No Pandora By Christmas

Fat Agnus said:
I just figured that since everyone has been so public about their support and involvement in the project that the spokesman himself wouldn't mind at least sharing whether or not he's just posting info as a hobby like the way you and I are posting to these forums or if he really would be "losing money".
I've got nothing invested but my time, which I'm giving away for free. I've been giving it away for the last year or so, which is why I've been rewarded with the official title of "Press Relations Guy". :D

As I am unemployed and the job market (especially in my field) is dismal, I have a lot of free time, which I offered to the team to help out in any way I could. They needed somebody to deal with getting info out to you guys and the press, so that's what I'm doing. I may end up getting a free Pandora out of the deal, but I'm really doing this because I believe in the project and I want to help.

You should keep in mind that all the software devs who are building the OS and porting apps are also doing it for free. This project wouldn't be possible if it weren't for lots of people who are donating their time and expertise. Nobody questions the motives of all the programmers who spend tens or even hundreds of hours of their time writing free software for the Pandora. I don't have the skills to write code or design boards, but I do what I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
I've got nothing invested but my time, which I'm giving away for free. I've been giving it away for the last year or so, which is why I've been rewarded with the official title of "Press Relations Guy". :D
their time writing free software for the Pandora. I don't have the skills to write code or design boards, but I do what I can.

Here's to you, Mister-Open-Source-Quasi-Legitimate-Business-Model-Based-On-Playing-Questionable-"Roms"-Spokesperson are a real Man of Genius! <Real Men of Genius song being played>

You're already better than the Bush administration's press secretary. :) Hope you have luck in getting a gig in your industry bro.

MDave said:
Phawx said:
I knew I wasn't going insane. Well done Asmo. Chip has some 'splaining to do.
Simple really, it won't be fancy and it won't be cheap. :p

I actually heard it was going to be packaged in a bag....

A bag of holding :lol:

Phawx said:
If the FedEx box had Hope written inside, that would be pretty epic.
+1

If it's scribbled with a hint of hurry, that'd make it even more epic. :D

(To be honest, I think the level of excitement-induced euphoria is not going to be affected by such measly additions.)

I'm not concerned with the aesthetics of the packaging but I do hope they fork over a little cash for some bubblewrap. I like bubblewrap.

I think I may have a solution to this thread. There is an additional cost in cookies, milk and the stomping on children's dreams....

Firstly we must invoke the holy power of Father Santa Claus ™. Since most of us are jaded adults and do not believe in him, we therefore must find the nearest child and force them to write to Santa demanding that he pulls his work forces of elves from their duties of making low tech silly presents such as rocking horses, hand crafted doll houses etc and send them to craigx and the various parts suppliers post haste. We must do this ASAP as Santa Days Eve is upon us!

Santa then can deliver the completed and fully tested Pandoras to us all before Santa's day using his FTL sleigh.

All we need to do is get the letters written, leave out cookies and milk and then get really depressed and mopey when it doesn't turn up ruining Christmas for everyone around us :p

Merry Christmas all :)

But at least we know what craig/gbax have been up to via Engadget as the icontrolpad heads towards production. Let's hope they don't want to take credit card orders...
icontrolpad-20081223-600.jpg

TaG said:
But at least we know what craig/gbax have been up to via Engadget as the icontrolpad heads towards production. Let's hope they don't want to take credit card orders...

Great. A glow-in-the-dark iPhone condom. Just what I needed this Christmas.

EDIT: Removed image link from quote.

Gonna be black, apparently. I just hope they do that differently to how they have dealt with Pandora - Apple fans are not likely to be as understanding or involved.

Chip said:
As I am unemployed and the job market (especially in my field) is dismal, I have a lot of free time, which I offered to the team to help out in any way I could.
What do you used to work with / what areas are you interested in?

OrR said:
I hope there will be a bubblewrap popping app for the Pandora. :D
lol, I loved that for my zodiac (or any palm, for that matter) :p

TaG said:

Wow, I've really forgotten these icontrolpad-project...but I remember my fav. craigix-quote from the iControlPad site: QUOTE
The iControlPad (iPhone version) should be shipping in July.

:D

[laugh]hu, can anyone tell me if I will receive my pandora before christmas eve? :unsure: [/laugh]

//Edit: I guess my face would be more than priceless if I would really receive it tomorrow :p

mazza558 said:
Well, it's Christmas Eve now.

The team have 24 hours...

Go! Go!
:eek: Contact Santa!! Get the elves (not sure how good they are at making small devices)!!! Code red!!! :eek:

I'd have liked to at least seen a picture of a pandora before christmas :(
The longer it takes to come out, the longer I have to realise that I couldn't care less about playstation emulation, its not gonna be able to handle CPS3 emu, and realistically all the other silly little niggling doubts I managed to block up till now :D

I really liked the idea someone had of them shipping out branded Pandora boxes to all of the preorder people, empty save for the word 'Hope' on the inside :D

fusion_power said:
TaG said:

Wow, I've really forgotten these icontrolpad-project...but I remember my fav. craigix-quote from the iControlPad site: QUOTE
The iControlPad (iPhone version) should be shipping in July.

:D

OMFG..... lmao.

At least icontrolpad fans have photos of the finished product. oh wait.

Yep - it is kind of annoying that we are now at christmas with no sign of a completed Pandora yet

But if you read the forums regulalry you will have noticed a post from CraigX which stated the couriers did not ship the keyboard mat to MWeston yet - this means we will probably see a assembled Pandora prototype after Christmas - hopefully between Saturday and New Years eve

======

gp32_console + :gp2x and hopefully a :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Back