Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Hello ED,

1st post here and I already need help. Sorry.

So I was trying to put a pre-order for a 4G 4gb pyra but my credit card was declined twice. I checked my credit card account and 2 chrages of $458.00 are showing as pending. Since those two transaction were declined, it wouldn't go through right?

I'll just buy vouchers using paypal and use that to pay for the pre-order. I just want to make sure that $916.00 won't be charged on my account.

I ordered, but said there was a problem with my my order. Additional 200 EUR voucher went through, payment went for 600 EUR, but I didn't oddly get a confirm for the 400 downpayment.

I'm only interested in pre-ordering if the unit will be black, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of color anywhere -- just the burgundy rendering (please tell me it's not that color).

Btw. maybe you could add a "(downpayment)" in the order title so its more clear for people that aren't following this forum.
Of course, it's in the article description and you should better read it before you make such a payment but it might be a good Idea to avoid confusion.

I didn't buy a Pandora, but have just taken the plunge with a 4 GB standard Pyra.
The dark red colour in the shop images looks great: I hope it's an option.
No problems with credit card: "Your order on DragonBox is complete." :)

I'm good for a bank wire monday, I hope that it won't send me at the end of the queue :/ .

I'm good for a bank wire monday, I hope that it won't send me at the end of the queue :/ .
As I understand it, it won't. At least it didn't for the pre-preorderers (matzesu asked back then), so I can't imagine it to be very different for the normal preorder: The order itself determines the place in line, not the time of the money arriving.

Edit: I mean, bank transfer is the cheapest payment option for ED, would be horrible if he dropped the ball that hard on it and screwed everyone over for using it :D

Hello ED,

1st post here and I already need help. Sorry.

So I was trying to put a pre-order for a 4G 4gb pyra but my credit card was declined twice. I checked my credit card account and 2 chrages of $458.00 are showing as pending. Since those two transaction were declined, it wouldn't go through right?

I'll just buy vouchers using paypal and use that to pay for the pre-order. I just want to make sure that $916.00 won't be charged on my account.

Don't worry, they won't be charged. Even if they go through later, I can always refund them.

Some things I noticed. The Specs on the 4GB RAM pages say 2GB RAM.
There's a spelling error, "redy to be shipped" should say "ready".

Oh, that was quick, didn't actually think this would be up at exactly 0:00 ;) Just preordered mine and I wish you lots of luck for the mass production!

Yes, you will get the discount and we'll ship them together.
But will they be shipped with the earlier queue position, or the later one?
I don't want my backup unit to cause my main one to get delayed...

Joerg said on IRC that the modem is not likely to be modular itself, and be tied to the main board. Is that correct? Maybe I will get my backup as a EU 2 GB so I have the parts to make 4 combinations :p

I'm only interested in pre-ordering if the unit will be black, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of color anywhere -- just the burgundy rendering (please tell me it's not that color).
In the Preorder FAQ:
Q: What color will the Pyra have?
A: The color has not yet been decided. We will get various test colors with the delivery of the final case. I'll post pictures of it and you help me decide! We might even make multiple colors.
You will be able to choose your color with the final payment.

@EvilDragon
You should put somewhere in the infos that the color isn't final.

Ordered!

But unlike with the pre-preorder, I still didn't recieve any code via mail yet. Has anybody recieved theirs?

Argh! Thanks for mentioning that, I made a mistake here!

All orders from now on should receive the voucher code right away and I'll create the voucher code for everyone else manually within the next few days! (just give me a day off tomorrow :))
[doublepost=1462057279,1462057229][/doublepost]
But will they be shipped with the earlier queue position, or the later one?
I don't want my backup unit to cause my main one to get delayed...

The first queue position.

Joerg said on IRC that the modem is not likely to be modular itself, and be tied to the main board. Is that correct? Maybe I will get my backup as a EU 2 GB so I have the parts to make 4 combinations :p

Correct, it's fixed on the mainboard.

Yes, it's soldered on there with a ball grid array, so it's not really replacable as a normal customer, except if you have a reflow oven, way too much time on your hand and no problem with possibly breaking the mainboard :p

Edit: Ninja'd by ED.
Second Edit as it doesn't deserve a second post: Damn, more than 50 EU 4G LTE Pyras ordered! Maybe we'll already rech the needed orders for production on monday :happy:

So I was thinking of supporting the 4G model just for "future-proofing". I don't myself really use mobile network in current life situation, and thus was thinking if there is hardware switch to turn it off when not used, or is disabling only done by not loading kernel module?

Argh! Thanks for mentioning that, I made a mistake here!

All orders from now on should receive the voucher code right away and I'll create the voucher code for everyone else manually within the next few days! (just give me a day off tomorrow :))
[doublepost=1462057279,1462057229][/doublepost]

The first queue position.

Correct, it's fixed on the mainboard.
Mine doesn't look like it came with a voucher code and order at 8min after it whent up? Is it order number that is the voucher or is that different?

Back