Release public beta test

Maybe you should hide a disabled app from the most downloaded section. For example ramdefrag now.

UPDATE:

replaced version number with "date updated" from the main list views on the homepage as some people suggested they wanted the date on there and there wasn't room for both.

if a file is updated since your last visit it will show either "new" or "updated" depending on whether or not its a brand new pnd or an updated one.

bare in mind I have only just implemented this so it requires you to visit the site and generate a cookie before it will work, so it may not work the very next time u visit, but it should the time after, as long as a file as been added/updated :) - be careful though because as soon as you refresh the page a new cookie with time of last visit is generated so all the "new"/"updated" indicators will vanish.

this was only a simple implementation if I want to keep the indicators on there untill u visit the application it would get a lot more complex, so we shall see how it goes doing it the simple way and if people aren't happy, ill start implementing the complex/advanced version.

simple ergonomy thing: category and sub category should be links to said categories :)

simple ergonomy thing: category and sub category should be links to said categories :)

sorry could you explain a little more thanks.

well in the software's pages, if you want to browse more of the same kind, you're forced to click on the "back" button and find the same category, or subcat

example: from the front page, i click on PCSX emulator, then i get a page with lots of inrormations, but those informations are inactive text, in a perfect world, i would be able to click on "Category:Game" and see all categories of games, or on "Sub-Cat:Emulator" and see all emulators :)

the same logic could eventually apply to the package author, clicking on it's name could lead to "more from this author" page, for example :)

that would mean both a quicker experience for the visitor, and less page reloads for the server :)

also one detail: the big "categories" menu disapears when you open an app page, i find it a bit confusing that you have to go back to be able to look in another category .. the categories menu could be smaller (with a bit of CSS popup arborescence perhaps :) ) and constantly visible for more unity :)

Bing thanks to milkshake!

If I will ever get my pandora, I am going to love your app store (even more than I do at the moment ;) )!

in a perfect world, i would be able to click on "Category:Game" and see all categories of games, or on "Sub-Cat:Emulator" and see all emulators :)

I love this idea :) gonna have tosort that soon.

I think it would be cool to have a counter with downloads and available apps,

xxx apps served,

xxx apps available,

I also love this idea, thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an idea to further encourage ratings & comments. I tend to grab a handful of new things in one session, and test them in the following days. When I come back to the repo, the quickest way to rate them would be if the star icons were alongside the the games in my download list:

dkD5I.png

From here you could pull a sneaky little trick. When a star is clicked, a mini comment box appears.

Sajef.png

You wouldn't want to type a novel in there, but it might get more people to simply type 'thanks' or something.

And speaking of that, thanks for your ongoing work milkshake! The site is an absolute pleasure to use.

Can you transfer ownership of a PND to somebody? This way anything can be uploaded, and transferred to its owner as necessary.

Milkshake can do it manually. There's now a great function where an uploader can assign someone else as a maintainer, but the uploader remains the owner unless milkshake edits the database.

Some minor style/layout changes which will look nicer in my eyes:

Change the padding around the new download button to make it a tad wider:

Code:
In .app_detail .app_options #download

change padding to (or something along those lines)

padding: 0 15px 0 10px;

Also please add a blank line or a small div element at the bottom of the page (below the comment area), that way long sites will not end directly at the bottom of the screen which does not look very nice (and it won't "cost" any space as it is at the bottom anyway).

Code:
Simply add to the body element

<div style="height: 1em;"></div>

Here is how it would look like on a PC before - after:

EDIT: Oops, named the image the wrong way around :p anyway, left is current, right one is with the changes

It is minor, I know ;)

foxblock out

Can you transfer ownership of a PND to somebody? This way anything can be uploaded, and transferred to its owner as necessary.

the more i think about it the less Im inclined to implament this as it could cause allsorts of complications with people just upload everything and then trying to transfer owner ship, what if the original dev didnt want it uploading? what if the original dev doesnt want to take ownership of the file u uploaded?

see i think its probably at an equalibriam at the moment, although i will add the abilility for moderators to change owner ship in minor cases where it would need to be adjested.

what do other people think about this?

Maybe a request ownership button, after pressing it send you (mod) an alert,email whatever for review, e.g person x ports something then it is updated and person x has left the scene person y could port/package request ownership and then be given it, the request could also send and email to the original owner with a link to allow or deny, if no response in x days then ownership can be moved?

Maybe a request ownership button, after pressing it send you (mod) an alert,email whatever for review, e.g person x ports something then it is updated and person x has left the scene person y could port/package request ownership and then be given it, the request could also send and email to the original owner with a link to allow or deny, if no response in x days then ownership can be moved?

somthing very similar to this was going to be my original plan so you it will be somthing like this.

One thing I noticed when I opened it with Opera on my N900:

Usually, Opera determines the width of the website and zooms so that the website width matches the LCD.

With the repo Opera zooms out as far as it can displaying it as tiny as possible at the top left side of the screen.

Somehow it seems to think the site has an unlimited width.

The repo is the only website that behaves like this on Opera Mobile.

Back