Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

A few comments:
  • The font on the FAQ page gets HUGE in a maximized window on a large monitor: http://i.imgur.com/NtBzLPw.png
  • The FAQ has a non-clickable youtube link
  • On the product page, there's a big "Order now and receive it..." box, which might confuse some people.
  • On the product page, there are also a few typos:
    • "before the device is redy"
    • "so if we won't produce one, you'll the 2GB version." Probably worth mentioning that you won't be charged more, otherwise it sort of sounds like you pay for the 4GB but we might send you a 2GB.
    • "You're place within the queue is already fix!" - Should be "Your" and "fixed"
  • It would be nice to have a counter that shows many pre-orders were placed, to get more people to jump in the bandwagon.

Mine doesn't look like it came with a voucher code and order at 8min after it whent up? Is it order number that is the voucher or is that different?

Did you read the post you quoted?
I made a mistake setting up the product in the shop, so no vouchers got send out for any order for the first one hour.
I will manually create the vouchers during the next few days and send them to you, don't worry!

BTW, what's with the blank "terms and conditions" page we had to agree to? :x

I'm really surprised that the prices ED announced were all without VAT so it seems, or in other words, I thought the 500€ version for example is actaualy 500€ including VAT (prices are usualy announced this way in Germany) .

The following payment methods will work:
* Bankwire transfer (cheapest for us)
* Credit Card payment
* BitCoin payment
Bitcoins are funny, at the moment one Pyra would cost ~1.5 Bitcoins - cheap! If I only had invested into Bitcoins a couple of years ago when these Bits were worth about nothing... xD

PayPal payment is not available since they didn't allow crowdfunding
Sure? Many Kickstarter Campaigns also have PayPal payment options in parallel (not directly through KS).

A few comments:

True, will fix that.

The FAQ has a non-clickable youtube link

Thanks, will look at that.

On the product page, there's a big "Order now and receive it..." box, which might confuse some people.

Sadly, I can't change that as it's a general setting for the shop

It would be nice to have a way to have a counter that shows many pre-orders were placed, to get more people to jump in the bandwagon.

Can't do that automatically but will check make that manually.
[doublepost=1462057827,1462057775][/doublepost]
Sure? Many Kickstarter Campaigns also have PayPal payment options in parallel (not directly through KS).

Yes, I have a personal business contact at PayPal, so I actually get personal responses to my questions :)

Uh, I only made one preorder so far, and get two vouchers for the one payment.

Edit: No idea how the angry icon got used. I am not angry. :p

Wow! This is really exciting, it can't be much longer now! I figured it would have been a little bit later so I'll have to wait a bit to order one, but it looks like I'll have to wait for the Pandora/iCP2 vouchers anyway (yes, I was fairly unlucky...). Congrats ED, Nikolaus, and the rest of the team for getting this far! The Pyra is going to be a great little machine.

Ordered mine within the first few minutes. Never got a Pandora so I couldn't let this pass.

Well, you could check on the product page how many have been sold.

Within the first 30 minutes, we got 55 Pyra preorders, most of them were 4GB LTE models :O

Sweet I was definitely in the first 50 and first 10 for the 4GB/4G US unit, maybe first 5, if I was quick enough possibly the first one. That would be awesome!

Uh, I only made one preorder so far, and get two vouchers for the one payment.

Edit: No idea how the angry icon got used. I am not angry. :p

? Could you let me PM me your name so I can look?
Doesn*t make sense :)
[doublepost=1462058132,1462058064][/doublepost]Just to let you know in case you got further questions:

I will drive home now (1am here, 3 hours to drive home) and will need to sleep a bit.
I'll look at all your requests later!

Don't worry, we'll get everything sorted out!

In the Preorder FAQ:
Q: What color will the Pyra have?
A: The color has not yet been decided. We will get various test colors with the delivery of the final case. I'll post pictures of it and you help me decide! We might even make multiple colors.
You will be able to choose your color with the final payment.

@EvilDragon
You should put somewhere in the infos that the color isn't final.

I guess I won't be pre-ordering then.

I wasn't planning on pre-ordering after the previous experience, but...oh well, why not.

So, I received an awaiting bank transfer mail (done by now) and an order confirmation. Should I receive an additional mail with the voucher?

Also, the order page mentioned the orderID should be sent by mail as well, but I don't see it anywhere in aforementioned mails (only the reference).

Whats my Ordernumber??
Im a bit late, but now i also got me the 4GB Mobile Edition ;)
Over 70 Units in 30 Minutes sounds realy awesome ^^
And most in 4GB 4G..
I copy and pastet my PreePreeordercode and it worked fine, but thankfully, next time i can use my Pyra for it, whit the iluminatet Keyboard..
Now its time to wait..

Also, the order page mentioned the orderID should be sent by mail as well, but I don't see it anywhere in aforementioned mails (only the reference).
If you're asking for the "reason for transfer", that's given in the awaiting bank transfer mail in my case, though it's called Überweisungsgrund in my mail. It's the same 9 upper case letter code as the order id.

That was my count as well (actually 123). Assuming a stock of 2000 units per type.

Not too bad given that the pre-order date wasn't announced very long in advance.

Back