Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

I seem to get a black screen after loading a game. I've never used the emulator before, so I don't know why this is.

I've tried 200MHz, 266MHz, 275MHz. The game is Legend of Mana in ISO format uncompressed.

uhmm, LOF must to runs. I can runs that wells.

Can anyone get FF7 to work? All I get is 'Load failed' on both Pal and NTSC versions.

Other than that, underclocking is great! :D

Street Fighter EX2 has a 100% speed increase to around 10fps.

Tekken now runs at around 12 fps. I'll post more detailed results in a bit. :)

ff7 runs wells also :S, try woth other ISOs. .mdf dont run, and i´ve noticed than .bin runs better (more compatibility) than .iso. Also .img runs (cloneCD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Load Failed usually means the BIOS isn't in the same folder as psx4all.gpe. Is the file "scph1001.bin" in there? If not it gives that error for sure.

I'm going to be away for the next 2 hours or so. I'll reply when I'm back.

Thanks,
ZodTTD

Oh boy I feel stupid now! In all my excitement I forgot to move the bios across to the new folder. Duh. :blink: :p

FF7 here I come. :lol:

I seem to get a black screen after loading a game. I've never used the emulator before, so I don't know why this is.

I've tried 200MHz, 266MHz, 275MHz. The game is Legend of Mana in ISO format uncompressed.

uhmm, LOF must to runs. I can runs that wells.
How? Doesn't work for me. Tried with hardware scaling, without progressive, with progressive, different interlacing settings. No good.

Well Zottd, i think that there is a little bug with R1 Save State, the emus crash when i try to save, however L1 save runs well.

FF7 Runs nicely.

out of battle, normal walking etc..
Vsync: 32
Frame: 32
a bit choppy. Messages are fullspeed.

in battle: 34 or so fps/vsync [a il bit choppu]

Menus are fullspeed :)

this is at 280mhz with the psx core running at 17.8ish mhz

Btw how do I turn sound on? If it is in here still i forgot.. o_O

Its funny seeing the pieces missing form the sprites and stuff its quite enjoyable ^^
Im gonig to play smash now.. I would test more but yeah smash is fun!!

PM means private message?

and PM has a file addtion?

sorry for my poor english .ㅠㅠ

Yes, it's Private Message (click the PM button). It doesn't have file attachments but zodttd can provide you with a link.

zodttd - cheers for the link, I didn't want to clog up your PM area with a Thanks reply :)

No really, how do I get sound to work?

AFAIK sound is disabled for now until the speed of emulation is fast enough to warrant it.

@zodttd FF7 pal doesn't seem to work anymore. When I load the savestate it produces a graphical glitch on the screen that I can only describe as the first frame of the fade-in. This then stays on screen, but the game seems to run in the background properly as i was able to access the savepoint, just no actual in-game graphics. Might be part of the bug unai is still working on?

AFAIK sound is disabled for now until the speed of emulation is fast enough to warrant it.

@zodttd FF7 pal doesn't seem to work anymore. When I load the savestate it produces a graphical glitch on the screen that I can only describe as the first frame of the fade-in. This then stays on screen, but the game seems to run in the background properly as i was able to access the savepoint, just no actual in-game graphics. Might be part of the bug unai is still working on?
Yes it do.

How about frameskip? Do we got that?

Yes it do.

How about frameskip? Do we got that?

No frameskip, but the interlace option kind of makes up for that. I also figured out what the FF7 bug was; it's just the transparency of light sources doesn't work anymore and so you can't see anything behing the transparency layer anymore. When you move away from the light you can see the background properly. Other than that it runs damn fast. :lol: So close to perfect it's unbelievable! :D

hello,
For ZODTTD, i think that Underclock dont works properly, i underlock to 20mhz, in 1.7 the game wins 5-6 fps, but now in 1.8 it lose that, then i put the clock other time in 33mhz, but the games dont recovery her initial fps, now i underclock to 10mhz and WOW LOM fullspeed. Saludos!

whys every 1 worrying about rpg's like final fantasy and stuff
we got games on other consoles for that
try some more action games out like gta, mgs etc
not everyone likes rpg's

Out of battle the underclock gives an AMAZING speed boost to FF7, though in battle it seems to make everything hideously slow?

Driver 1 Rip - PAL German ( bin )
It show the Copyright Screen and then crashed it, 25 fps

Suikoden 2 PAL German
Screen of Death, 0 FPS

hmm, am i unlucky or? :huh:

i try ff7 cd1 pal

Back