Beta Public Beta Test

php settings:

%A = weekday :::: %B = month
%c = date & time :::: %R = hour & minute
%V = week number :::: %Z = timezone in use
%H = hours :::: %M = minute

%X = LOCAL TIME %x = LOCAL DATE

I think that sums up the necessary info... there are many more settings than that, but these are the simplest to acquire (just opened the "orage clock" settings on my XFCE panel)...

I don't understand this post those PHP settings are for the servers local time as far as I'm aware PHP cannot detect user locale reliably that's why forums make users choose locales and time zones to be fair that would be really hard to implement.

ok, officially done with that portion of the conversation here, as it's not getting anywhere anymore... was it ever?

leaving you all with this and I'm done... will discuss anything else about this topic other than time. :)

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ref_date.asp

Its been discussed before, too many security implications with loading any malicious html/javascript etc could do nasty things to the server

milkshake said:
Its been discussed before, too many security implications with loading any malicious html/javascript etc could do nasty things to the server
What if you only display them as plain text files? That's what most of them are, anyway (maybe all of them).

This would be really useful because it's inconvenient to view them on the Pandora itself (the browser for them takes ages to load).

P.S. When I download any file in Links2 from the repo, the filename is download.pnd and I have to change it manually. It used to be download.php a few days ago. Do you know why? Can it be fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:
All that I've created are plain text. If they're HTML, you wouldn't want to display all the HTML markup. Is there any quick and easy way to strip all markup from a document? If so, that would let the help display safely, even if it doesn't have exactly the right appearance.

Esn said:
What if you only display them as plain text files? That's what most of them are, anyway (maybe all of them).

This would be really useful because it's inconvenient to view them on the Pandora itself (the browser for them takes ages to load).

P.S. When I download any file in Links2 from the repo, the filename is download.pnd and I have to change it manually. It used to be download.php a few days ago. Do you know why? Can it be fixed?

Yes I could strip out the html markup. but there is still a change i could miss some other type of script.
Also for those that were formatted with html if I stripped out the markup would just be one long string, no carrage returns or line breaks how would I solve this issue?

the only thing I can think of is to extract the help file and zip it up and provide the zip file to the end user.
the issue now could be that if it was html and it links to other html files within the archive (which is feasable) this wouldnt be extracted because I would only extract the document specified in the PXML, a lot to think about right?

let me know your thoughts.

milkshake said:
Esn said:

Yes I could strip out the html markup. but there is still a change i could miss some other type of script.
Also for those that were formatted with html if I stripped out the markup would just be one long string, no carrage returns or line breaks how would I solve this issue?

the only thing I can think of is to extract the help file and zip it up and provide the zip file to the end user.
the issue now could be that if it was html and it links to other html files within the archive (which is feasable) this wouldnt be extracted because I would only extract the document specified in the PXML, a lot to think about right?

let me know your thoughts.
How about help documentation gets put into a holding status until it is reviewed by "site moderators"?

I don't think providing a zip file would be very useful at all...

When I post a message on this forum, any malicious code that I put in here will not actually be executed; it'll just be shown as plain text. How does that work? Is that something you could reproduce? (that is, turn off ALL code by default, except for a very small number of things such as "line breaks")

For that matter, how do the "comments" work on your Repo? Are you saying that if someone managed to place some malicious code within the allowable 200 characters, we're all screwed?

Esn said:
When I post a message on this forum, any malicious code that I put in here will not actually be executed; it'll just be shown as plain text. How does that work? Is that something you could reproduce? (that is, turn off ALL code by default, except for a very small number of things such as "line breaks")

i think you're talking about "escaping" ... http://php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php is a related function

@crow_riot actually escaping is only useful when saving to database to prevent any one running a database command and deleting all my data or anything else what I can do is use is strip_tags() see http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/function.strip-tags.php it strips any html/php tags from a string, but if the string relies on html for formatting then what would be left would be a long blog of text no carriage returns or line breaks which would be almost unreadable.

@esn this forum doesn't allow u to post html it also uses strip_tags but allows u to use safer bb code which it parses an converts to html this way only certain html is allowed, I cannot to this with help files unless there was some clear predefined rules/specs on what bb code you could be allowed to enter into help files.

My comments section uses strip_tags and clears any carriage returns and line breaks to prevent any kind of messy output or malicious html/javascript but my comments section doesn't need much formatting because its only limited to 200 chars so its not affected by the same issues that would be there with help files that may be in html.

DO u understand better now?

yeah milkshake, that'll probably useful. i'm a bit rusty with PHP, so i dont mind correcting me :)

two things came to my mind this weekend (i dont know if this has already been suggested)

1) is it possible to upload additional screenshots (or maybe a movie, too?) for an entry?
that would be nice, since the old archive had that too. i normally create screenshots after uploading and not stuffing screenshots in pnds - just for the sake of the pnd's filesize.

2) when browsing a section with lots of entries you could probably try something like infinite scrolling when someone presses the 'show all' button.
i'd prefer this method over page-switch-button because you can browse using the dpad and still see all the entries.
take a look here http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/how-to-create-an-infinite-scroll-web-gallery/. also google images is using this if my mind serves me right.

i've tried it on the pandora, and it is really looking great there. thanks for all the efforts you've (and all the others involved) put in that.

UPDATE:
I have implemented the ability to anonymously report an application (or prehaps a comment on the app page) there is now a report button at the top of each app details page.
for moderators you have the ability to view the reports and take action if needed then complete the report if it has been delt with.

UPDATE:

All emails that are sent to the end user i.e. registration, app upload receipt etc in plain text rather than email (some people were having issues with html emails).

UPDATE:

partial downloads/resume downloads is now supported :)

added a few more checks to the pnd_upload script to make sure you don't upload a pnd where pxml contains many applications blocks with the same ID.

also checked to make sure logged in session hasn't expired before submitting to db to prevent upload from having no owner.

Ok, checked site a bit, looks good :)
Signed on to upload my game and ports, got email, clicked link, site loads and replies: no username supplied. Copied link into browser, still no luck.

Help? ;)

I speed read through the pages and did not find anything like this, if i missed it, sorry :)

Cheers,
MarkoeZ

ah sorry I forgot to remove the ";" from the url after the username, fixed that now, u can either re-request ur details by clicking forgot details then click on the new link or manually copy the link removing the ";" after your username and it should work fine.

Back