Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Guys, many of you mentioned a preorder number. Where can I see it? in my account at the shop website or somewhere in the emails?

Oh, you're probably talking about the pre-preorder number. Everyone who did that got a numbered PCB, so that's how they know.

looking like this

pyra.jpg

:D

Damnit, someone preorder a Pyra! We've been on 495 for about half an hour now I think, and I was hoping to be able to post about the big 500!

FWIW, I've not upgraded by pre-preorder to a preorder yet, because I haven't decided about whether to go for 2GB or 4GB of RAM. I'm pretty sure 2GB will be plenty until I buy a replacement CPU board, where I can choose again how much RAM to have, and I don't think it possibly not being dual-channel will slow things down much. I'd really like to know if it affects battery life much. Perhaps I should just go for 2GB so at least there's an active member of these boards with one who could test power consumption against someone with a 4GB one, and if it is a bit slower for some things that's only until I buy a new CPU board. By my reckoning, saving 30EUR now should be a decent saving towards paying for a future new CPU board, even if it's not much on top of the up-front price.

i don t like chinese products..... whatever another question: if i don't preorder now ( i don t decide if buy 4g or not) can i buy at Day one when product will be available? Thanks

i don t like chinese products..... whatever another question: if i don't preorder now ( i don t decide if buy 4g or not) can i buy at Day one when product will be available? Thanks

That depends probably it will take a few runs before the normal units come in stock but when they do you will be just able to buy and get them soon after.
[doublepost=1462372388,1462372358][/doublepost]
Some production takes place in china (primarily keymat, and probably some components.)

The case is made in Greece and the PCB population and final assembly takes place in Germany.

BTW I didnt know the keymat was chinese...

That depends probably it will take a few runs before the normal units come in stock but when they do you will be just able to buy and get them soon after.
[doublepost=1462372388,1462372358][/doublepost]

BTW I didnt know the keymat was chinese...
[12:57:10 | 2016-05-03] <@EvilDragon> DocScrutinizer05, It's a lot more complex. And the case is being made in Greece, the keymat in China :p

Surely the BeagleBoard Black beats this?

it may be the first Debian linux handheld, but not the first Debian linux computer (like BBB).

reminds me of a song. it's the tallest widest and most famous haunted mansion in new jersey...

e.g. the Pyra is the first Debian Linux open hardware modular handheld gaming device... from Germany.

We learned that lesson with the Pandora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back