Release [Repo] UAE4ALL 2.5.1.0

There is no time left to work on UAE4all at the moment. When I find some time, I will try to switch to P-UAE and implement some performance improvements I've done in UAE4all. We will see what performance we get...

Are AGA CD-ROM games, like Onescapee and T-Zer0, supported by this emu?

If yes, how is the performance on CC/Rebirth units?

Updated uae4all to version 2.5.2.0 with some minor changes:

- Added option for 1.8 MB slow mem (thanks to lubomyr)
- Fixed handling when slow mem limited in AGA/68020 configurations
- Added hack for blitter stuck
- Bugfix in custom_bget -> HoneyComb-Demo now working
- Improved blitter compatibility a bit

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    848.5 KB · Views: 196
Thank you for your continued support to this great emulator! This is really appreciated! :)

This is really great! Thank you very much!!

I have a question and a few suggestions.

I have a 512mb pandora, and I managed to get civ running on uae4all. But, I can't get any of my workbenches to boot.

They all start, and then quit, in fact uae4all quits. When I manually start uae4all from the command line, I see that I get a segmentation fault at that point.

Any idea what the problem could be? I tried different kickstart/WB combinations, different processor speeds, etc. Nothing seems to help.

The same WB files seem to work well on my mac.

Now for the suggestions:

Is it possible to enable floppy drive sounds? Or some kind of indication that the floppy is being read? On some games it takes a long time to load, and I'd like to know if it is stuck or still reading. (It is also very cool...)

Is it possible to make the answer to first question about old or new UAE4all version permanent? 

It could also be nice to be able to see the current resolution of the screen (I know, amiga can have several on the same screen...), so that it is easier

to chose the right resolution.

Thanks a lot! 

Addendum:

----

I did strace, and the lines before the segfault are:

--

open("/etc/localtime", O_RDONLY)        = 13

fstat64(13, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2309, ...}) = 0

fstat64(13, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2309, ...}) = 0

mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x40595000

read(13, "TZif2\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\10\0\0\0\10\0"..., 4096) = 2309

_llseek(13, -28, [2281], SEEK_CUR)      = 0

read(13, "\nCET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3\n", 4096) = 28

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

--

???

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated uae4all to version 2.5.3.0 with some minor changes:
- GUI: select memory size now with slider (thanks to lubomyr, we need space for more options)
- Bugfix GUI: Changed value for Pandora speed now also accepted when list not dropped down
- New blitter modes: normal (same behaviour as in previous version), immediate (same as in WinUAE and others) and improved (completly new, improved compatibility with only small performance loss)

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    852.3 KB · Views: 177
Always thrilled to see updates on this, I'll give the new update a good workout at the weekend! :)

Updated again. Now compiled with latest gcc from Code::Blocks.

Much better performance, but I don't know if this compiler version did some optimizing which breaks some functions. So please give me feedback if you notice new problems.

Certainly lots of updates coming thick and fast for this emulator at present, thanks again for all the hard work!! :)

Not sure if it's an issue in the emulator or on my side but Uae4all certainly doesn't like my 64gb Transcend card, (Exfat formatted as I'm still primarily a Windows user(!)). The PND will load time but when I try to select any file or directory on that card it won't show it. It does show the only zip file I have in the root of that card when I try select an adf though.

Anyone experienced this?

All files I need for uae4all are on a sd card and I have no problems.

I think its definitely some issue with my Exfat card, I can browse directories no problem on the other card. It's just strange as I've not experienced any similar issues with other programs in that card

OK with more testing it was definitely my exfat card that was causing that particular issue and this version of uae4all is demonstrably faster than before! Aliens Breed now runs at a full 50fps where before it was struggling to get over 40. I am setting some graphical glitches with Worms DC now, noticeably with the arming cursor leaving traces through the landscape? I'll try later with a different SGX driver and see if that makes a difference...

I'm still getting the same minor gfx issues with both the 4.03 and 4.10 sgx drivers with Worms DC. I've also tried changing the blitter options(one of them appears in the menu as immer?) But that didn't improve things

The only issue I have experienced with the new version is that save states no longer capture a screen-shot.  The save state works, but the screen-shot is blank.

The only issue I have experienced with the new version is that save states no longer capture a screen-shot.  The save state works, but the screen-shot is blank.
Same issue here using latest UAE 2.0 Code::Blocks

Compatibility is indeed improved, thanks to immediate blitter Odyssey is finally playable (in previous versions the hero was invisibile when morphing into beasts). I also noticed some games like Jim Power now run full speed without sound stutter. Pity Snow Bros still give me a black screen after the intro, then the game freezes.

A question to TomB: any chance to have in future UAE versions CD support for CDTV and AGA CD games?

I'm currently merging more features from WinUAE into UAE4ALL. The stuff which needs 32-Bit M68020 adress space (Picasso96) won't work, because our M68K core only supports 24 bit. The M68K from WinUAE will slow down the entire emulator and nothing is useable anymore.We'll see, what new options we get in next releases.

Back