Release public beta test

Thanks a lot to both of you.

I guess I should have read the wiki more carefull - I skipped the sourcecode part, because I got my json parser already working :unsure:

I don't wanna tell, because this project will certainly end on my "projects I completed up to 30% and then lost interest" pile (which is already very high). I just don't want to raise any hopes / expectations.

Btw. is there a special way (url) to just get the repo Information (name,version,update) from the repo ? Currently I'm requesting an "update" from the current time (utc) on, which should in 99% of the cases lead to a response with 0 packages, but will trigger a database query nevertheless.

Sorry, missundestanding (sometimes it really sucks that I'm no native english speaker/writer): I wanted to know if there is the possibility to just pull the repo information from the repo without any information about the packages (maybe a certain url something like "http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/get_data.php?repo_info")

I use this as a first check to see wether the user has entered a valid repository url

I would like to know if there is a possibility zu just request information about the repo itself from the repo. Just the name, the version and the update url, no other infos. Something like:

I'll make a request to this url I made up as an example "http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/get_data.php?repo_info", and get a json response that JUST contains the repository object NOT the packages json array.

I humbly beg for such a functionality, your mighty shakiness

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah no big deal, but in these days when every database query has it's own carbon footprint something like that would be nice to have.

Bug report:

When entering a comment it shows "0 characters remaining" (apparently okay), but upon clicking submit you are greeted with the error "comment must be between 1 and 300 characters long".

I guess that's a < check somewhere and a <= somewhere else, although I think you once told me it was the difference in how php and JS handle strings. Anyway, it's annoying - fix it :p ... please

Also you can enter line-breaks (which count as a char), but are stripped from the final comment and don't actually appear. So not only does this make you believe you could enter multi-line comments, it also robs you of one precious char you could have entered otherwise! ;)

well it doesnt rob any chars because they get stripped before the final count in PHP anyway, as I said before its the difference with how php and javascript handles counting chars i have tried to work out a fix before but not found one, I will keep looknig however.

also there isnt anyway to create a textbox that doesnt allow line breaks, at least not without javascript removing them on the fly but that would be pointless cos people with JS switched off would get linebreaks anyway :)

its a difficult situation yes it is :)

Oh well... I am disappoint.

If there is no elegant solution how about just adjusting the final JS check so it checks for 301 chars instead of 300 (which is actually correct) - as I have not yet seen it fail in another manner, it's just always that one char off.

The line break situation is indeed tricky, but for now you could just let JS not allow them, so at least some of the users are not tricked ;)

Oh well... I am disappoint.

If there is no elegant solution how about just adjusting the final JS check so it checks for 301 chars instead of 300 (which is actually correct) - as I have not yet seen it fail in another manner, it's just always that one char off.

The line break situation is indeed tricky, but for now you could just let JS not allow them, so at least some of the users are not tricked ;)

I tried to post this ->

Yeah, i will update the package soon™ and fix some stuff; You
can use Firefox+pentadactyl or vimperator to get that

feeling/controls too; I do it too, it's really nice! I don't

know if there is a thread on the forums, but maybe you guys

could create one and collect suggestions or submit your fixes.
But it doesn't allow me to.

I tried to replace the „™“ for a „(tm )“ (without the space) and remove some spaces to stay within 300chars, but it doesn't allow me to post it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feature request for the repo: is there a way the repo can save in the profile information all the applications installed by that particular user (only if you are that user, of course - that info would remain confidential).

The point being, if your card becomes corrupted one day, you could simply reconnect with your profile on PNDManager, and restore all applications at once instead of having to select them one by one.

Is that feasible?

well it does already keep a list of files you have download and PNDManager under the hood also has access to this, so in theory it could already be done (assuming you downloaded all your PND's whilst you were logged in).

well it does already keep a list of files you have download and PNDManager under the hood also has access to this, so in theory it could already be done (assuming you downloaded all your PND's whilst you were logged in).

Then let this be an official feature request because when you have more than 30 pnds installed it takes a LONG time to do it one by one. Such a feature would be awesome :)

Back