Ran Out Of Boards?

Most authorities now view the current 'raise the question' meaning as acceptable, even if that is a somewhat grudging recognition that the weight of numbers of those who use it that way is overwhelming. It is also suggested by some that the minority who know and understand the original version should avoid using it, unless they are amongst consenting adults, as they aren't likely to be understood.

Call it "Evolution in action".

Okay, some info to create more confusion :D

When I left, nearly 400 were ready to ship but Michael and Craig were still testing more for any failures so there should still be some going out today and tomorrow.
The 800 more boards that had been populated in Texas had been populated and not tested when we mentioned them. That's what's happening right now, a few hundred more of them will be shipped today so should arrive beginning of next week. Some need fixing, as a first big batch usually has quite a few failures which need to be repaired (but that's what the mass production company is taking care of).

That means Craig gets a few days off (and he deserves it!) - though not too many as he can prepare more of the top lids already (place LCD in there, roll the cable, etc.).

Building should continue next week, which means that by middle to end of next week another few hundred units should be ready to ship.

Then we need to wait for the cases and the next boards. Yes, it seems endless for you guys waiting, but I bet you rather have a working unit a few days later than a crappy one which you need to send back :)
Three people can build 200 units in three days, even with all the modification on the shoulder buttons needed - and that takes quite some time. So the next 3000 units can be built faster, as the buttons will not be painted anymore.

Okay, now I need to do some work. The first Pandoras in Germany arrived - and I bet people are waiting :D

EvilDragon said:
Okay, now I need to do some work. The first Pandoras in Germany arrived - and I bet people are waiting :D

Well that seems like a bet easily won... <_<
Can't wait for mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update Ed - just for clarification:

When you say 400 were ready to ship from Craig's - do you mean 400 of Craig's customers' Pandoras are ready or 400 Pandoras, someone of which are yours and Fatih's, are ready to ship?

EvilDragon said:
Three people can build 200 units in three days, even with all the modification on the shoulder buttons needed - and that takes quite some time. So the next 3000 units can be built faster, as the buttons will not be painted anymore.

ok, so let's assume without the shoulder mod you can do 100 units/day with 3 people. That's still 30 working day's for 3000 when 3 people work on assembly.
So basically next week(s) will be used to get to around the 1000 mark and then it's waiting for the cases to arrive and then it's around a month to get to 4000 ( if there are no delay's in the board production then - it seams the testing takes a lot of time.)

EvilDragon said:
The 800 more boards that had been populated in Texas had been populated and not tested when we mentioned them. That's what's happening right now

Ok, that's really confusing. It was said all the time that population takes only a few days and that testing was what causes them to be only able to to 500 a week.

It's now been about six weeks since production was started again after the wifi fix. So those 800 already were quite a lot less than expected. And now you're saying that these had not even been tested? Could you please explain a little bit more detailed what's going wrong there and how many they are _really_ able to do (including testing) right now?

EvilDragon said:
Only german? ;)

EvilDragon said:
approximately how many do you have so far for people who ordered from your shop?

neogramps said:

When you say 400 were ready to ship from Craig's - do you mean 400 of Craig's customers' Pandoras are ready or 400 Pandoras, someone of which are yours and Fatih's, are ready to ship?
I would like to know this as well. It's been implied that you had 700 boards, and since you ran out of boards, that was taken to imply that you had 700 complete units ready for shipping (presumably divided between Craig, ED and Fatih). Then there's been talk of these 400. I'm not sure there's been a tangible statement from anyone on the OP team yet on whether it is 400 complete units (and thus have not run out of boards?) or the full 700.

I'm happy that things are moving forward and if I've waited this long I can wait another week, but I'd just like to get a clarifying answer regarding the actual number of total "shipping-ready" Pandoras, whether 400 or 700.

cappuchok said:
neogramps said:

I would like to know this as well. It's been implied that you had 700 boards, and since you ran out of boards, that was taken to imply that you had 700 complete units ready for shipping (presumably divided between Craig, ED and Fatih). Then there's been talk of these 400. I'm not sure there's been a tangible statement from anyone on the OP team yet on whether it is 400 complete units (and thus have not run out of boards?) or the full 700.

I'm happy that things are moving forward and if I've waited this long I can wait another week, but I'd just like to get a clarifying answer regarding the actual number of total "shipping-ready" Pandoras, whether 400 or 700.

+1

in a translated post by ED (see below) I believe he says he has 30 Pandora, and another 50 on it's way...

so at that rate of 80:700 or around 1:8 also giving room for failures and whatnot.

so... if I'm around 250 on his list, and I'm guessing it's accurate enough by someone on that board got a tracking number and a order number of 2314 and my number is 2716 which is 400 away, also giving room for cancellations and whatnot.

*pulls out calculator*

by the time the... 2000th.. one has been assembled, again giving room for failures, mine should be in the mail to Germany. Then it's only a a week or two after that before it gets to america then to my house.

that's just wonderful...

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=de_en&trurl=http://forum.gp2x.de/./viewtopic.php%3ff%3d24%26t%3d9746%26p%3d125578%26sid%3dc488e66b9908ea131019207198afe6d4#p125578

Back