No Pandora By Christmas

Im going to be going to the engadget Party Dec 19th. Maybe you can send me a prototype box with a happy face Pandora and we can do an unboxening early?

Has noone made a joke about Pandora's box yet? Or did I just ruin it?
I know the Engadget headline for the unboxing will be a pun, so I'd like to say I thought of it first ^^
Also, I'm all for the hand drawn boxes idea, I hope the team takes note =]

Tobs

PSyMastR said:
Seriously, it wont even come in a retail box?
This is getting a little out of hand now.
It was never coming in a fancy box. Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
_Sterling said:
nephew n00b1: Oh hey!! The logo on my Pandora box is upside-down!
Haha! You got a SGI machine instead of a Pandora! Probably an O2 or something. You lose!
Eniko said:
I think it should have a sloppily drawn happy faced Pandora symbol.
I recomend some sort of potato-stamp logo.

I knew I wasn't going insane. Well done Asmo. Chip has some 'splaining to do.

Could be for beyond the first batch. I'm sure you could get a box at a later date somehow (maybe sent along with a future accessory order).

And I'd still like to see "Hope" written inside the bottom of the box. :p

But we can't have everything. :lol:

GunPei2X said:
Could be for beyond the first batch.
He did say it on Oct 04 though, during the first preorder period...

If I get mine in a Jiffy bag and you get yours in Diamond studded Unicorn pelt there'll be some strong words.

Bugger, might want to order another one... I just figured out that 'unopened 1st batch :pandora1: in original FedEx box' might be worth quite a bit down the road <_<

Oh dear god - we're arguing about the BOX now?

I'mu upset about the delay and all, but this is ridiculous...

If the FedEx box had Hope written inside, that would be pretty epic.

Chip said:
Even if every single CC customer decided not to reorder, we still have the money and resources to make the 2000-or-so (according to Craig) Pandoras that are already paid for. As I've tried to make clear in past posts, the bank problem is a nuisance, but it does not put the entire project at risk. We're losing money on this batch no matter what, but that's not really a problem. We're in this for the long haul. Future batches will pay back all shortfalls from this batch, even if half the orders disappear.

First off: I appreciate the seemingly billions of times you've directed ppl to the right info about the Pandora so this is not a flame, a challenge to your place in the hierarchy of openpandora, <insert other flame retardant equipment here>... I understand that you've been helping out Craig/MWeston and gang with communications to the user community. At the very least, sending people to helpful FAQ's of this and that...

What is your personal risk in this venture? You mention that "We're in this for the long haul" and "We're losing money on this batch". gp2x, pandora, that iphone joystick thing, UK real estate, and other odds and ends IS Craig's business. It's his livelihood. For MWeston, even though he's across the pond from Craig, he's doing this full time as his day job. For the devs, they've got arrangements one way or another with Craig on hardware, incentives, etc.

Just curious to know more about the person from Pandora that seems to make the largest number of posts.

BenT said:

Come on BenT, you've been around here long enough to know we can argue about anything. ;) Personally I could care less about the box and don't want any time or money unnecessarily wasted. On the other hand if they want to create a nice box for marketing / PR then fine.

I am looking forward to the next update though...

TaG said:
BenT said:

Come on BenT, you've been around here long enough to know we can argue about anything. ;) Personally I could care less about the box and don't want any time or money unnecessarily wasted. On the other hand if they want to create a nice box for marketing / PR then fine.

I am looking forward to the next update though...
hehe the only people i could see even being slightly bent over about the box is anyone hopeing to ebay/resell a "first edition unopened box" and personaly .... PBLLLLLT Neeener! serves ya right ya scalper!

but shrug everyones gota make a buck so hope it works out for yas in the end :>

Fat Agnus: Chip does it outa love..... hes their new official spokesman theres a post around here somewhere about it ...

Fat Agnus: I think that would be intruding a bit on privacy, and I wouldn't expect Chip to answer (although he might, he's a forthright chap). "We" just means he's part of the company as a PR rep. Whether he's getting a financial incentive or a cut of the profits, it's really none of our business mate.

GunPei2X said:
Fat Agnus: I think that would be intruding a bit on privacy, and I wouldn't expect Chip to answer (although he might, he's a forthright chap). "We" just means he's part of the company as a PR rep. Whether he's getting a financial incentive or a cut of the profits, it's really none of our business mate.
Quite possibly. I would be okay whether he shared or not.

I just figured that since everyone has been so public about their support and involvement in the project that the spokesman himself wouldn't mind at least sharing whether or not he's just posting info as a hobby like the way you and I are posting to these forums or if he really would be "losing money".

Back