Psx4gp2x V0.1.2 Test 1 - Playstation 1 Emulator For Gp2x

hi guys, where should i put those games to (which folder of emu) inorder to play this emu? have been trying it since getting f200 days ago...

scph1001.bin should be in the same folder as the emulator executable, games in iso, bin or img format could be put anywhere really, since the emu lets you browse if I remember it right, but I usually put them in games subfolder since that's the quickest way. (since the browser defaults to the same dir as the emu)

If it doesn't work then either you have a bad dump of the bios (scph1001.bin), misplaced it, wrong filename (all lower case should work) or you have a bad rip. I recommend Alcohol 52% for ripping if you use windows.

Hey everybody! I'm new, just got the GP2X for Christmas, finally got around to joining the forums. :)

Anyways, I tried Silent Hill, but I broke it up into two sections of video, and now I have to fix iMovie (I'm on a mac) before I can stick them together, edit out the parts where you can't see the screen, and make my voice louder (I did the video with someone else sleeping in the next room; had to be quiet).

Just a couple notes in anticipation of the video: It runs at a steady 20-40 fps, and is at about 2/3 of full speed with Clock at 110 and Cycle at 2.0. All the characters have lighter-coloured boxes around them, making them stick out like sore thumbs in the darkness that is Silent Hill. In the video, I forgot to turn up the brightness (SH has a brightness setting), so it's kinda dark at times. I'll try to brighten it up myself, but no promises. :)

how to set cycle and psx clock? that things are not on the main menu (the one you can open with vol+-) it shows only frameskip and things like that and there's nothing on the readme file.

Eclipse said:
how to set cycle and psx clock? that things are not on the main menu (the one you can open with vol+-) it shows only frameskip and things like that and there's nothing on the readme file.
An excerpt from the old Readme:

L TRIGGER+VOL-DOWN - PSX CYCLE DOWN
L TRIGGER+VOL-UP - PSX CYCLE UP
R TRIGGER+VOL-DOWN - PSX CLOCK DOWN
R TRIGGER+VOL-UP - PSX CLOCK UP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Zoddtd, I'm impressed, this emu is pure magic. Playing Abe's Odyssey fullspeed on gp2x is awesome! Congrats
I saw that almost all the games runs better with low psx clock and cycles, so they need to be tweaked almost every time you start to play, this can waste a lot of time and also remembering witch game runs better using a 20% clock and witch 16% could be a pain.
Could you add the feature of saving the cycle\clock per game? Something like the other emus custom game configurations would be awesome.
Usability isn't always on the emulation side, this emu is doing magic and a lot of games could now be played so a save cofiguration system would be a great add on!

For some reason, my game freezes before it even hits the menu if I try to OC but even when I don't, it freezes when I get to the menu.

Eclipse said:
the download link is now broken, and i can't find any trace of a psx4gp2x download on the site, is the emulator dead?
It's been replaced by psx4all, I would post a link to the latest version but the file archive won't currently load for me. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back