Release [Repo] UAE4ALL 2.5.1.0

I will also check this feature. But it will take some time before the new release will come.

In the next days, there will be only a small update with a bugfix for missing screenshots on savestates and improved Pandora keyboard support.

I will also check this feature. But it will take some time before the new release will come.

In the next days, there will be only a small update with a bugfix for missing screenshots on savestates and improved Pandora keyboard support.
Thanks, great to know you still have it in mind :)

Well I finally get UAE4all working again, but it involved reformatting my 64GB card as fat32 using Gparted on the Pandora, I'm not 100% sure I did it properly, but UAE4all is now mostly working apart from my Tinylauncher HDF file, which only seems to work if I transfer it to a smaller card. It's 100MB in size, so that must be what's causing the issue? (not sure why, maybe I didn't use the optimum settings for fat32!)

Still didn't figure out that graphics issue with Worms DC, I doin't remember seeing it on any previous version. It's not a major thing, but it does look a bit messy in game if you move the aiming reticule through the landscape it'll leave a line residue as it passes through. Anyone have any ideas on this? Other than that these recent versions are much faster indeed :)

Minor update to version 2.5.3.2 with following changes:

- Bugfix for missing screenshots in savestates
- Better support of Pandora keyboard. Special keys now accessible the same way as on your Pandora (when US keyboard layout selected on Amiga side)

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    378.9 KB · Views: 164
Thanks for all the updates and improvements! It's still the most important emulator for me. I finally have my old CRT-TV back, so last weekend I spend a lot of time with UAE4ALL B)

Thanks for your work on this, at some point recently suddenly Shadow of the Beast started working for me when I'm sure it didn't used to.

Is there any way to have a floppy/hdd access LED icon so you can tell if it's doing something or not? That would be great!

You can switch on the status line. There is an led for HD and for each floppy (incl. track number).

You can switch on the status line. There is an led for HD and for each floppy (incl. track number).
Left shoulder button and D (together) if I remember correctly does that as a keyboard shortcut.

You can also try a higher floppy speed to reduce the waiting time. Not every game will work with higher floppy speed, but maybe Shadow of the Beast doesn't care.

When they use an own disk loader. These loaders expect an exact timing, when the data from the disk is available and will fail when the result comes to early.

Could you not scale the CPU and floppy speeds together? So they'll remain in sync
I could imagine that this would cause all sorts of other problems, like messing up music playing while loading ...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can switch to turbo mode (left shoulder + right shoulder + t) to speed up everything without any problems. Use same keys to turn off turbo mode.

Could you not scale the CPU and floppy speeds together? So they'll remain in sync
Depends on how the timing is done. If it's frame timing, and you're executing more reads per frame then you're not going to synch. If you're counting instructions or cycles, then it might work.

D.

Back