Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

Out of battle the underclock gives an AMAZING speed boost to FF7, though in battle it seems to make everything hideously slow?

Driver 1 Rip - PAL German ( bin )
It show the Copyright Screen and then crashed it, 25 fps

Suikoden 2 PAL German
Screen of Death, 0 FPS

hmm, am i unlucky or? :huh:

i try ff7 cd1 pal

try underclocking the psx clock out of battle, i only will say a word FULLSPEED lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of battle the underclock gives an AMAZING speed boost to FF7, though in battle it seems to make everything hideously slow?

Suikoden 2 PAL German
Screen of Death, 0 FPS

i try ff7 cd1 pal

try underclocking the psx clock out of battle, i only will say a word FULLSPEED lol
Just don't try to save ;) It crashes.

Suikoden 2 PAL German
Screen of Death, 0 FPS

i try ff7 cd1 pal

the saves runs well, but only with L1 slot =)

Suikoden 2 PAL German
Screen of Death, 0 FPS

i try ff7 cd1 pal

the saves runs well, but only with L1 slot =)

I mean in games.

I'm currently trying ff8, It doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but it hasn't crashed.

ah ok, ff8 dont runs, with any beta =(
the results of 1.8 are amazings. The underclock option allowsto play wild arms 2 full speed some times also, final fantasy out of battle too, uffffff. PSX EMULATOR IS A REALiTY YET. THANKS ZODTTD THANKS UNAI THANKS OTHERS CODERS XDDD

just got in rather drunk but will try and make some vids :D

ive tryed a few games and it just says load success but nothin happens :(

Just tested Einhander at ~20 FPS (with the default settings and 275MHz). It worked a little better when I underclocked the PSX to ~18MHz, though not much. At the beginning of the game the ship flashes for a while. I'm thinking it may just be part of the game though since it always stops at the same time.

Sangokushi VI (J) is playble.

frame rate usually 10~20 but graphic is broken. (I know that gp2xpsx0.36 ver's graphic is not broken)

#after conversation in game, the program is down

and How can i use underclocking??

I just tested Resident Evil 1 with the new beta 1.8 PSX4GP2X and I must say it runs alot faster than the public version that I last used.

Resident Evil 1

Menu/loading screens = 20-35 FPS
Prerendered Movies = 5-6 FPS

Ingame = 18-23 FPS - one 3d model onscreen( player character)
Ingame = 10-13 FPS - two 3d models onscreen(one zombie)
Ingame = 8-10 FPS - three 3d models onscreen(two zobies)
Ingame = 6-8 FPS - four 3d models on screen(three zombies)

Interlacing = 0
Progressive = 0
GP2X CPU = 266mhz
PSX CPU = 10mhz
File Compression = .Z = 375mb

The PSX CPU underclock feature really works great with this game, when the CPU is underclocked the game will not see the memory card so you must set the CPU back to 33mhz to load/save. With the PSX CPU set to 10mhz the game runs 10 FPS faster in some area's.

Great job zodttd, I can't wait to see what a full public release will be capable of.

anyone who can read text in game?

hmm... the dott is thick?? (sorry for my poor english)

I can't read any text. resolution is strange(?)

Estopero: Unai's beta 1.7 is slightly older than my 1.8 version. I added a slight performance increase in the threaded interpreter. I also did some other stuff that doesn't really get noticed by the end user. Unai will have this updated code shortly though, so we can work on beta 2.0 asap.

Remember, the underclocking value wil need to be changed at certain points in a game. I noticed the best value for most games I test is 3 clicks up from the lowest setting, I can't remember what the exact value was but it starts with a 4, so I imagine 4MHz. But in some games, 4MHz isn't suitable, such as the battles in FF7, so raising it while in battle is needed. When the battle is over it can be lowered.

If possible, let me know what values are best for what parts of what game. So for example:
Buster Bros: GP2X OCd to 266. 4MHz underclocked works in all points in the game. It's a 2D only game. In menu the VSync is over 100, and the FPS is at 61-81. In-game the VSync is 60 the in-game FPS is 32.

I'm speaking to Tinnus. Maybe we can get working on the ARM interpreter again. With the work done to make it threaded, it should help when converting it to assembly.

I'll see if I can fix the R1 save slot issue.

Btw, since I didn't include instructions...YOU MUST INCLUDE scph1001.bin WITHIN THE SAME FOLDER psx4all.gpe IS IN! Otherwise it defaults to HLE which currently isn't compatible with most games. So PLEASE only test when using this file. Thanks.

I tried castlevania SOTM at the 4mhz setting and it seems to go between 13fps and 20fps.

Some graphical defects. looks like palete issue. some areas are just black instead of being an image.

Diablo crashes the gp2x again.

EDIT: OCed to 280

I tested RayCrisis with default settings, 275mhz, Interlace 0, Prog 0

I was averaging ~40 in the menus, and ~9-14 in game.

the save state doesn't work?

i pressed X+L in the game and then i want to load L1 State, so ich just pressed B+L, and nothing happens

FF7 PAL works
OC: 280 MHz
Progressive on - interlacing 1

menu + without battle = 30-40 fps @ 10 mhz underclocking
in the battle 22 fps

EDIT: oh i founds out, that stickacton + select = menu

:)

Overclocked to 275, firmware 2.0:

Risk - menus & in-game: 28 fps, very playable!

Vandal Hearts - menus: 28 fps, in-game: 8-11 fps.

Kings Field - menus: 19 fps, in-game: 5-9 fps

All games are .Z compressed with movies and music stripped out. I didn't have much success with underclocking yet... I have to test it some more. It seemed to get some speed increases (especially with Risk), but the emu would usually crash rather quickly.

I tried to change interlacing but volume up + R or L didn't seem to change much.

Is there a way to get a 1 x 1 pixel ratio?

Incredible progress, Zodttd! All the games are faster than the last public release.

Bug report time.

I found that Diablo does not start up using the typical compressed format.

But if I use the orginal bin format it crashes after the introduction copyright messages.

Also Chrono Trigger works very well with the speedup at 4mhz. However when I loaded the game up again to record the FPS, it crahsed when you start a new game and it checks the memory cards.

If there a known bug with reading memory cards?

I made some Screenshots of FF7 running on this Beta 1.8

ff71.png
ff72.png

ff73.png
ff74.png

ff75.png
ff76.png

Back