Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

___

Advanced Member
relax people! If he takes his time, the release will be more bug free and overall better... a little more waiting time won't kill you, will it? Better than a rushed release and some broken code because of that...

EDIT: Oh, if google ever opened a paypal like service, I would trust them only as far as I could throw a RISC server...

Estopero

Still Fresh
Well, i ´have been testing the Private BETA 1.5.

Conclusions:

- PSX Underclocking its amazing, the 2D games improve fps in 150-200% by underclocking the PSX to 17-20mhz (default its in 33mhz)

- With 3D games the underclocking depends of game, but in general the PSX clock must to be over 25mhz

- I´ve noticed that the emu now (core with ASM) is slower than the last beta (core without ASM). However the underclock allows improve the speed with almost of 2d games.

- The compatibility is equal than the last Beta (with my isos)

This its a few and early impressions. And sorry for my english lol, i´m hope that u can understand it. Un saludo from Spain!

Intruder

Website
www.quebarium.com
Well, i ´have been testing the Private BETA 1.5.

Conclusions:

- PSX Underclocking its amazing, the 2D games improve fps in 150-200% by underclocking the PSX to 17-20mhz (default its in 33mhz)

- With 3D games the underclocking depends of game, but in general the PSX clock must to be over 25mhz

- I´ve noticed that with default clock (33 mhz) the emu is slower, above 20-25% than the last beta (without assambler core). However the underclock allows improve the speed with almost of 2d games.

- The compatibility is equal than the last Beta (with my isos)

This its a few and early impressions. And sorry for my english lol, i´m hope that u can understand it. Un saludo from Spain!

Do you think you could record some video clips and also say which game you try that got the big increase, it will be great for the rest of us to also be able to drool on it ;-). I know someone put some video on YouTube about the PSX emulator. Any good RPG that will be playable with the new underclocking function?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

superip74

Still Fresh
Just one question, I just want t know if castlevania symphony of the night works?
It' s a 2D game and it would be very great with the undercloking.

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
- I´ve noticed that with default clock (33 mhz) the emu is slower, above 20-25% than the last beta (without assambler core). However the underclock allows improve the speed with almost of 2d games.

Are you saying the asm has slowed down the emulator or that the new emulator with slower when asm is removed? (when not considering underclocked psx cpu)

Estopero

Still Fresh

Are you saying the asm has slowed down the emulator or that the new emulator with slower when asm is removed? (when not considering underclocked psx cpu)

yes i want to say that the emu, now, with ASM core, its slower than without ASM core. But i dont know if this its really the reason. i will to try to write better my expressions xD

stop rushing the guy
he's too busy having sex with his wife/gf to care about the psx emulator
i know i would, give the person time, he has to go to work too you know.
Bet his laughing at everyone as he says - "screw coding for the night. I'll have some sex instead"
anyways good luck with the beta testing, i getting my gp2x soon
if some of my fave games are playable ill personally knight zodtt

meltbanana

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
im really looking forward to seeing this beta since it has so much hype. i hope it lives up to the expectation. all i know is that if the emulator works well, the console will probably get a lot more positive attention. and ill be spending a lot more time on my GP2X :D

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
im really looking forward to seeing this beta since it has so much hype. i hope it lives up to the expectation. all i know is that if the emulator works well, the console will probably get a lot more positive attention. and ill be spending a lot more time on my GP2X :D
resident evil on my SD card and 8 AA's await :)