Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

Soul Calibur is on the cusp of being fully playable with sound on my 1Ghz Pandora... would be great if this new version fills the gap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like that , something new to play around with, only if its not a big bother though Pitseb :)

sweet cant wait to try it, are there supposed to be speed improvements in the final r.7?

Ok, the release is on the repo. The build is from around mid-june... (don't worry, I'll update to more recent sources later).

build 12

-----------

• Updated sources

Ok so I'm playing Skies of Arcadia and I find that framekip does not seem to make any difference, now is there any way to set a manual frame skip, it almost seems that a proper frameskip or manual frameskip could make this game (and maybe some others) actually very playable. We are soo close here :)

Ok so I'm playing Skies of Arcadia and I find that framekip does not seem to make any difference, now is there any way to set a manual frame skip, it almost seems that a proper frameskip or manual frameskip could make this game (and maybe some others) actually very playable. We are soo close here :)

The frameskip is automatic in reicast. Frame are constructed in a bufffer, and are dropped if lagging...

Im not sure what changes have been made with the newer versions of Reicast as Capcom vs Snk 2 still glitches sprites and Headhunter still crashes after the intro...

Im not sure what changes have been made with the newer versions of Reicast as Capcom vs Snk 2 still glitches sprites and Headhunter still crashes after the intro...

If you specific glitches / crashes, you can take a screenshot and open a bug ticket in the github.

I thought I had added a reply to this earlier, but it must not have posted for some unknown reason! Anyway, all I was going to add was that I read that indie retro platformer Volgarr the Viking has been seemingly unexpectedly released as freeware for the Dreamcast. I was wondering had anyone downloaded this and tried it on the current version of Reicast on the Pandora? I didn't get time to try this before work, but I will try later

I thought I had added a reply to this earlier, but it must not have posted for some unknown reason! Anyway, all I was going to add was that I read that indie retro platformer Volgarr the Viking has been seemingly unexpectedly released as freeware for the Dreamcast. I was wondering had anyone downloaded this and tried it on the current version of Reicast on the Pandora? I didn't get time to try this before work, but I will try later

Hi that works on the Ghz one.

Hi there. I am a recent owner of the Pandora. I have intalled Reicast, SGX 4.10 & overclocking at 1200. I own a 1ghz Pandora and my firmware is 1.72. I have installed a rom of bust a move (which I beleive could be supported by Reicast). I get the dreamcast screen but then can't start the game and get back to the pandora desktop. Any clue ?

Thank you for your help

Hi there. I am a recent owner of the Pandora. I have intalled Reicast, SGX 4.10 & overclocking at 1200. I own a 1ghz Pandora and my firmware is 1.72. I have installed a rom of bust a move (which I beleive could be supported by Reicast). I get the dreamcast screen but then can't start the game and get back to the pandora desktop. Any clue ?

Thank you for your help

I tried another ISO and everything is working fine ! Thank you for this awesome emulator !

Thank you sir!  I will try it soon!

Edit:  Just tried couple matches of Mavel vs. Capcom.  Seems to run faster.  Goo job!

Back