the same thing with PanDebian some days ago.

What? A never-ending LibreOffice splash screen? And could you fix it in some way?

Was it related to the LibreOffice upgrade? I didn't dare to run the upgrade yet (never touch a running system). Maybe this was a good decision?

No.

I ran out of space.

The update was fine but after I wanted to install some more stuff I ran out of space.

:D

Ah, doesn't matter. Whilst Allegro5 built, I got it to build the example apps too, and they report that allegro fails to initialise. :(

You should really start with allegro installed through sbopkg.

It will be the 4.4.2, but at least you'll be sure that the package is ok.

I don't understand where you're going with this? I've used Allegro 4 on the Pandora before, but that doesn't help with Allegro 5 as [a] it's already built (I don't know those build options), and it's API is drastically different (meaning you can't slot the lib for one into an app of the other)

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering ... is there any way to get this working within qemu on a windows machine? neither have clue of slack nor of qemu ... just giving it a shot and ask here cause i want some more convenient way of developing for pandora

@pmprog: ah ok. Thought it would have been safer.

@crow_riot: maybe the vm is not needed.

There's a problem with the RC6.

I'm removing it.

---EDIT: it was a chmod 744 instead of 755... pfff

Just bought a 64G ultra. This card has slow writings. Too bad they hadn't Extreme at the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uploading a new-new -RC6 (I'm not a release candidate, i'm a free software !).

Should be finished in less than 4 hours.

Does LO already compile on the 64 Gb Sd-card?

I'll wait until I get a 128 Gb SD for OS stuff with RC6.

As you have 64 Gb now I have to get 128 Gb :p .

It'll be within the next 2-3 Weeks.

Then I don't need an extra SD for Slackware.

I'll buy those Lexar cards as they might be faster than those cheap ones.

Maybe Slackware becomes even faster then.

Back