Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

Sorry for Posting the Videos on the other Thread too but i wanted to show you

how fast Reicast ist running on the 1 GHZ Pandora.

1222MHZ Sysspeed 450 started from Mini Menu and it seem ironical be faster with the Standart SGX Driver now.

The Videos fit better in this Thread :rolleyes:

Sonic Adventure faster then ever on the Pandora ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/agZE4CD1L7c?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for Posting the Videos on the other Thread too but i wanted to show you

how fast Reicast ist running on the 1 GHZ Pandora.

1222MHZ Sysspeed 450 started from Mini Menu and it seem ironical be faster with the Standart SGX Driver now.

The Videos fit better in this Thread :rolleyes:

Sonic Adventure faster then ever on the Pandora ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xSR694H2RwI?feature=oembed
Yeah!  It does look faster!  I have to try Shenmue with these settings later but with 1300MHz ;) ...

I have updated my sources and recompiled, but I'm not sure the build is different. I have to check a bit further before releasing.

You can send me a direct Link per PM and i will try it this Evening when you want ;)

I am around in 2 Hours @ Home,then half Hour Evening Dinner and then can i test one Hour before sleep ;)

Another Question,is WindowsCE in the Bios Files integrated?Or is this on an Nand on the Dreamcast?

Because i wanted to experiment with the Ce Based Halflife for Dreamcast.

Just for Information ;)

I've always thought that the WinCE code was burned to the game disc, and not in the BIOS or NAND or anywhere else on the console itself, but I can't remember where I heard that now.

You can send me a direct Link per PM and i will try it this Evening when you want ;)

I am around in 2 Hours @ Home,then half Hour Evening Dinner and then can i test one Hour before sleep ;)

Another Question,is WindowsCE in the Bios Files integrated?Or is this on an Nand on the Dreamcast?

Because i wanted to experiment with the Ce Based Halflife for Dreamcast.

Just for Information ;)
I want to finish a few experiments first (doesn't seems to be efficient anyway).

About WinCE, IRC, the issue is with the MMU that is not (enough? at all? don't remember) emulated and is mandoray for windows.

Dont forget that in Soul Calibour LavaLevel and WaterLevel are generaly little slower.
Thats because i wrote on my Video very Fast@second Level ;)

Edit:
Aaand i changed some Things in the Emu.cfg

1233MHZ

Sysspeed 464

Mini Menu

Driver 4.10

changed in emu.cfg

unstable Dynarec=1

useMipMaps=0

limitFPS=0

rend.widescreen=1

ta.skip=1

Have you tried Super Turrican clone - GUNLORD? 

After the end of the Dreamcast  animation  Reicast  stops and I have a white screen.

Anyone know of a good way to rip dreamcast images form the original cd's?

thanks.
Same Problem here.

I want to rip my Games here which i realy have.

Have a Dreamcast too and had read that its possible with a very expensive rare Broadband Adapter.

Searched on Google for a Dreamcast SD Reader for the Serial Port to use Dreamshell to rip the Games but found no one more to buy.

Riping Games over the Serial Port from the Dreamcast is a very very slow and Longtime Procedure.

The Negative here is when you do that over Serial its so slow that you risk an Laser/Dreamcast overheating and break the Console then.

I read that it take up to 10-20 Hours for one Dreamcast CD/GD Rom.

In the German Forum is a Thread from me with that Problem but no good Answers there.

Have here Anyone a Solution for that? ;)

I have a serial adaptor for my dreamcast from back in the day and have experienced the slow data transfer speeds, but it does work.

I always wanted the broadband adaptor but have never been able to get one (at a reasonable price).

Back